Skept
PeachyPrince

Death is an afraid thing

PeachyPrince has forfeited round #3.

Skept

Pro

Death is an afraid thing because death raises pain to us and we are fearful of pain.
PeachyPrince

Con

Not everybody is afraid of death. Not everybody is afraid of pain, some people don't even feel pain.
Skept

Pro

If many people are afraid of something, the thing is called fearful. People scared of death and pain are much more than people who are not.
PeachyPrince

Con

most religions have a afterlife, sometimes referred to as "heaven" or "paradise", so most people that truly believe in a religion are not afraid of death because it is not the end of life to them it is the beginning of an eternity of peace.
Skept

Pro

'Most people that truly believe in religion' are much less than the other people since most believers tremble when they encounter situations to raise fear of death. For example, consider if a man with knife or gun threatens one of them.
Posted by Meshh 7 months ago
Meshh
I believe that death is, under most circumstances and according to the majority of the population, an "afraid thing" whatever that means. I"ll define "afraid thing" on my own I suppose. I believe the author was trying to say something along the lines of addressing the topic that many people are afraid of death. I can see arguments that may be posed on the opposing side such as; the lower percentage of people that aren"t afraid of death due to religion or experiences that have happened to them during their life that have led them to feel that way. Although I believe death is an "afraid thing" to most people I don"t identify it as that for myself I"m just taking what the majority of people might say about the topic of death.
Posted by boomminecraft8 7 months ago
boomminecraft8
Not really. There is psychology research just on fear management, which is related?
Posted by Throwback 7 months ago
Throwback
There are just too many illiterate people here trolling a debate site. How does anyone accept a debate challenge based on garbage like this?