mlbrow10
Marauder

Death Penalty

Marauder

mlbrow10

Pro

Do you think the death penalty should be used in a court of law?
Marauder

Con

This is the first time I have been specifically challenged by anyone, and I got a say it makes me feel special :)
I’m not sure why I was challenged to be Con to this issue though since I am actually undecided on the issue and if I lean any direction on it right now, it would be for Pro. But since I have been challenged to be Con, and I love accepting challenges, I guess I can use this as an opportunity to argue all my doubts towards Pro Death Penalty that make me undecided on the issue.
My opponent asks if I think the Death Penalty should be used in the court of law. Well, if there is a death penalty in your states law, then I would hope a court that upholds the law would not ignore it.
But why should the Death Penalty be in any of our laws? What court of mortal judges can we be so sure of there judgment that we rest life and death in the hands of that judgment? http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...;

Besides the fact that we have no system of justice that is good enough to make sure only the guilty are executed, there is also the question of if it is holy to execute the guilty. For though they have done wrong, to end their lives would be to make it impossible for them to repent and seek to redeem themselves. To make right there life or seek help from one who has the power to make right their life when they themselves cannot.

mabye they will not seek to do any such thing, but is it for us to decide that for them ahead of time, and if we must decide why choose the pessimistic view of the potential futures?

So in short I have 2 contentions.

1) our justice system is to flawed to rest life and death on it

2) If we try to act with love towards others, then we should seek to give others second chances, not send them to their maker.
mlbrow10

Pro

mlbrow10 forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

Why is it newbs cannot finish what they themselves started?

arguments extend.......vote Pro.
mlbrow10

Pro

mlbrow10 forfeited this round.
Marauder

Con

if there are any reader's of this debate, vote all points to CON.
mlbrow10

Pro

mlbrow10 forfeited this round.
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
Thank you for honoring me with an explanation of some kind.

wonder what class you would be taking working for Vet school that would have an assignment like this...
Posted by mlbrow10 5 years ago
mlbrow10
Wow. Didn't know I ticked you off that much.

Yeah, this website debate thing was just an assignment for a class I'm in. I don't really like debate that much... I'm not into it at all really.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to debate me, although I didn't respond.
I'm working toward Vet School, not law school so don't worry, my future in debate is limited!

Have a great summer!
Posted by mlbrow10 5 years ago
mlbrow10
Sorry I wasted all that time for you!
I had to do a debate on this website as a class assignment so after the assignment was due I just never logged back on!
So soooo sorry!

Thanks for taking the time to debate with me though!
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
2 hours to go what is wrong with you!!!! your seriously not going to ever show up on this website again now.
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
post
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
post something
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
post
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
post
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
post
Posted by Marauder 5 years ago
Marauder
if you are still checking your account I'm going to spam up your account notifications with post on this debate so you cant miss it.
Vote Placed by boredinclass 5 years ago
boredinclass
mlbrow10MarauderTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit