joshuaXlawyer
Laurenx123x

Death Penalty

joshuaXlawyer

Con

R1 Acceptance
R2 Case
R3 and R4 Rebuts.
Laurenx123x

Pro

The death penalty should be enforced. I say this because of the harsh manner of crimes committed in some cases. I believe crimes such as Paedophilia and the like should be punishable by death. They are heinous, disgusting and ridiculous.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

Ok so for one your acceptance sounds like an argument....

My case:

1. The death penalty is a hypocritical punishment saying not to kill then killing. ( even if they are not innocent ).

2. The death penalty may kill innocents that have been convicted.

3.The death penalty is a cruel and unusual punishment.

My opponent says even rapists and pedophiles should get the death penalty, which in some states isn't possible.
However my opponent is only wishing to destroy something he does not understand, the reason why these people do what they do. Most of these people need punishment and treatment not death.

If the government is going to stand by the banner of a sanctity of life then we need to stop being hypocrites and follow that banner all the way.
Laurenx123x

Pro

Laurenx123x forfeited this round.
Laurenx123x

Pro

Laurenx123x forfeited this round.
Laurenx123x

Pro

Laurenx123x forfeited this round.
Posted by strangerthanfiction 4 years ago
strangerthanfiction
If humans are imperfect, then no system of law can be perfect, and as such, death, is too absolute of a solution. All you would need to do is put yourself in the position of a wrongly condemed person on death row, and then try to justify the death penalty, as a reasonable solution,...and then take it one more step, and TRY to justify your position AFTER you're put to death.