somerandomvideocreator
masterdrave

Death Penalty

masterdrave has forfeited round #2.

somerandomvideocreator

Con

The death penalty, if it were to be implemented, would need to be a murder case and would require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. However, there is a paradox of unanimity, so a unanimous decision would be a bad reason to convict someone of murder. At the same time, anything less than unanimous would mean that there is some kind of reason why somebody would not deserve the death penalty.

Err on the side of not giving the death penalty rather than killing an innocent person.
masterdrave

Pro

So hang on, I'm a touch confused here pal. Are you okay with the death penalty or not? You realise death penalty ONLY applies to guilty people right? That's why it's called, um, a PENALTY. God, more dull monkeys with the brain spectacle of an autistic rape victim. Bye.
somerandomvideocreator

Con

I am against the death penalty because if the death penalty were to be implemented, you would have to be 100% certain that the victim is guilty of murder. This is rather difficult to obtain.

for the paradox of unanimity, see https://www.youtube.com...

So, if we cannot trust unanimous decisions, or non-unanimous decisions (as that would be less than 100% certainty), the death penalty should not be implemented.
Posted by Lizsol21 10 months ago
Lizsol21
I see that point, but I believe in life. Only God can take like or give death. However, all criminals deserve a several punishment, Therefore, the worst punishment for a human is when you take his freedom. When the human loses his freedom, he loses part of his humanity.
On the other hand, death penalty is a fast way to finish with your status on the jail.
Last week, I read about a criminal, who killed a woman when he tried to rob a bar. He got a long sentence. After that, he and others criminals, made a request to the goverment about the death penalty. This is a proof about my position.