leaunra97
JonathanDJ

Dealth Penalty

leaunra97

Con

In an op-ed in the Knoxville News-Sentinel, Tennessean Drew Johnson evoked conservatives' intentions to "protect innocent life, promote financial responsibility and support government programs that really work" in criticizing the death penalty. Johnson, a Senior Fellow at Taxpayers Protection Alliance and founder of the Beacon Center of Tennessee, cited the many exonerations from death row as another reason to challenge capital punishment: "Life is too precious to rely on mistake-prone processe
JonathanDJ

Pro

I want to say at the outset, that I don't like the death penalty. I believe that it's necessary. I believe it's a divine command. But I don't believe that we should take pleasure in the death of another human being. I find it nauseating when I see people outside prisons on the occasion of an execution celebrating.
leaunra97

Con

leaunra97 forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Pro

JonathanDJ forfeited this round.