jippik
TinaK7

Death Penalty

jippik

Pro

Im for the Death Penalty, because many people dont deserve to live on this earth after doing such a violent crimes. Are you for it?
TinaK7

Con

Dear Jippik

I am against the Death Penalty. I think those who killed/murdered someone and/or many others) should not be penalized by death because people cannot fight violence with violence...because this will simple not resolve anything. Also we should not be on the same level as criminals (cannot be violent). Therefore they (criminals) should suffer while they are in prison and not be allowed to escape (die by not suffering and not having to think about what they have done). Also criminals should be in prison because subconsciously it will slowly kill their self-confidence.
jippik

Pro

TinaK7 I do disagree with you on the point of where you said that it "kills their self-confidence" because there is no confidence in the prison. Tell me this, people stay in prison their whole life (Life-sentenced), and WE the tax payers pay the government to hold those murderers and rapists. That's a free way of living for them, sure they stay under the lock down, but they all receiving roof under their heads and free food for which regular people like me and you pay for it. For example, you work and you pay taxes to the government, where do you think those taxes go? of course to prisons, and to maintain the prison. You think that's fair to 313 million people in United States? Of course not, we have to keep ourselves dressed and fed, instead of people in prison. That's why the Death Penalty is the cheapest and easiest way to get rid of the criminals who does no good to the society for the rest of their life.
TinaK7

Con

Simply*
Therefore,*
I understand your point of view but most people do not realize that financial costs to taxpayers of capital punishment is several times that of keeping someone in prison for life. Most people don't realize that carrying out one death sentence costs 2-5 times more than keeping that same criminal in prison for the rest of his life. It has to do with the endless appeals, additional required procedures, and legal wrangling that drag the process out. It's not unusual for a prisoner to be on death row for 15-20 years. Judges, attorneys, court reporters, clerks, and court facilities all require a substantial investment by the taxpayers. Do we really have the resources to waste? Another benefit to keep criminals in prisons is because criminals get beat up and raped in prison and it teaches them a lesson since the family and friends of the victim cannot get their hands on the criminals, criminals inmates will teach them a lesson and they will have to live with beatens and getting raped for the rest of their lives.
jippik

Pro

Well done, TinaK7, big claps to you on financial part, i did a little research and it does cost a little more, but that little more isn't it worth it? I got your point, there is no point of me arguing further, because to whatever i say, you will still try to convince me that it should be banned, and now i think about it, and did a little research on http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org... and it opened my eyes, Well done job you did here, and i have to give it to you. It was nice debating with you, hopefully we will debate on something again, and very soon. Good luck.
TinaK7

Con

Beatings*
Thank you very much! I do see where you're coming from because you did too bring up some very good points and I will look into it more. Goodluck to you too and I'll be happy to debate with you sometime again. Have a great evening!
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
jippikTinaK7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Evening out the score because two people I don't know posted on this debate saying something about multi accounting
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
jippikTinaK7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This vote brought to you by the DDO'ians Against Multi-Accounting Alliance (DDOAMAA) whose goal is to warn others to not vote for any side in a debate on the grounds that both sides are controlled by the same person.
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
jippikTinaK7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded. This is to be appreciated. How many times do you get to see someone change his mind?
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
jippikTinaK7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This vote brought to you by the DDO'ians Against Multi-Accounting Alliance (DDOAMAA) whose goal is to warn others to not vote for any side in a debate on the grounds that both sides are controlled by the same person