jackintosh
G131994

Death Penalty (Capitol Punishment) in US

jackintosh

Con

I will argue that the Death Penalty (Capitol Punishment) should be abolished.

This method of punishment is an arcane punishment that makes the government a possible murderer of innocent citizens. It is a non effective method of deterrence for would be criminals. It is irreversible via appeal after the sentence has been carried out should new evidence be found. It permanent end to a life, leaving the possibility for true justice (for the victim, the accused and for the potential true criminal) from every coming to fruition. Life in prison is more cost effective. Life imprisonment without possibility of parole is sufficient to eliminate the threat of a vicious criminal from society. From a moral perspective, murder is wrong this is true for everyone, not just individuals but governments as well.

Debate format:
Round 1 will be used to declare position, as I have above.
Round 2 will be opening arguments with citations, documentation and evidence for the arguments.
Round 3 will be disputing the opponents arguments.
Round 4 Rebuttal, no new arguments will be presented only countering the previous points.
Round 5 closing remarks if any. In round 5 you may choose not to contribute and this decisions should not be held against you in the voting. I put this in in case we wanted to summarize our stances.

I welcome my opponents talking points, good luck and I look forward to a good debate!
G131994

Pro

I am not going to be arguing the death penalty should not have server restrictions placed on it or that the use of the death penalty should not be reduced. Simply it should be retained for the use of the most heinous of crimes.
jackintosh

Con

jackintosh forfeited this round.
G131994

Pro

I believe that the death penalty maybe overused today but a country without the ultimate punishment is a worse place, For example if saddam or osama bin laden were sent to the usa for trial for their involvement in the terrorist attacks on American soil. Would you accept anything other than the death penalty ?

If the Killer of 27 innocent children at sandy hook was caught alive, again would it not be wrong for him not face the death penalty. Yes stop day to day use but do not abandon it all together because it may be required for the most awful of crimes.
jackintosh

Con

jackintosh forfeited this round.
G131994

Pro

No response to my arguments
jackintosh

Con

jackintosh forfeited this round.
G131994

Pro

No response to my arguments
jackintosh

Con

I am sorry, we had a family emergency and i was not able to keep up with this debate. i forfeit and request that we have a change to re-engage each other on this issue.
G131994

Pro

That is ok hope everything is ok and yes i am happy to re debate the topic at a convinent time for you.