fedicdougas
Anti-atheist

Death Penalty

fedicdougas

Con

I have, for over 6 months, rethought my opinion on the issue of the Death Penalty, and have come at the conclusion that it is unjust and needs to be abolished. First the simple effectiveness is in question. Places with it actually have higher crime rates and it is more expensive than life in prison. Moreover, the pure logic of it is ridiculous. I mean, we kill people to show that killing is wrong, I mean who came up with this? Not to mention how it puts a government above the law. However, probably my largest grievance with it is how it can kill an innocent person. 1/12 people who are on death row and executed are later to be found guilty. Now I am not sure if this is just me, but I do not like the government killing it's own innocent citizens. I have a lot more (Maybe for a debate) but I'll conclude with a question: When it comes to a question of court fairness, how can one justify keeping this when its inefficient, counter-productive, illogical, expensive and kills innocent people?
Anti-atheist

Pro

Some people just need to die. Murders do bad stuff. Jesus said u kill them. Someone kills u kill them. Kill them hard. I can't think of any other way but death
fedicdougas

Con

You are a complete and total bafoon. Jesus never taught an eye for an eye. He proclaimed If one strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also. Jesus taught us to forgive not take revenge. By allowing the death penalty we are being hypocritical. It makes no sense. Why would we kill people to show killing is wrong? It is also unconstitutional and morally incorrect. It brings no sense of closure to the victims family. It just continues the whole cycle of violence and corruption. It is a illusion that we are serving justice but truelly just makes us as bad as the criminals. The states with the Death Penalty have no significant changes in crime rates with states without. baffoon
Anti-atheist

Pro

Anti-atheist forfeited this round.
fedicdougas

Con

fedicdougas forfeited this round.
Anti-atheist

Pro

Anti-atheist forfeited this round.
fedicdougas

Con

fedicdougas forfeited this round.
Anti-atheist

Pro

Anti-atheist forfeited this round.