PowerPikachu21
Furiousjay48

Death Battle: Meta Knight vs Link

PowerPikachu21

Pro

Swordplay is an art. It requires skill, focus, and the possession of a powerful sword. Today, this is a battle between Meta Knight, the Masked Swordsman, and Link, the Hero of Hyrule.

AnimationRewind had these two fight, and is planning on using another Link. But is a Link worthy of this match? That's where we come in.

Rules:

1. The Contender will choose either Meta Knight, or the Link of his choice. I'll be arguing for the character they don't pick.
2. When arguing for Link, you can choose any one Link in the Zelda series (You can't choose Four Swords or Triforce Heroes, since those are multiple Links). Or you can choose Link from Smash Bros.
3. Forfeiting (running out of time) will count as an instant loss, so at least attempt to refute my points.
4. The cartoons will not be canon in this fight. So you can't argue that Meta Knight has thousands of years of experience and call it game. We will only see what the characters have done in their respective games.
5. No trolling of any sort. The use of kritiks, semantics, or bull will count as an instant loss. (The voters will judge whether you're trolling or not).

So who is interested in arguing for what character?
Furiousjay48

Con

I am choosing Link and to make it fair for both sides I believe that we should both use the Super Smash Bros versions for both our characters. I will of course be using the normal link not toon link

This is Furious Jay hoping for a well fought battle. And good luck to my opponent
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I thank Furiousjay48 for accepting. Before I get into why Meta Knight would win, I have to make a few statements.

Well, this is supposed to be which character is stronger, not "Who's the better character in Smash Bros". By Smash Bros Link, I was reffering to the equipment he has, and moves. Here's how the debate will work: We can examine our character's Smash bros moveset, and limit the usage of moves to this. However, we must examine a few feats that the characters had in their respective games (For Link, the Contender can choose either the canon of the original Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, or Twilight Princess).

So here's Meta Knight's moves:

Mach Tornado: Meta Knight creates a tornado around him, damaging enemies and destroying weak projectiles.

Drill Rush: Meta Knight drills into his opponent. It does around 12% damage in Smash Bros.

Dimensional Cape: Meta Knight is able to teleport a short distance. While coming out of teleportation, he can attack, but it leaves him vulernable for a bit.

Shuttle Loop: A decently powerful upwards attack.

Galaxia Sword:

Of course, we can't just use attacks from Smash Bros. We also have to look at them in their own games. Meta Knight wields the Galaxia sword, which can destroy large objects that requires a mech suit for Kirby (Planet Robobot).

Meta Knight has defeated Galacta Knight, a supreme swordman known for destroying planets. Not ust once, but twice! Either Meta Knight's really good at combat, or it's the Galaxia Sword (probably both).

Conclusion:

So Meta Knight is quite powerful. We will limit our characters to their move sets in Smash Bros, but their feats and weaponry stay with them. So what'll my opponent's argument be? (Sorry if you weren't expecting this. I just don't want to argue who's the better Smash Bros fighter, and instead who would win in a real fight.)
Furiousjay48

Con

Thank you for the clarification, and no I was not going to see who is the better character in smash.

Link"s moves:

Power Bow: Link pulls out a bow that can be charged to release more power

Hero"s Spin: Link spirals with his sword, this can be used both on the ground and in the air

Bomb: Link pulls out his trusty bomb that has a time limit, the effect can injure himself if he"s not careful

Gale Boomerang: Link throws his boomerang that can bring items and players towards him, he can even push himself back if not careful

Master Sword:

Link has battled many monsters and slayed many more with the sword of light. In all of the games (except Four Swords) he has earned the right of being called the Hero of Time by simply pulling out this sword when Hyrule was in extreme danger.

Furthermore, Link seemingly is the only one who can wield this mighty sword.

Hylian Shield:

The Hylian Shield is a symbol of both hope and the kingdoms crest. With this shield Link will never have to worry about maintenance because it"s indestructible. Link"s blocked more than his fair share with this shield. In Smash it can even stop projectiles from hurting Link (if it"s in the right place).

Link obtains this shield through many different ways. Whether it"s from buying it from an old man, getting it from a child, by obtaining it through a chest, or by getting it from a dragon, Link always gets his shield.

Conclusion:

Link may rely on his equipment, but ultimately he can finish off his opponents with his sword and shield and if that doesn"t work, he keeps on going, cause he just doesn"t know when to quit.

I"d like to thank my opponent again for being so kind as to let me debate this with them. And good luck
(P.S I can't get the underlines for the items so please forgive me)
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I thank my opponent for continuing the debate. I'll be examining his points to see if they're true or flawed.

Rebuttal:

Moves:

There's nothing wrong with my opponent's moves Well, except Meta Knight probably won't stay far enough for Link to use his arrows or boomerang. Also, I don't think the bomb would be safe when Meta Knight's bombarding Link with all these attacks.

Master Sword:

"Link has battled many monsters and slayed many more with the sword of light. In all of the games (except Four Swords) he has earned the right of being called the Hero of Time by simply pulling out this sword when Hyrule was in extreme danger."

First of all, the Hero of Time is Young Link, and no one else. Second, the Master Sword in known as "The Blade of Evil's Bane", and it's meant to repel evil rather than just opponents in general. Meta Knight isn't evil, so the Master Sword won't be as effective as Link fighting Ganon.

Hylian Shield:

Yeah, the shield is really durable. But Link has to actually block Meta Knight's attacks, which come by kind of fast, not to mention Meta Knight could just Dimensional Cape behind Link and attack.

Also, click "Rich Text" to get these cool features I'm using.

Conclusion:

Sure, Link has many tools, but he'd have to stay at a safe distance to use arrows. Chances are, Meta Knight won't let up his attacks. Plus, the Galaxia Sword is powerful, regardless of the opponent. The Master Sword is only powerful against darkness and evil.
Furiousjay48

Con

Flawed or false problems

Rebuttal:

Moves:

Move wise Link and Meta Knight are around the same. Link using a bomb is in a way kind of a deterrent as he can use them close to himself with minimum damage. The Gale Boomerang isn't always used as a far ranged attack as it can be used to throw Meta Knight back. The bow can be used at different power and time so it can be adapted to the situation.

Galaxia Sword:

As for swordsmanship Link is superior, but in sword strength, yes the Galaxia Sword is stronger but, it also takes a major toll on the user. Meta Knight is also a character that can easily be avoided and countered.

As my opponent has stated, Meta Knight won't let up his attacks voluntarily, so say Link dodged one of Meta Knights attacks Meta Knight would be slow in countering and turning around. As for the Dimensional Cape, it's fairly decent at being able to read if you're in a close quarter combat situation. As for raw power Link would win, with controlled power Meta Knight. But with dispersed attack comes the fact that with Meta Knight's attacks are more aerial attacks than ground based so Link has the advantage of Meta Knight being predictable.

As for the Master Sword it is unbreakable as well but when not faced with darkness it has the same effect as any other sword.

(Thanks for the tip on Rich text)
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I'll get into rebuttals first, then my defense.

Rebuttal:

Link's weaponry:

Bow: Yes, you could launch a bow at minimum power, but it wouldn't fly far, fast, or accurately.

Boomerang: Taking something out of a pocket / magic satchel, and throwing it isn't immediate. Meta Knight could react if he was far away, or perhaps attack Link before he attacks, if close enough.

Bomb: So what you're saying is that Link blow himself up? I don't think anyone would use this method. It would hurt Link and Meta Knight about equally. And the bombs can be grabbed out of mid-air.

Master Sword: My opponent concedes that the Master Sword is just like a regular sword if not fighting evil.

Rebuttal against Conclusion:

"As for the Dimensional Cape, it's fairly decent at being able to read if you're in a close quarter combat situation."

Meta Knight can attack out of Dimensional Cape as a counterattack. Bu Meta Knight doesn't have to attack out of Dimensional Cape if he doesn't want to, as attacking out of it will leave him vulernable.

"As for raw power Link would win, with controlled power Meta Knight."

What do you mean by raw and controlled power, and how is this going to affect the outcome? I think you could expand on this a bit.

"Meta Knight's attacks are more aerial attacks than ground based so Link has the advantage of Meta Knight being predictable."

Recall that this fight isn't taking place in Smash Bros, merely that we're using some of the moves from Smash. And if Meta Knight sees Link trying to counter air attacks, he can counter-read, and attack on the ground instead of the air if need be.

Defense:

Galaxia Sword:

"As for swordsmanship Link is superior"

Your evidence is...? Meta Knight is also skilled. You've dropped my point about Galacta Knight.

"but in sword strength, yes the Galaxia Sword is stronger"

Concession accepted.

"but, it [Galaxia Sword] also takes a major toll on the user."

Where's your source? Neither in the cartoon, or in any video game have I seen anything about any corruption or injuries done to Meta Knight, or Kirby when wielding the Galaxia Sword. This is an unsupported, and false, assertion.

"Meta Knight is also a character that can easily be avoided and countered."

Meta Knight won't always run up and attack. He can change tactics, and wait for a chance to strike instead of trying to make one.

Defeating Galacta Knight:

This point has been dropped, and possibly ignored. Keep in mind Galacta Knight's strength.

"Let us bring back a legendary swordsman from a forgotten time. He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life. The benefits of this final battle outweigh the collateral damage." - Star Dream about to summon Galacta Knight, Planet Robobot

"The most powerful warrior in the galaxy who somehow drifted into this universe from another dimension. What a dream battle!" - Pause Screen for Galacta Knight, Kirby's Return to Dream Land

http://kirby.wikia.com...

Such a powerful warrior, who Meta Knight defeated twice (Return to Dreamland doesn't count). This shows how great of a warrior Meta Knight is, considering he defeated the "most powerful warrior", according to numerous sources.

So... how are you going to respond, Con?
Furiousjay48

Con

Rebuttal:

Bow: Yes, Links bow wouldn't exactly be fast or far but, accuracy would be exactly the same each time you fire.

Boomerang: Link can easily reach into his (I really don't know where he holds this stuff) and throw the boomerang on a moment's notice, as well as Link being able to absorb one of Meta knights blows to throw the boomerang.

Bomb: (Thank you for realizing what I was saying about blowing himself up) and yes Link's bomb can be caught in midair but it is difficult to time and you have to account how long it was held. (By the way, if I have an extra life against some one and we are off the edge I sometimes use the bomb as a extra hit for recovery.)

Master Sword: I stated yes it is as normal of a sword but you have forgotten it is unbreakable.

Rebuttal against Conclusion:

"Sure, Link has many tools, but he'd have to stay at a safe distance to use arrows"

That has been disproves and since when has that stopped link from using a bow at close range.

"Chances are, Meta Knight won't let up his attacks. Plus, the Galaxia Sword is powerful, regardless of the opponent."

Chance is the keyword here, there is a chance he won't and even if he doesn't Link can block or evade through multiple ways

"The Master Sword is only powerful against darkness and evil."

This is not 100% true, yes the Master Sword is powerful against evil and darkness, but it can and has broken armor, weapons, and evil magical barriers.

Defense:

"Galacta Knight"
I am not debating on if Galacta Knight would win, I'm debating on whether Link or Meta Knight would win.

"As for swordsmanship Link is superior/ Your evidence is...? Meta Knight is also skilled."

Yes, I won't lie Meta Knight is skilled but throughout the Zelda games, Link has obtained many skills such as the "ending blow". We haven't seen to much of a character development of skill against opponents that are different, Meta Knight only fights Kirby and that would still be a stretch because Kirby wins. (Usually)

"What do you mean by raw and controlled power, and how is this going to affect the outcome? I think you could expand on this a bit."

Sorry if I was unclear, Link in physical strength has more than Meta Knight. Meta Knight has more mental strength. It has to do with precision and power. Like Russia having so many soldiers and Germany having skill, Germany eventually got over run.

"Recall that this fight isn't taking place in Smash Bros, merely that we're using some of the moves from Smash. And if Meta Knight sees Link trying to counter air attacks, he can counter-read, and attack on the ground instead of the air if need be."

I am not saying this is in Smash, and we are just using the moves from smash. Link and Meta Knight can both switch tactics and how they use their move set. If Meta Knight where to fight on the ground it would eliminate most of his moves.

Defeating Galacta Knight:

Let's not forget that this is not Meta Knight this is Galacta Knight not the same person (Sort of). And let's not forget Link and Meta Knight are from different universes, so there is no real way to state that Meta Knight is the "strongest warrior" which dismisses your numerous sources.

Thanks for the awesome debate and I look forward to a future debate with anyone who wants to challenge. Thanks Powerpikachu for letting me debate and I hope you have many successful debates.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 5 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I would like to note my opponent's straw manning (misinterpreting) of my point about Galacta Knight. I wasn't saying it was Meta Knight. If you'd actually pay attention, I said Meta Knight defeated Galacta Knight twice, not that I was replacing anybody.