franksinatra
pariashi

Dean Martin VS Frank Sinatra

pariashi
Started: 2/15/2014 Category: Music

franksinatra

Pro

Dean Martin is better then Frank Sinatra because he is a better actor then Frank Sinatra, and his singing style is less robotic and more footloose, plus he is in his own television show, he is also a very funny person who knows what he is doing.
pariashi

Con

Frank had the charisma, no doubt,Sinatra all the way. Dean Martin was actually always drunk on set and in studio. Dean has a good voice, but he sounds just like Bing Crosby. Frank has a voice of his own.Frank was great entertainer, and Dean knew that and respected that too! Two of them where like brothers, and respected each others personalities and talents. Frank is after all the Voice, and sometimes people forget that he was a great entertainer as well! Nothing like Dean, but great non the less!Frank Sinatra without a doubt. He has some classics as does Dean Martin, but just hearing My Way still leaves me feeling emotionally charged. That song just sums up the greatness of Sinatra really.I think they are both absoluetely amazing, and i wish people could still appriciate their music. I have been listening to both for many years, and they will both always have a place in my heart.
franksinatra

Pro

I agree that Frank Sinatra is a great singer and he was actually the singer I heard first, but I would politely like to say that in addition to English Dean Martin sang songs in Italian which gives his music a more personal feel because he is of Italian heritage.
pariashi

Con

But Dean martin did not has a voice of his own sinatra did
franksinatra

Pro

franksinatra forfeited this round.
pariashi

Con

pariashi forfeited this round.
franksinatra

Pro

franksinatra forfeited this round.
pariashi

Con

so i guess the voters should consider the points made by me
franksinatra

Pro

Dean Martin was there for frank when he needed it most as they progressed into the 60's.
pariashi

Con

Its not about being there for each other
Posted by CJ101 3 years ago
CJ101
While both were great, Dean was over all the better of the 2. As for the idea the Dean was a big drinker, that was part of the act. While Dean did enjoy a drink or 2, there have been many entertainers that came forward to point out that Dean played up the drunk for that public act., but it was just that, including Jerry Lewis in his autobiography, and Frank himself pointed out that he was not part of the Rat Pack because he was not a big party guy, but more of a family guy. Dean was a better entertainer and played more by his own rules then Frank ever did. Love them both but Dean was his own man.
Posted by knightj 3 years ago
knightj
I'm sorry, but there is no way that Martin was better than Sinatra.
Posted by Grandbudda 3 years ago
Grandbudda
No losers here and I loved them both. Possibly a slight edge to Sinatra because of his longevity and popularity, but close. Looking forward to your arguments!
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
franksinatrapariashiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made better points. I'm ignoring all the forfeits.