Tong
eganbrooks100

Death is actually not a bad word, its terror comes from human's imagination

Tong

Pro

Death is not a bad word, it's a stage everyone will go through, many people are terrified and resisting to face death. Some may fear the process of dying, others may fear the end of his life. But all those are unnecessary.
What's the process of dying? Well it's a process of losing awareness forever, a seperation of spirt and pysical body. It's not a extreme painful experience like a mother gives birth to a child, sometimes awaring of the process can reduce the pain. When I was little, I was always afriad to take flu shoot, especially the feeling of needle pierces though skin and always worried what if the needle break and stay inside my arm. When I grew up and seriously thought about it, it feels weird but not that terrifing any more. Dying, the same thing, you will slowly lose your concsiouness and die.
Everyone's life will have an end, it won't miss even if you try not to think about it. Thinking about all those wonderful moments in your life, aren't you satisfied? If you are not, then try to finish all your wishes before you are dead, leave no regreat behind.
eganbrooks100

Con

Thankyou for this rather unusual debate.

Firstly I would like to point our some obvious flaws in your case. Your argument is subjective and lacks informational support. Your argument was about your personal views and story on this topic, is there any evidence to support that support your claims? Absolutely not in the argument you have given. If someone came up to you with a proposition that lacked evidence, why should you be influenced to believe their claims? This is exactly what the opposition has done in his argument. You also have noted some rather unjustifiable propositions which once again lack any evidence or support. Also, in the title of this debate, you have said "it's terror comes from human's imagination". However the word imagination is defined as "the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses". Based on the context, I have been led to believe that the word imagination is the human's imagination to think the word death is terror. But the definition says "the faculty or action of forming new ideas". It now seems that you trying to propose in the title that human's are not used to the word death and rather it is a new word. So now the opposition will have to concede that their title has irrelevant words which do not fit the context of the title.
And for my last point for the obvious fault's in your argument. In the title, it states "death is actually not a bad word, its terror comes from human's imagination". To me, you are trying to say that everyone is frightened of the word terror. However, some people are not afraid of death like Christians who believe in after-life in heaven, so even if they die, they will go to a good place.

Now to my main points. The word death can mean a lot of different things varying between different cultures, religions and moral beliefs. Some people view death differently than others and some are afraid while others are not. I cannot be specific with which cultures, religions and people are more afraid of the word death because it is an unusual topic with little statistical information to prove my points. However, we can use our common sense to try and understand my points and realise that the opposition has a weaker argument.

Before I send this debate, I would like to make one more point for the opposition to consider. You are trying to convince me and others that the word death is not a bad word and the terror comes the human's imagination. Are you trying to say that people should not be scared of the word death which basically represents death? Although some people may be suicidal and not want to live, the majority of others do and are in some way scared of the thought of dying. However, I am not trying to give specifics as there will be millions who aren't afraid of dying and the word death that aren't suicidal.
But the opposition has put forward an unjustifiable proposition with no supporting evidence or information, so I think on those conditions. The opposition will have to concede their definition mistakes in the title and their unreasonable proposition which has no evidence but the argument put forward is based on personal experience and not reliable information.
The opposition could have put forward an argument that is based on no evidence or information but if so, the opposition should not recount their personal story which is not reliable in terms of a justifiable proposition. In those terms, the debate should logically go to me but I will willingly to accept a response with more evidence or information which explains their argument.
Tong

Pro

Death is the termination of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about deathinclude biological aging (senescence), predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, homicide, starvation, dehydration, and accidents or trauma resulting in terminal injury.[1] Bodies of living organisms begin to decompose shortly after death. Death has commonly been considered a sad or unpleasant occasion, due to the termination of bonds with or affection for the being that has died, or having fear of death, necrophobia, anxiety, sorrow, grief, emotional pain, depression, sympathy, compassion, solitude, or saudade.
From https://en.wikipedia.org...

reincarnation -- an individual dying and then being reborn into another body
Even in cultures such as the United States and Western Europe that do not have a predominant belief in reincarnation, 20 to 30 percent of the population holds the belief(reincarnation).

From http://www.deathreference.com...

the action or process of forming such images or concepts.
From http://dictionary.reference.com...;

Accroding to the evidence above, it's clear that death is commonly considered as a unpleasant, for some terrible, occasion. In a lot of people's mind, death becomes more scary than it otherwise would be. Death is a task we will all face in our lives and people keep pushing it away because it's unpleasant and sad, but it keeps coming back, so it becomes more scary. If people seriously face the death, it still doesn't feels wonderful or anying, but it becomes ok. People will seriously treat everyday and live on today.

Thank you for sparing a second chance to a noobie. :)
eganbrooks100

Con

eganbrooks100 forfeited this round.
Tong

Pro

Tong forfeited this round.
eganbrooks100

Con

eganbrooks100 forfeited this round.
Tong

Pro

Tong forfeited this round.
eganbrooks100

Con

eganbrooks100 forfeited this round.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
"Death" isn't a word that is worse than "lollipops". Maybe a bit shorter, but no worse. And all meanings of words come from the imagination.

What kind of debate is this? CON shouldn't have accepted.
Posted by OkLetsGo 1 year ago
OkLetsGo
@bballcrook21, agreed.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
This is such a stupid debate.