PowerPikachu21
GabrielleLevenkron

Death Battle: Amaterasu vs Celestia

PowerPikachu21

Con

These gods of the sun have watched over their subjects for time immemorial. But which one is the more powerful guardian? Amaterasu, the Sun Goddess from Okami, or Celestia, the Alicorn Princess of the Sun from MLP?

Rules:

1. Only Amaterasu and Celestia can participate in this battle. No outside help.

2. You have 24 hours to make an argument this time. Arguments Round 1 is optional. Do not expect this to be an easy debate.

3. In case you weren't aware, we're referring to Amaterasu from Capcom's Okami, and Celestia from MLP: Friendship is Magic.

4. No trolling, semantics, or kritiks. If you try any, you forfeit the debate to me.

5. We'll mainly be arguing from 4 categories; Abilities, Durability, Agility, and Equipment.

I'll let the Contender pick between Amaterasu and Celestia. Here are the wiki pages:

Amaterasu; http://okami.wikia.com...

Celestia; http://mlp.wikia.com...

You will state your chosen character in Round 1, but not give any arguments.
GabrielleLevenkron

Pro

Both. Thank you.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Um... okay then. So do you think the battle would end in a stalemate? Would Amaterasu beat Celestia? Would Celestia beat Amaterasu? I'm honestly not sure what the Contender is trying to accomplish. But I will say this: My opponent cannot argue for both Amaterasu and Celestia winning, because only 1 of them can win. My opponent can't logically win, as she chooses both a winner and a loser, which just brings us right back to square one. I'm going to have to force Pro to prove that Celestia can win.

Amaterasu outright destroys Celestia in a number of categories. I'll list Amaterasu's feats here:

Strength: Amaterasu can destroy stone with her head, and can dig through stone. But she rarely uses her body to attack anyways.

Abilities: The Celestial Brush is a weapon that only Amaterasu can use, as she's a Celestial Goddess. (Chibiterasu, her son, also has this). She can control fire, water, ice, electricity, wind, and plantation (specifically, vines, trees, lily pads and blooming flowers). She can also control day and night. She's also got Cherry Bomb, which is an explosive fire cracker, as well as Viel of Mist, which slows down time.

But the most notable Celestial Brush technique is the Power Slash. It can slice stone, iron, even diamond ore!

Durability: Amaterasu has fought many demons, which wield fire, ice, electricity, and swords.

Agility: While Amaterasu can only run as fast as an ordinary wolf could, she can slow time to help with dodging and reacting. Note that this only lasts 10 seconds, I think.

Equipment: Amaterasu's main weapons are the Divine Instruments. Not musical instruments, but holy weapons: Reflectors, Rosaries, and Glaives.

Reflectors are the most basic Divine Instrument. They combo well, and if Amaterasu times it right, she can perform a counter attack.

Rosaries hit multiple times and have a wide range. They can also launch as projectiles. A notable Rosary is the Tundra Beads, which deal ice damage.

Glaives are slower, but more powerful. They're swords, and they can be charged to deal even more damage. A notable Glaive is the Thunder Edge, which deals electric damage.

Rebuttal:

Here's a few arguments an MLP fan might point out:

"Celestia can lift the sun, which is the same mass as our sun."

Well Amaterasu can control the sun as well. If Celestia tries to move the sun into Amaterasu, 1) That would kill everypony (likely including Celestia), so that probably would never happen. 2) Amaterasu can very easily move the sun back into the sky by drawing a circle.

If it's a laser, then we'd be getting somewhere.

"Celestia is the most powerful Alicorn in Equestria!"

This isn't really an argument. Gonna need actual information.

"Amaterasu's Celestial Brush is limited!"

It does run on Divine Ink, but it does replenish at a good pace. And it's not like Ammy's one to spam, is she? And she's got a large capacity so she doesn't have to worry too much.

"She's a wolf!"

Wolves eat horses. Though probably not often.

Conclusion:

If someone would like to argue this debate seriously, send a challenge to me.

[Another reminder, Pro must prove that Celestia can defeat Amaterasu. I forced this onto her because she decided to say both would win, which is logically impossible.]
GabrielleLevenkron

Pro

So do you think the battle would end in a stalemate?

Yes
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Never doubt the wolf.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
PowerPikachu21
What do you mean by that? Please explain further, Gabrielle.
Posted by GabrielleLevenkron 6 months ago
GabrielleLevenkron
No i won
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Even if no one votes on this debate, I won since I was the only one to give arguments, and the Contender is trolling, therefore points are forfeited to me.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Amaterasu is an actual Japanese goddess, though this battle is about Capcom's version of Amaterasu.
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
Oh THAT princess Celestia. The first name sounded Japanese leading me to thinking about anime.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Well, Canada is in North America so I'm half right. But this is one Death Battle that seems one sided.
Posted by Arganger 7 months ago
Arganger
Mlp is canadian
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
@NDEC1441 Okami is a video game, and I don't think it had a cartoon. My Little Pony is owned by Hasbro, which I think is American.

(And we basically state our characters abilities, physical strength, durability, agility, that kind of stuff to determine which one is more powerful.)
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
Is this anime? I dont watch anime. Also, how do you do these death battles?