Imhellspawn2
SnaxAttack

Death Penalty

Imhellspawn2

Con

Death Penalty is a major debate across the united states of america right now and i am aganist the death penalty.

ROUND 1:Acceptance and opening statements and telling stance.
Round 2:Arguments # 1
Round 3:Arguments # 2(ADD VIDEO WITH THIS ONE PLEASE)-SINCE YOU ARE PRO LOOK AT PRO DEATH PENALTY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE OR GOOGLE.

ROUND 4:CLOSING ARGUMENTS AND STATEMENTS.
SnaxAttack

Pro

I accept the debates under the conditions my opponent has given. I believe the Death Penalty is necessary because its the most efficient way of dealing with a crime where a victim was either murdered or rape.

I wish "Good Luck" to my opponent and let him begin his own argument.
Imhellspawn2

Con

Thank you for accepting my debate topic.

With the death penalty there are several reasons for why i am against it. One i am STRONGLY AGAINST IT is because it is killing a human being which is not acceptable in my book, Another topic is america is wondering why our economy is in so much debt is because we spend a lot of money on the death penalty system. Another reason as cited below is "There is a better way to help the families of murder victims." with this quote it is very true there are many other different ways to deal with families of murder victims such as a whole bunch of grief counseling why should a guy or woman DIE because of the crime. Murder is defined as basically killing a human being and how on earth is the death penalty sentence not MURDER? and why should innocent people die.

With ending this argument mentally ill people are also killed using this death penalty no matter what their crime was who knows they DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.
SnaxAttack

Pro

For my first round of arguments, I wish to Rebuttal my opponent's statements that will tie into my own argument. For this round, I will take a quote stated by my opponent and argue of why it is necessary for the Death Penalty.

"With the death penalty there are several reasons for why i am against it. One i am STRONGLY AGAINST IT is because it is killing a human being which is not acceptable in my book"

First off, I like to point out that my opponent is clearly using his opinion without evidence. He is going based on assumptions, without proof to support his argument. My opponent states that it is wrong to kill a human being, and will agree it is wrong if the person is innocent; however, most people put to death by the death penalty are criminals. Stated from "Death Penalty Information Center" (1) the number of those executed was mostly because of murder and rape following behind. The most methods used was a lethal injection, and that was it. Why should we keep a murderer or rapist alive, when they commited a felony that placed traumatic stress upon a victim; or his or her family? When we could just simply execute them, instead of always trying to keep them alive.

"Another topic is america is wondering why our economy is in so much debt is because we spend a lot of money on the death penalty system".

Again, my opponent makes a strong claim about our debt being because of the Death Penalty but does not offer any evidence. And I do agree with my opponent that we should save money, but getting rid of the Death Penalty isn't the answer. The answer is eliminating Death Row. Voters, Death Row is simply the inmates who wait in a certain cell until their execution take place. After the criminal is sentenced to Death Penalty, instead of a more instantaneous death; it is a long drawn process of trying to prove that the criminal isn't guilt even though most of the time, they are. In fact, stated under "1 in 25 given the Death Penalty are Innocent" it states that it is a very small percentage of the individual being innocent (2). With the tweaking of Death Row, by making it more instant, we will actually save money from paying taxes to waiting inmates about to come into death (3).

"Another reason as cited below is "There is a better way to help the families of murder victims." with this quote it is very true there are many other different ways to deal with families of murder victims such as a whole bunch of grief counseling why should a guy or woman DIE because of the crime".

Is there a better way? Yes, there is which is the Death Penalty. My opponent, we must take the fact of accountability within this debate because we must ask the question "Who decides to commit the crime in the first place"? The criminal should suffer the consequences because he or she decided to do the crime in the first place. For the families, I admit it can be traumatic for losing a loved on but more justice is achieved with the death penalty. Stated from "Capital Punishment is Morally Justified" (4), it states: "Despite arguments to the contrary, the death penalty is a morally acceptable punishment for muder. In fact, it is morally wrong not to execute a murderer because punishment must fit the crime. Simply putting someone in jail does not compare to taking someone's life. As to the reasons most often given for abolishing the death penalty—such as the death penalty does not deter crime or the death penalty is unconstitutional—they are easily and rationally refuted. The purpose of the death penalty is to bring the murderer to justice and to acknowledge the sanctity and dignity of innocent human life".

"Murder is defined as basically killing a human being and how on earth is the death penalty sentence not MURDER? and why should innocent people die".

Once more, individuals accountability for their actions. Why defend them when they most of time time take the life of an innocent bistander. Voters, what would you like to achieve if you were killed in cold blood? Killing the person who cost you your life, or let them have the easy way out?

"With ending this argument mentally ill people are also killed using this death penalty no matter what their crime was who knows they DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING".

I go with the idea that if the individual is potential harm to society, they should be executed for the protection of others. Whats the main goal in society? To watch for each others backs, and not a criminal who decided their faith after murdering or causing trauma to the victim.

1. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...
2. http://digitalcommons.iwu.edu...
3. http://www.slate.com...
4. http://ic.galegroup.com...
Imhellspawn2

Con

Ok i seemed to have forgotten my evidence last time but this time i shall not and in the beginning when i said "with the death penalty there are several reasons for why i am against it. One i am STRONGLY AGAINIST IT is because it is killing a human being which is not acceptable in my book" i was just saying my stance on the subject and with my first part of rebuttial which will tie in with my own debate this round when my opponent said "I go with the idea that if the individual is potential harm to society, they should be executed for the protection of others. Whats the main goal in society? To watch for each others backs, and not a criminal who decided their faith after murdering or causing trauma to the victim. " in response to my first debate round about mentally ill people.

For Example Back on March 17, 2015 Cecil Clayton was put to death without no legal reason in the year 1972 Mr.Cecil Clayton sustained a work related injury to his brain in a saw-mill accident and later after that he was diagnosed with dementia but before his diagnosis he had Violent impulses and Schizophrenia and in 1983 it got so bad he decided to check him into a mental asylum or institution during his brain MRI it was revealed that he was missing his frontal lobe which deals with problem solving and impulse control.A picture of his brain is shown below in the link.

There are many more reasons why the death penalty is bad some are the following "The death penalty system in the US is applied in an unfair and unjust manner against people,largely dependent on how much money they have, the skill of their attorneys, race of the victim and where the crime took place. People of color are far more likely to be executed than white people, especially if the victim is white"

Just because you are colored why should you be killed over any-one else?

There is something out there called the Brutlation effect and with one major reason why the death penalty as stated and QUOTED below "The death penalty is brutal on society. The brutalization effect suggests that when violence is condoned via the death penalty, more violence occurs. Homicide rates tend to increase around the time of executions, due to legitimation, desensitization, and imitation. The death penalty makes society more dangerous by further increasing violence through the brutalization effect."

The above quote is true if america wants the violence to calm down SHUT DOWN THE DEATH PENALTY SYSTEM!!!.

IMAGE OF CECIL CLAYTON'S Brain-http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

SOURCES
1.http://www.commondreams.org...
2.https://www.aclu.org...
3.http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

SnaxAttack

Pro

For this round, I will Rebuttal once more of why the Death Penalty is necessary society. How I will do this is by, once more, by taking a quote and providing a Rebuttal on why the Death Penalty is necessary. As well as tying my Rebuttal's to my argument.

My opponent continues the debate about the mental illness of people. In the previous round, I stated: "I go with the idea that if the individual is potential harm to society, they should be executed for the protection of others". Do I still stand with this idea, of course because why should we protect those who already decided their fate? Believe me, I know about mental illnesses especially when my younger brother has one (Autism); and its his fate of whether or not he gets in trouble. The same applies to these individuals, but for the sake of argument; how many individuals in prison have a mental illness. Stated from "Mental Health America"(1), it states: "It is estimated that 5-10 percent of people on death row have a serious mental illness". How many recieve the death penalty, according to the article only 3 percent of mental health inmates recieved the Death Penalty. That is pretty low for something to be considered "serious" because not many prisoners have a mental illness. And those who do have a mental illness and go on death row balances everything out, so "special priviledges" aren't existant in prison. Those who commit a serious enough crime deserve to be put to death, even those who are slightly different.

There are many more reasons why the death penalty is bad some are the following "The death penalty system in the US is applied in an unfair and unjust manner against people,largely dependent on how much money they have, the skill of their attorneys, race of the victim and where the crime took place. People of color are far more likely to be executed than white people, especially if the victim is white

This respone to those who are against the Death Penalty is very repetitive, that those who are a different race get put to death more than white individuals. First off, this is "bull" because those who are put to death are the ones who decided their fate. I ask my opponent "Who decides to murder someone in cold blood, or rape that woman, or man"? The criminal themselves, and if they decided this; how is it unfair. For the race aspect of the Death Penalty, lets look at a few statistics conducted in 2014 on who has been executed more often. Stated under "Death Penalty Information Center" (2), the amount of race deaths carried out since 1976 showed that 55.4% of those executed were white and 34.7% were Black. That is a huge number difference to what my opponent stated, and would also like to point out that my opponent failed to show any evidence to support his claim.

There is something out there called the Brutlation effect and with one major reason why the death penalty as stated and QUOTED below "The death penalty is brutal on society. The brutalization effect suggests that when violence is condoned via the death penalty, more violence occurs. Homicide rates tend to increase around the time of executions, due to legitimation, desensitization, and imitation. The death penalty makes society more dangerous by further increasing violence through the brutalization effect.

Then my opponent discusses an effect called the "Brutalization Effect". Do I know this effect, I actually do because of studying both Criminal Justice and Criminology in college. This idea is more so a theory, than an actual fact. Because there has also been many theories that those who commited crime were because of demons, and that society is the main reason crime is ensued. More so ideas, than actual facts. To counter my opponent, I wish to provide a statistic that shows that the Death Penalty deters crime "a 2008 comprehensive review of capital punishment research since 1975 by Drexel University economist Bijou Yang and psychologist David Lester of Richard Stockton College of New Jersey concluded that the majority of studies that track effects over many years and across states or counties find a deterrent effect (3)". The article even states that the use of the death penalty even once actually saves one victim within the country.

To conclude, my opponent makes arguments, but fails to provide a whole ton of facts. More so ideas, and a more opinion based argument than anything else. Before I conclude this argument however, I was told to provide a video with the Death Penalty.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com...

The crime was for the murdering of a father, nd they executed him with letal injection. Like many say "An eye for an eye".

1. http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net...
2. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...
3. http://dailysignal.com...
4. https://www.youtube.com...;
Imhellspawn2

Con

To close this Debate off i plead that the Death Penalty should not even be considered a punishment any more this is my stance on this subject and after studying The complete brain or the nervous system without your frontal lobe of your brain you may not be able to remember even killing someone.

OPPONENT PLEASE MAKE IT SHORT AS THE VOTING PERIOD NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED!!
SnaxAttack

Pro

To conclude my argument, since my opponent said to keep it short, I would like to state how this debate went. For starters, my opponent made more claims without any evidence to support his argument. While I did provide evidence to support my own argument. Also, my opponent dropped many arguments that I stated, which should mean that he "dropped" the debate mid way through. Because of this, I think its easy to determine who should win the debate voters.

To conclude my own argument, I stand upon that the Death Penalty is necessary in society because of more benefits than doubts. Why should we defend those who decided their fate? I ask this question throughout the debate, and my opponent has failed to answer; which is easily noted that he himself can't come up with an answer.

So voters, vote Pro for the stronger argument out of the two!
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
I know you didn't. I'm just saying that we should treat like animals those whom act like animals: death.
Posted by Imhellspawn2 1 year ago
Imhellspawn2
Yes you put down a rabid dog and a dangerous bull and you crush a snake head because they are going to kill us i did not say we are better than animals @AWSM005
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
You put down a rabid dog, you shoot a dangerous bull, you crush a poisonous snakes head. What the difference for a human? Since when have we been better than animals? Lol