Death Battle: Midna vs Fi

Kpleus has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Light and Dark, tools that were used by Link in order to save Hyrule. But which element is more powerful? Midna, the Twilight Princess, and Fi, the Spirit of the Goddess Sword. Who would win in a fight? Does Light overcome Dark? Let's find out.

1) This debate will be about comparing certain stats; Strength, Agility, Durability, Abilities, and Equipment.
2) My opponent will choose either Midna or Fi round 1. I'll be arguing that whoever the Contender doesn't pick would win.
3) No arguments from bias (Like if someone said Mario would beat Mega Man because there's so many Mario fanboys).
4) No new information in the final round, since I'll be unable to repsond to such. Doing so will count as an instant loss.
5) Attacks from Hyrule Warriors will be valid. However, mechanics from Hyrule Warriors (Weak Point gauge, Focus Spirit, etc.) will not be valid.
6) No outside help. However, if the character is able to summon clones, that is allowed. But no more than 3 clones out at a time.
7) The battle will take place in a 100ft x 100ft x 75ft arena, so no homefield advantage is present.
8) No trolling of any sort.

These are the stats we're going to discuss in the fight:

Strength: How powerful the character is.

Agility: How fast the character is.

Durability: How much damage the character can take.

Abilities: Projectiles, summoning wolf copies, teleporting, etc.

Equipment: What equipment the character has, if anything.

Midna had more plot relevance in TP. I thought the audio clips they played for Midna added a nice dose of personality. Midna doesn't make Link look like an idiot, she tends to be mysterious, but yet still very helpful. Her personality changes later in the game her personality changes from her sarcastic self-centered core. Midna had both an interesting backstory and a compelling personality. Midna is the intolerable imp-turned compassionate and inseparable ally. Her relationship with Link was arguably the best and most fleshed-out of any character in the series beforehand. She was an interesting character overall and she had a huge involvement in the actual story itself.

I thank Kpleus for accepting. It seems like he he believes Midna would win. But here's why Fi would have a higher chance of victory.

While Fi hasn't been shown of intense strength, Zelda Dungeon states she assisted with the forging of the Master Sword:

In Hyrule Warriors, her attacks reflect that of a dancer. And, while reading the writing after every boss fight, Fi also dances. The specific dance is ballet, which requires many years of practice, involving coordination, and flexibility. I imagine this would reflect how agile Fi is in combat.

Source for Fi's ballet:;(Timestamp: 9:15)

On top of being a skilled dancer, she is able to fly and teleport. The point for agility goes to Fi.

Outside of Hyrule Warriors, I don't think Fi was ever attacked. So we're not able to judge her durability.

Holy Light: Many of Fi's attacks in Hyrule Warriors involve some form of light. Whether it's creating an exploding orb, or creating a damaging symbol on the ground.

Skyward Sword: In Hyrule Warriors, Fi can turn into a sword and slash her foes. She can become a sword, and raise herself skyward to gain energy. She can then use this energy to either increase her attacks, or unleash it with a Skyward Strike; a projectile which is a mechanic in Skyward Sword.

Fi Captioning: In Skyward Sword, Fi can identify enemies and check for any weaknesses they may have, like Navi.

Dowsing: In Skyward Sword, Fi has the ability to scan for auras, so searching for Midna will be easy, though she has to activate Dowsing, and search for her.

High IQ: It's stated that Fi has a lot of intelligence. She is shown to make calculations about probabiity, best course of action, and able to translate the old writing at the end of every boss fight.

Fi doesn't have any equipment.

My opponent will state why Midna could beat Fi. And we aren't to only make affirmitive cases. Not only do we say why our character will win, we can also why the opposing character will not win.

So, Kpleus, how does Midna defeat Fi?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
If you want to debate me on Midna vs Fi, send me a debate challenge.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
Also, I have a few rebuttals against my own position, and some are what a skilled debater might say (such as "We don't know how much of what part of the Master Sword Fi helped forge, therefore can't know her holy power").
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
I've played Twilight Princess HD recently, but haven't played Skyward Sword in years. So I'm kind of at a disadvantage, since I'm not sure if I covered everything about Fi. But I do know Midna very well, and I hope my opponent does also.