HelloSweetie
Matthew3.14

Death Penalty

Matthew3.14

HelloSweetie

Con

I don't believe that serious criminals should be sentenced to death. Horrible crimes, like murder or rape, don't deserve a quick exit. The criminals will die at some point anyway, so why not keep them in jail until their deaths? It's worse.
Matthew3.14

Pro

I presume that Con has already given points for the position in Round 1 so this will not be an acceptance round.

I shall focus my debate upon 2 reasons:

Economy

There was no outline for the method of "Death Penalty" so it is understood in its literal meaning as the "penalty of death." From an economic viewpoint, this form of punishment is far superior to any other form of criminal punishment.The penalty does not have to be an expensive form of intoxication or electric chair or anything of that nature. Instead, a simple bullet to the head would do the trick. Conversely, the cost of a life sentence or even several years in prison would cost far more than a simple bullet. Speaking in numbers, each bullet round costs around 21 cents (based on The Last Word) which is way lower than the millions spent on prison sentences.

Moral and Ethical Values

By giving a short quick death, we preserve our humanity. The Death Penalty provides this kind of treatment. Compared to the years or months in jail time, the time spent for a short kill will be far less painful in terms of time spent suffering. Instead of allowing someone to suffer time in prison for long time periods, the penalty provides a much more humane way to end a lfe.

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com...

Con has yet to fulfill his Burden of Proof.

HelloSweetie

Con

HelloSweetie forfeited this round.
Matthew3.14

Pro

My opponent has shown no response and has forfeited the round. Out of respect, I will acknowledge that my points still stand and will offer my rebuttals for Con's points.

1. Con has only one point that is recognized of the quick exit of "horrible criminals." This point is failty in 2 ways.
-The term horrible is subjective. This could mean that theifs of a couple dollars and serial killers would be dealt on the same sentence which is completely absurd and further violates the sense of morals in levels of punishment.
-The point of keeping criminals in jail for a longer period of time is too subjective to Con's point of view. Others may believe that giving a 100% death is more punishing.

Given these rebuttals, Con's points are invalid while my points still stand.
HelloSweetie

Con

HelloSweetie forfeited this round.
Matthew3.14

Pro

Clearly my opponent has forfeited almost all rounds and I truly wish we could have discussed a bit more. My rebutalls still stand and my points have been conceded therefore meaning that I win.

Yay.
Posted by vv0223 4 years ago
vv0223
I am for the death penalty because if someone has done a horrible crime, and get the death penalty, it relieves a lot of people that the criminal will not strike again. I look at it this way because I am one of those people.
Vote Placed by bobbyluig 4 years ago
bobbyluig
HelloSweetieMatthew3.14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave up.
Vote Placed by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
HelloSweetieMatthew3.14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit