jackwilliams141
einstein22

Death Penalty

jackwilliams141

jackwilliams141

Con

In a word-no! The death penalty is a quick way out for people like Saddam Hussein! People like that don't deserve a quick way out! A life sentence in prison would be better, because these guys are guilty of genocide, murder, assassination, you name it! Also, in the case of innocent people, if we kill them, we can't take it back! If we sentence them to prison, then we can release them. You can't release a person from death. There was a boy in England who is the reason they don't have the death penalty anymore. He told his buddy to let the cop chasing them "have it". The Friend took it to mean to shoot him, but he really meant to give the cop the gun. The speaker was 18, and he was hung, before it was discovered he had meant the gun, and the Parliament was so ashamed that they got rid of the death penalty. How many times have Americans hung innocent people? Isn't it time for that to stop? Should the people like Saddam Hussein get a quick way out of what they have done? I think not!
einstein22

Pro

Some people are responsible of murder, genocide and other horrible acts but there should be a death penalty. It cost around $22,000 dollars to keep one prisoner in jail for a year and around $1.5 million for a life sentence. All that comes out of tax payers' money. So, if you are against this argument, you are basically costing the ordinary joe more money to keep killers and and cold-blooded murderers alive. People are paying for criminals' food and water. With the death penalty, we are getting rid of the very worst criminals and doing it in a humane way. If we do not give murderers the death penalty, they are free to live and if they are nice enough and say that they have changed they have a chance to get out of jail and walk the streets again. Also, we have a justice system and we are not giving people the death penalty for nothing. There is only a slight chance that we ever give innocent people the death penalty.
jackwilliams141

Con

People like Saddam Hussein killed millions of unarmed children in a genocide. What you are saying is that we should give them the easy way out. Like I said before, if we execute an innocent person, we can't take that back, and that is plain wrong. If they are jailed, then we can release them if their innocence is proved, and try to make amends. If we kill an innocent person, doesn't that just make us murderers? Back to my argument about the heavily guilty, how does the death of one scumbag like Hussein make up for the millions they killed? I think that a life sentence in jail is justified. Now let's say that you say that it costs innocent people money to keep prisoners alive, like you did. I think jailing and killing an innocent person, and having the average Joe say"Well, he's dead, but I'm not losing money anymore, so who cares about that dead guy?" is just selfish. Complaining that we are keeping innocent people in jail alive costs them their luxury suite money is stupid and selfish. If their luxury suite is more important then an innocent person's life, doesn't that feel wrong? Doesn't that make it seem like the person outside of jail is superior to the one within? I think people should be willing to give a little bit of money to keep possibly innocent people alive.
einstein22

Pro

Saddam Hussein seems to be your only piece of evidence for this debate. There are plenty more that have killed innocent people and even got out of jail and walked the streets again because they were not given the death penalty like they should have.John McRae -- Michigan/Florida. Life for murder of 8-year-old boy. Pedophile. Paroled 1971. Convicted of another murder of a boy after parole, in Michigan 1998. Charges pending on 2 other counts in Florida.
---------------------------------------
John Miller -- California. Killed an infant 1957, convicted of murder, 1958. Paroled 1975. Killed his parents 1975. Life term 1975.
---------------------------------------
Michael Lawrence -- Florida. Killed robbery victim. Life term, 1976. Paroled 1985. Killed robbery victim. Condemned 1990.
---------------------------------------
Charles Crawford -- Missouri. Life term in 1965 for murder. Paroled 1990. Convicted of murder again in 1994.
---------------------------------------
Jack Ferrell -- Florida. Committed Murdered 1981. 15 years to life, 1982. Paroled 1987. Murdered again 1992. Condemned 1993.
---------------------------------------
Timothy Buss -- Murdered five-year-old girl. Sentenced to 25 years in 1981. Paroled 1993. Murdered 10-year-old boy. Condemned 1996.
---------------------------------------
Dwain Little -- Oregon. Raped/Stabbed 16-year-old girl. Life term 1966. Paroled 1974. Returned as Parole Violator 1975. Again Released 1977. Then shot family of 4. Three consecutive life terms for rape and murder 1980.
---------------------------------------
Scott Lehr -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Later released. After release, between Feb 91 and Feb 92 lured 10 different female victims, between the ages of 10 and 48-years-old, into his car. Raping and beating them unconscious, stripped and adandoned them in the desert. Three of his victims died in those acts.
---------------------------------------
Michael Murdaugh -- Convicted of capital murder. Sentenced to other than death. Later released. After release murdered David Reynolds. Beating him to death. When 'dumping' the body, Murdaugh severed Reynold's head and hands, pulled out his teeth, and buried the body parts.
---------------------------------------
Charles Daniels -- was convicted and sentenced to Life for the 1965 rape and murder of a Louisiana woman. Later having his sentence commuted, he was release. And he again killed another woman, 32-year-old Debbie Tatum.

These are just some of the people that have been on a life sentence then paroled or let out of prison and killed or raped again. This is why people should be put to death row. I am not saying that everybody should be put on death row just that there should be a death row.

*I am confused on the topic. It just says death row. Does that mean I am trying to prove that everybody should be put on death row or just that a death row should be in place?*
jackwilliams141

Con

You are listing people who were guilty and walked the streets. I agree with you in terms of the fact that their sentence wasn't harsh enough. I, however think that a life sentence would do it, instead of the death penalty. In my opinion, legal murder and killing makes us as bad as the people like Pol Pot(A Cambodian dictator who had a vision of ultimate world power, and rewriting history.)possibly even worse, because legal killing is twice as bad. I found a website of people who were killed by the death penalty,presumed innocent, and now we can never make amends to. Here is what the website is called:
http://listverse.com...
If you don't feel like going there, then here are the people killed.
10: Carlos de Luna, executed 1989
9: Larry Griffin, executed 1995
8: Ruben Cantu, executed 1993
7: David Spence, executed 1997
6: Jesse Tafero, executed 1990
5: Ellis Wayne Felker, executed 1996
4: Leo Jones, executed 1998
3: Cameron Todd Willingham, executed 2004
2: Joseph O'Dell, executed 1997
1: Lionel Herra, executed 1993

These people were murdered by our government in unspeakable acts of medieval barbarism. It is not deterring crime, and is viewed as our government murdering people they THINK are guilty. In short, the possibility that one man is innocent is enough to do away with the barbaric venegance that our government seems to want to use.
einstein22

Pro

VOTE CON!
his argument is better and i now see that
jackwilliams141

Con

I said I would forfeit this round to keep it even.
einstein22

Pro

einstein22 forfeited this round.
jackwilliams141

Con

In conclusion to my statement, the death penalty is wrong, and is tribal barbarism that may have been okay in the Stone Age, but with our evolved brains, there is a better way to deal with alleged criminals. The death penalty is a great way for people to hate America, but is a bad way to show our country as behind on new ideas for justice. Other countries now view America as a barbaric country way behind our time.
einstein22

Pro

einstein22 forfeited this round.
Posted by jackwilliams141 4 years ago
jackwilliams141
I will forfeit this round so we are even.
Posted by jackwilliams141 4 years ago
jackwilliams141
no no he is totally right : ) lol. Thanks to whoever wrote that! Plz vote on my yo mamma debate against emospongebob527
Posted by einstein22 4 years ago
einstein22
MY argument for round 3 was not mine. I got up from the computer do something and my idiot friend wrote that. PLEASE IGNORE MY THIRD ROUND ARGUMENT!
Posted by HeidiSharp0728 4 years ago
HeidiSharp0728
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people like Sadam Hussein dying painfully and slowly, hell, I would sign up for the job to slowly and painfully kill him!
Posted by jackwilliams141 4 years ago
jackwilliams141
ishallannoyyo, if you had read what i said in the debate, you would learn that i am against the death penalty, so therefore i am not violating the eighth amendment.
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
LOL, you want to make sure people like Sadam Hussein die painfully? Cruel and unusual punishment much?
Posted by jackwilliams141 4 years ago
jackwilliams141
So money is worth more than human life???
Posted by imnotsayingimjustsaying 4 years ago
imnotsayingimjustsaying
it costs on average $45,000 per prisoner a year

justsaying
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
jackwilliams141einstein22Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded.