JoshyBoy
kaileyanne2016

Death Penalty

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

JoshyBoy

Con

I think the death penalty could possibly increase the amount of murders because I think it teaches people that if a person murders another person then they should be killed which could cause people to murder the person who committed murder.

Also, an innocent person who has been accused of murder could receive the death penalty even though they didn't murder anyone. Can you tell me how you would feel if that innocent person was a friend or family member of yours?

I don't think there's a good enough reason for me to agree with the death penalty because I think a life sentence is a good enough punishment and it's also a less expensive punishment. It also does not end the pain for the friends and family of the victim. Can you tell me why you think the death penalty should be legal?
kaileyanne2016

Pro

The death penalty is a tricky thing, nonetheless it is very important. Either way, there will be murder, right? We as humans all have that sinfulness in us that has us do bad things, which causes one to kill. When one takes a life, do they really deserve to live when the other did not?
Say the murderer killed a innocent woman for no reason but feeling the need to kill, should he get to sit behind bars still living his life when the woman's was cut short for no reason but to fill his bloodthirsty need?
I think that it would be unfair for a murderer to get to live his life out when the victims was taken from him, therefore I think the rule should stay in place. Money isn't a huge priority when it comes to a human life, it is worth the extra money to provide justice.
JoshyBoy

Con

"Either way, there will be murder, right?"
I believe there will always be people committing murder but I don't think we should increase the amount of murders. I think the death penalty teaches people that if a person murders another person then they should be killed which could cause people to murder the person who committed murder so this would increase the amount of murders.

"Say the murderer killed a innocent woman for no reason but feeling the need to kill, should he get to sit behind bars still living his life when the woman's was cut short for no reason but to fill his bloodthirsty need?"
I think he should sit behind bars still living his life because I think a life sentence is a good enough punishment. It doesn't end the pain for the friends and family of the victim so I think it's useless other than to avenge the death of the victim which doesn't help anything.

"I think that it would be unfair for a murderer to get to live his life out when the victims was taken from him, therefore I think the rule should stay in place."
The murderer may be still living his life but he is still getting a good enough punishment, not only will the murderer just sitting behind bars, but the murderer would also be living in fear incase he's abused, murdered or raped by fellow inmates.

"Money isn't a huge priority when it comes to a human life, it is worth the extra money to provide justice."
I agree, but I don't think the money should be spent on the death penalty because I think a life sentence is a good enough punishment and also an innocent person who has been accused of murder could receive the death penalty even though they didn't murder anyone.

http://elitedaily.com...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
kaileyanne2016

Pro

If that person is smart, they will let police manage it and not take it upon themselves to commit murder.
"I think a life sentence is a good enough punishment."
But should it be just a "good enough" punishment, or should it be something that brings justice and peace to the family of the victim.
"It doesn't end the pain for the friends and family of the victim."
It actually brings them closure , which helps them cope with the pain. And speaking of an innocent person being charged,
1. I would hope they wouldn't charge an innocent person, they do thoroughly investigate, so they don't judge without evidence.
2. If what you are saying is true about a life sentence being equal/ worse than a death sentence. Wouldn't it be equal torture for that innocent person?
JoshyBoy

Con

JoshyBoy forfeited this round.
kaileyanne2016

Pro

kaileyanne2016 forfeited this round.
JoshyBoy

Con

JoshyBoy forfeited this round.
kaileyanne2016

Pro

kaileyanne2016 forfeited this round.
Posted by Vexorator 2 years ago
Vexorator
The fact that innocent people have been given the death penalty in the past is enough for me to be against the death penalty.

It is not worth handing out a death penalty to 100 convicts at the price of even 1 of them being innocent.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
I'm sure all the empaths feel like gods watching the prisoner being electrocuted.