Death Note is the best anime ever
Debate Round Forfeited
Muslimdebater has forfeited round #3.
Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.
|Voting Style:||Open||Point System:||7 Point|
|Updated:||6 months ago||Status:||Debating Period|
|Viewed:||295 times||Debate No:||94155|
Debate Rounds (3)
1. I have to prove that dn is the best anime ever
2. My opponent has to prove that it's not.
3. Rest on the voters.
CAUTION: this is a light debate meant for entertainment no need to get offended.
I haven't seen much anime, but I watched Death Note, and while I like it, I wouldn't call it the best. I'll be arguing that Cowboy Bebop is better. Looking forward to a fun debate!
1. It has a very nice story.
2. The name is really accurate.
3. It is an anime for all ages.
4. It doesn't have any inappropriate scenes. Which many other animes do.
5. The antagonist and protagonist both are equally capable. None of them lacks in any quality needed to win. That makes it a fair competition.
6. Both have correct motives.
7. Through out the anime the plot continually changes and suspense remains intact.
8. The characters are really cute.
9. The ending is extremely fair bc L and light both die in the end and all the viewers either belonging to L team or Light team lose. And no one really wins in the end.
10. No fillers.
11. Great English dub with subtitles.
12. Awesome songs.
That's all I've got for now. My opponent HAS to refute the points I've made with valid reasons.
1. I agree, it's a very cool plot. But it does have some problems. For example, how come nobody ever questions how Kira carries out his killings? This is a major problem, since the story takes place in a realistic setting with no fantastical qualities outside of the Death Note itself.
2. How is this a reason why the show is good? The title is just the name of an object that people in the show use. That would be like if the entire Star Wars saga was called "Lightsaber".
3. All ages? The story is very complex for children, not to mention the inherent darkness of the main character being a mass murderer. It's clearly aimed at adults and especially teens.
4. What's wrong with "inappropriate" scenes? Death Note holds back on sexually charged scenes because the series doesn't need them. There are many movies and shows as good as Death Note or better that have nude and sex scenes to further the story. Some examples from Japan include Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Evangelion.
5. Yes, the dynamic between L and Light is amazing. But it isn't really a fair fight. Light is pitted up against the world, and since L is not only his intellectual equal but has the entire government and police force on his side, the battle was in L's favor for much of the series.
6. On the contrary, both have sinister motives. Light is a sociopath who wants to wipe out everyone he deems "evil" just so he can create a perfect world with himself as God; a shockingly simple-minded, idealistic goal for such an intelligent character. L isn't as bad, but willingly deceives his friends and puts others' lives at risk in his ruthless quest to discover Kira. Even the creator of Death Note, Tsugumi Ohba, admits that L is "slightly evil".
7. The plot does change, but it has its slow moments. Sometimes the suspense is lost, like when it focuses on the police investigation rather than Light's plans. It's a good show overall, but it has its tedious moments.
8. Are they? I could see why someone might call L "cute" because of his weird, childish mannerisms, but what about the other characters? Light is like a creepy serial killer, Misa is more sexy than cute, and Ryuk is terrifying.
9. The concept of both sides losing is a good one, but the execution is questionable. Light changes his character drastically just to serve the plot; I know they were trying to make a statement about his hubris bringing about his own downfall, but he was so dumb in the last few episodes.
10. Every episode moves the plot along somewhat, but there are definitely some boring episodes where not much happens. I would prefer a show to give interesting filler rather than a dull plot-based episode.
11. The dub is decent, but the Japanese cast is much better. But neither of them even come close to the English dub for Cowboy Bebop.
12. True. But the music is just okay by anime standards.
I would like to note that my opponent has made points about why Death Note is a good anime, not the best. I wouldn't have a problem with this if she didn't insist that I had to refute all of her points. I hope the voters will keep this in mind.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This debate has 0 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click thelink at the top of the page.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.