EmperorDao
Prepare2Lose

Death Korps of Krieg would defeat any military force in a battle on land

Started: 3/24/2016 Category: Games

EmperorDao

Pro

Another game debate. Everything is simple and straightforward, I will be debating for the side of the Death Korps of Krieg from the Warhammer 40k series. My opponent will be allowed to pick an organized military force from any game, novel, movie, etc. All we must do is prove that, when fighting on land, why our military force would beat the other.

First round is for acceptance and statement of what military force you pick.
All further rounds are fair game as long as we defend our side and attack the opponents.

Lore would play a great deal in information of your force.

Restrictions:
No profanity, let's try and keep this peaceful.
The Flood may not be a military force, nor the Xenomorphs, Tyranid, or anything of those sort.

Any questions please voice in chat, be it about what force would be acceotable or definitions and so on.
Prepare2Lose

Con

Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game franchise. The series began on Microsoft Windows, and later expanded to consoles and handhelds. Several spin-off games have been released. The earlier games in the series are set primarily in World War II, including Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 3. Beginning with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which is set in modern times, the series has shifted focus away from World War II. Modern Warfare, released November 2007, was followed by World at War and Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops, released November 2010, takes place in the Cold War, while Modern Warfare 3, released November 2011, takes place in a near-future setting. Black Ops II, released November 2012, takes place mainly in the year 2025. Call of Duty: Ghosts was released in November 2013. In May 2014, Advanced Warfare was announced. On April 9, 2015, Treyarch announced Black Ops III.

The Call of Duty games are published and owned by Activision. While Infinity Ward is still a developer, Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games also develop several of the titles with the release of the studios' games alternating with each other. Some games have been developed by Gray Matter Interactive, Nokia, Exakt Entertainment, Spark Unlimited, Amaze Entertainment, n-Space, Aspyr, Rebellion Developments, Ideaworks Game Studio, and nStigate Games. The games use a variety of engines, including the id Tech 3, the Treyarch NGL, and the IW engine.

As of April 2015, the Call of Duty series has sold over 175 million copies.[1][2] Sales of all Call of Duty games topped US$10 billion.[3]

Other products in the franchise include a line of action figures designed by Plan-B Toys, a card game created by Upper Deck Company, Mega bloks sets by Mega Brands, and a comic book mini-series published by WildStorm Productions.
EmperorDao

Pro

My opponent has chosen to represent one of the many factions from the Call of Duty franchise, or, in a surprising possibility, to represent a number of the factions from the CoD series that would fight as a unified force against the much feared and respected Death Korps of Krieg. Before stating a full argument, allow me to explain what the Death Korps are. They are an extremely loyal and tenacious regiment of the Imperial Guard in the Imperium of Mankind. They originate from a post apocalyptic world where the surface is toxic and nothing else but a wasteland of trenches and ruins. The citizens live underground and soldiers are produced in large regiments as payment to the Imperium. These soldiers are trained at birth to become the next faceless weapons of the Imperium. They serve the Emperor through war, and they find glory in death. There are no friends among Krieg regiments, there are no names, there are no relations. Every soldier is covered in a trench coat and a gasmask, each one a faceless number who serves without question. Orders and taken as direct commands and are followed thoroughly swiftly, death is welcomed with open arms so long as it means an objective is secured. The Death Korps do not fear anything, they trained not to, raised not to, born not to. The will of a kriegsman is nonexistent because they do not exercise a true free will. Training is what a kriegsman volunteers for, the most suicidal of missions are what a kriegsman volunteers for, the most hazardous of warzones are what the kriegsman volunteer for. Retreat is rarely heard of among the Krieg ranks, glory is found in death and not rank or medals, heresy is quickly exterminated and operations swiftly taken care of.

Now then, the Death Korps of Krieg are trench warfare specialists. They are the elite when it comes to wars of attrition. They break impenetrable lines and setup impervious footholds. They hammer enemy forces with artillery shells and then travel through pummeled landscapes being filled with bullets from enemy guns without fear. They are the epitome of an autonomous weapon. Death Korps kriegsman charge into enemy lines with bayonets sharpened and lasguns firing. Death Korps engineers dig trenches in a matter of hours and setup defensive lines are break the enemies. Death Korps grenadiers walk through fire and bullets to reach an enemy entrenchment and take it out by literally any means necessary. Heavy weapons teams are fielded en masse and regiments deploy hundreds if not thousands of kriegsman each.

If the forces of CoD could still somehow outrank the Death Korps in some aspect, the sheer number of troops that would be fielded in each regiment would be enough to wear down any faction. The Death Korps are warriors of attrition, each military would soon be overwhelmed by the sheer number of kriegsman who walk into the defensive lines of any of the factions. CoD soldiers would quickly find themselves locked in a vicious melee with krieg troops, and any units out of reach of the bayonets would meet fates much worse than the quick deaths each Krieg blade brings. When compared to any force of CoD, the Death Korps would quickly wear down and annihilate the opposition, first breaking the morale of their opponent before rending any hopes of survival. Those who do not serve the Emperor are crushed, burn the heretic.

I await my opponent's declaration of which force from the CoD series he will be using and to hear his opening arguments, and quite possibly, his counter arguments.
Prepare2Lose

Con

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Pro

I am unsure of what is going on and why.
Prepare2Lose

Con

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Pro

EmperorDao forfeited this round.
Prepare2Lose

Con

Prepare2Lose forfeited this round.
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
I honestly don't doubt you on that. I still would like to see what my opponent has to say on the matter, who knows, despite it being horribly one sided in statistics and overall comparison, he could still probably find a way to prove that a faction from CoD could have a chance to win and that that would be enough. I personally don't believe that there's any possibility of even the Atlas Corporation beating the Kriegsmen, I'd still like to see the arguments and which faction he chooses though.
Posted by Blade0886 11 months ago
Blade0886
Trust me Dao, the Kriegs would have no difficulty whatsoever picking apart any of the factions Call of Duty comprises, even with all of them combined. Most of them are just plain regular human soldiers, from WW2, Vietnam, and modern days. Some are near-futuristic(Black Ops 2 and Ghosts), while others are straight up futuristic(Black Ops 3), but none of them hold a candle to the Kriegs. Have fun debating anyway, I wish luck to the both of you.
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
Reading all of the factions from call of duty in multiple call of duty wikias, I would like to commend you on picking the franchise and look forward to debating against any of those factions. I would actually love to see which faction from which call of duty you'll pick and defend against the death korps.
A challenge gladly accepted, and I hope you will enjoy the challenge if you read up on the death korps of krieg.

Again though, I'd appreciate if you told me which faction from the CoD series you'll be using... But if you decide not to share with me until it is your turn to argue, then I can understand.
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
Before I type my evidence and explanation as my argument, may I know which faction from the Call of Duty franchise you are using?
Op 40?
Rangers?
SAS?
Black ops?
Etc
Posted by Blade0886 11 months ago
Blade0886
Oh boy, Call of Duty. Rip in pepperonis, whatever army from CoD you're using. Kriegs stomp by sheer numbers.
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
lol, fairly certain he was 12 as well
Posted by Blade0886 11 months ago
Blade0886
All hail Admiral Ender Wiggins, genocider at the high age of 12 :D(I think it was 12)
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
Lol, in the event of a space battle, i'd much rather prefer the forces of that of the Necrons, specifically under the command of Imotekh the Stormlord. Anything else would falter under Ender's naval might lol.
Posted by Blade0886 11 months ago
Blade0886
Heh, I myself was about to use the human army from Ender's project, until I realised it was a land battle, and not a spatial one.
Posted by EmperorDao 11 months ago
EmperorDao
any organized and hierarchized regiment... that's a better interpretation. Yes.

We'll say all of them, since it is possible for multiple regiments to be deployed to any one battlefield. It's everything of the Death Korps vs Everything you've got.

Also, if you're picking an intergalactic race, destruction of the planet is not considered a land battle, i.e. The Empire employing the Death Star is not permitted. Just in case anyone was gonna do something like that lol