elizabeth9
Krazzy_Player

Death Penalty

Krazzy_Player

elizabeth9

Con

In the words of French Philosopher Albert Camus, "Capital punishment is the most premeditated of murders". In the next three rounds I will provide sufficient evidence to back my stance on abolishing the death penalty and show how this "eye for and eye" punishment is not working. For the first round please give your opening statement and then the second round will begin actual debate.
Krazzy_Player

Pro

I totally disagree with Con,"Death Penalty" for murderers, terrorists and other serious crimes should not be abolished. In opinion of many other people including me, even rapists need to be sentenced to death. Severe crimes such as murders, terrorism etc just can't be tolerated and should be sentence to death. Though I believe exemptions should be given for people who commit murders for self protection. Other than that no provision should be given for murderers and terrorists.
How can murders and terrorists can be allowed to live? These people just kill innocent people just for their selfish deeds and "Death Sentence" is the only solution.
elizabeth9

Con

My first point will be that capital punishment is a barbaric violation of basic human rights spelled out in our first amendment. How hipocritic is it of us to say that killing people is wring and never to be done, only to kill that person in return. We are saying eye for an eye is right no matter what constitutional rights we are taking away. Currently we are the only Western nation to still allow the death penalty. 97 countries worldwide have outlawed the death penalty for all crimes. 9 countries only permit the death penalty in cases of treason or terrorism. 35 countries have temporarily banned the death penalty and are currently attempting to ban it. We are in the same group as North Korea, Afghanistan, Chine, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Syria and Vietnam (find the statistics here: http://www.infoplease.com... ). Yes a study done by Princeton shows public disapproval of 36% but that number has been on a steady incline since 1986 and it"s projected to rise to 45% by 2020. Not only that but the second part of the study done by Princeton shows what age group disapproves of the death penalty the most, and that would be 18-29 year olds with a disapproval rating of over 45%. In fact, the study starts with 65 years old and as it goes down, the disapproval rating goes up showing that future generations are more aware of the brutality of capital punishment and even more hope for even higher disapproval ratings in the future. This shows how as the generations progress, the younger generations are more aware of the violations if the first amendment captial punishment creates. I believe I have thoroughly gotten my first point across and I will turn the debate over to the con. I thank you for your patience in my response.
Krazzy_Player

Pro

Firstly Con states that, "Capital Punishment"is barbaric violation of basic human rights spelled out in our first amendment.
I'd like to say to my opponent to be specific when you say our first amendment. Other than that Severe Crimes just can't be tolerated and regarding Human Rights for Criminals who commit serious crimes such as murder and Rape, I'd like to question Do they have right to commit those hideous crimes? The answer to this question by every people on this planet would be NO. So instead of keeping them in Prison and spending millions for their security and other cost better is to execute those criminals.

Next Con states that, How Hippocratic is it of us to say that killing people is wring and never to be done, only to kill that person in return.
Again I'd ask my opponent to be specific regarding us and regarding why Murderers should be executed I'd like to say the following points.
If you kill you should feel their pain and the pain of those suffered because of you.
"The Death Penalty Is Good for the Environment
"Respecting the value of human life
"Public safety
"DNA testing and other methods of modern crime scene science can now effectively eliminate almost all uncertainty as to a person's guilt or innocence.
"Prisoner parole or escapes can give criminals another chance to kill.
"It contributes to the problem of overpopulation in the prison system.
"It gives prosecutors another bargaining chip in the plea bargain process, which is essential in cutting costs in an overcrowded court system.
"The death penalty gives closure to the victim's families who have suffered so much.
"It creates another form of crime deterrent.
"Justice is better served.
"More Humane than other Forms of Punishment
"Removal of a Threat to Society
"Retribution
"Prevents recidivism

Next Con states again about the constitutional rights which I'd ask readers and my opponent to refer my first point.
And I'd ask again for my opponent to be specific regarding we, us, them etc.

Next Con states that Currently we are the only Western nation to still allow the "Death Penalty".
Again please be specific regarding we.
The only reason that countries uphold "Death Penalty" because it is undoubtedly needed to decrease crime and terrorism. Also it creates a fear among criminals and terrorists and makes them think thousand times before they commit those hideous crimes.
A classic example is the 9/11 attack on U.S World Trade Centre in which thousands lost their life which is condemned all over the world and is one of the worst terrorist attack.
The solution for this was to eliminate terrorism through war and if the main culprit was caught alive definitely he would have faced "Death Sentence" which would have been agreed by almost 99% of the world.
Another example is that of Delhi Gang Rape in which the final justice was "Death Sentence" for criminals who were proved guilty which is upheld and justified by almost every countries in the world.

Next Con states merely unreliable sources and which just tells number of countries practising "Death Penalty" and an unknown study in which Con states just the number of people who are for and against "Death Penalty" which is useless regarding the current topic .

Thus serious crimes such as Murders, Rape and Terrorism just cannot be tolerated and the persons committing those hideous crimes should be executed under law.

Finally I'd like to remind my opponent that he/she is con with that I pass on to Con.

http://www.policymic.com...
http://www.law.cornell.edu...
elizabeth9

Con

elizabeth9 forfeited this round.
Krazzy_Player

Pro

As my opponent forfeited, I'l wait for my opponent to show up in the next round.
elizabeth9

Con

elizabeth9 forfeited this round.
Krazzy_Player

Pro

As my opponent forfeited even the last round, I hereby conclude my debate.
Posted by spiderman12345 2 years ago
spiderman12345
Wikipedia is unreliable wanna know why because
I searched up nightwing and on a Wikipedia it said he was doomsday and all my friends said no
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
elizabeth9Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. I generally dislike the standards for imposing the death penalty, yet to argue against it entirely seems very difficult.
Vote Placed by teddy2013 2 years ago
teddy2013
elizabeth9Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: better conduct because of not ff. Convincing and compelling arguments, better sourced. I also agree that death penalty should be expanded to include rape.
Vote Placed by STALIN 2 years ago
STALIN
elizabeth9Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Cheetah 2 years ago
Cheetah
elizabeth9Krazzy_PlayerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has failed to prove any of pro's argument by forfeiting the his last 2 rounds (which are supposed to be the most important rounds); ergo, Con lost conduct points. Pro has clearly organized his rebuttal for Con's stance as seen in round 2. As for sources, Con's sources aren't unreliable, but insufficient to prove his stance. Pro's sources are much more reliable (disregarding the two Wikipedia articles), Cornell is always a good didactic source of information. Well done.