Deadpool is better than any mercenary character
Debate Rounds (3)
Deadpool has incredible healing powers that allow him to heal fast as a mother f*cker, when Deadpool got his healing powers he was quite weak and the doctor tried killing him by ripping out his heart but surprise, surprise the heart grew back.
Deadpool is literally immortal because even though he can have near death experiences he couldn't die so when his body heals his soul will go back into his body hence why Deadpool has actually had a relationship with Death herself, and yes Death is a woman get over it.
Deadpool is an excellent marks man he has a lot of firearms plus he almost never misses.
Deadpool also has great swords man ship he has twin blades attached to his back, he will slice and dice you before you actually feel the pain.
Deadpool fought hulk and survived.
And he does it all with funny quotes.
1. HE IS INSANE. Granted, in a fight this is likely a huge advantage due to being unpredictable (as you've stated before) as well as coming up with alternate methods of attack and approach. However it has proven itself a hazard to the objectives stated by his clients as well as the overall mission, even failing some missions because of this.
2. His healing power allows him to take risks that he otherwise wouldn't as well as use approaches that are not optimal. This tends to be the cause behind massive damage to whatever building he's in, people he's working with/against equally, and to seek out conflict where none is required (like fighting Hulk or Wolverine). While he has shown ability to stealthily complete a mission, it often ends in hilarity and body counts.
3. His ability with weapons is superb, however they are not unique to Deadpool in the Marvel Universe or DC Universe.
All in all, Deadpool is a majestic killing machine second to none, but he is not the best mercenary because of the same eccentricities and personality that make him an excellent fighter.
In rebuttal, I offer Deathstroke (Slade) as the best mercenary. He has at least equal ability with weapons but also has a mind for tactics and infiltration. He is Deadpool sans healing factor and insanity and humor. Not the most entertaining in his activities and not immortal, but capable of completing the job with the greatest optimization to receive the greatest profit from a contract. A straight up fight between them would end with Deadpool on top every time, barring a miraculous strategy that might involve dropping Deadpool in a vat of acid and closing it behind him.
And yeah, Deadpool and Death were hilarious.
* Foreign Chemical Resistance: Deadpool's body is highly resistant to most drugs and toxins. For example, it is extremely difficult, though not impossible, for him to become intoxicated (Blind Al made several references to Deadpool being hungover since he once drunkenly spoke to the Telletubbies on the TV he was watching). He can, however, be affected by certain drugs, such as tranquilizers, if he is exposed to a massive enough dosage.
* Disease Immunity: The unique regenerative qualities of Deadpool's healing factor also extends to his Immune System, rendering him immune to the effects of all known diseases and infections.
* Extended Longevity: Deadpool's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process to an unknown degree. His life span is extended to such a degree, that an alternate reality version of him was alive and still in business as Deadpool 800 years in the future. Deadpool has established a relationship with the personification of Death and as a result has been cursed by T-Ray, to be unable to die.
* Telepathic Immunity: The healing factor causes his brain cells to be in a constant state of flux and regeneration, rendering him immune to psychics such as Professor X and Emma Frost.
* Peak human Strength: Deadpool possesses great, though not unnatural, physical strength. However, he does have at least the strength of an Olympic level weightlifter. He is capable of lifting at least 420 lbs but no more than 800 lbs.
* Superhuman Stamina: Deadpool's musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all physical activities. He can physically exert himself at peak capacity for several days fatigue begins to impair him.
* Superhuman Agility: Deadpool's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
* Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced, superior to those of even the finest human athlete.
Deadpool is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is a master in multiple unarmed combat techniques such as taekwondo, hapkido, tangsoodo, shaolin kung-fu, wingchun, kendo, ninjitsu, and ju-jutsu. He has been shown fighting such amazingly skilled fighters as Wolverine and Taskmaster and even defeating them in hand to hand combat. This shows that Deadpool himself is among the most skilled fighters in the Marvel universe. He is a master of assassination techniques, is a master marksman, and is highly skilled with bladed weapons (frequently carrying two swords strapped to his back).
Deadpool possesses great, though not unnatural, physical strength. He does possesss the strength of an Olympic level weightlifter. While the exact amount of weight he can lift isn't known, he is able to lift at least 420 lbs. but no more than 800 lbs.
Deadpool has utilized different teleportation devices to whisk him out of (and occasionally into) danger, as well as a holographic image inducer that he can use to disguise his true appearance as necessary.
Deadpool employs any number of weapons depending on his current assignment. Most often, Deadpool uses guns, grenades, sais, knives, and katanas. Wade can use any weapon known to man and learn how to use the weapon in less than 5 minutes. Wade is mainly seen using a gun.
Has "the strength of 10 men", currently estimated to be able to lift 1 ton fairly easily.
While not nearly as powerful as Deadpool's healing abilities, it is still able to grant Deathstroke longevity and the ability to continue fights for unknown lengths of time as well as immunity from most forms of chemicals, diseases, and infections. He cannot, however, recover limbs.
The same procedure that boosted his strength also ended up increasing his intelligence, currently increased by a factor of 9 making him 9 times smarter than the average human. He is also able to use a greater amount of his brain to process information allowing him to come up with different tactics on the fly.
Increased speed and reflexes:
The same increases to his intelligence also increased both his reflex and movement speed to such a degree that he has been able to dodge point blank gunfire and run at speeds up to 30 mph. He has been able shoot Impulse in the knee and was also able to impale The Flash.
Once again, the increases to is intelligence show themselves in enhancing his senses. This allows him to hear further away in different ranges, smell most imperceptible smells, etc. more easily. This also gives him an increased hand-eye coordination which makes him an incredible marksman and fighter.
Skilled Martial Artist;
He is second to none in his martial ability, in one instance forcing Batman, Nightwing, and Robin to coordinate together in order to defeat him. He is also equal in his swordsmanship.
Deathstroke currently possesses Nth metal mesh lined with Kevlar. In addition to increasing his already substantial abilities, it also allows him to take hits and damage that would kill others. This is most noticeable in his fight with Lobo, who is often able to fight on par with Superman.
He is almost never without his collection of guns, his promethium sword, and his energy lance.
WHY HE'S A BETTER MERCENARY:
He's able to create an optimal strategy for each target using his enhanced intelligence and can change these plans immediately when necessary.
His sanity allows him to keep his composure during a contract allowing him to complete the mission in a timely, efficient manner.
His combat abilities make him a match for most any opponent that he may come up against. If there's an opponent that he can't out-fight, he is likely able to out-think them.
Employers appreciate his efficiency, ability, and his confidentiality. This means he is able to get more contracts.
Again, Deadpool would probably, eventually, win in a fight. But due to his personality and mental state he does not make the best mercenary.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Cobo 3 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting twist here by the Con. Instead of following what the opponent said he actually followed the resolution instead and prove how Deadpool was more powerful, yet not the ideal mercenary. Grats to both.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.