conservativealive
TheMrkanyewest01

Death is superior to Birth

TheMrkanyewest01

conservativealive

Pro

I am new to DDO and I made this short debate to have a short argument on whether or not Death is Superior to birth.

I think death is superior to birth because when you die all of your problems and heartaches are behind you. There is no more fear, pain, suffering, or hardship.

When you die you are remembered for the good things you have done but when you are born you are expected to do great things and to already have done a great thing is better than being expected to a great thing.

Being born means the stress of life is being put on you but dying means it is lifted off.

I just want to see if anyone can refute these arguments.
Feel free to accept! No restrictions.
TheMrkanyewest01

Con

DEATH, death too many is a gruesome thing conjuring up images of the Grimm Reaper,skulls,decay etc. Death is usually viewed as an end and birth is viewed as a beginning. Once you are born there are many things to view,to hear to see and feel,Life is grand and magnificent, of course there is also heartache,pain, despair etc..Birth can be a relief to a pair of parents desperately trying to conceive a child,it can be a relief to the world,imagine if none of our leaders scientist, and important figures of history were never born it would be a sad world indeed. Yes, it can be tough at times, but with life, IN life you can experience feelings of hope, optimism and happiness to accompany feelings of dread and despair.
Now,I would like to rebut my opponents claims, the first, being, that when you die you are remembered for good things. My opponent must recognize that not all people are good, and not all people do good things, that is based entirely on the individual and whether he or she was good or bad. The second,would be that "the stress of life is being put on you but dying it is lifted off" I have to disagree,being that there are way better methods to alleviate your stress than dying. There is Yoga,Tai Chi, stress balls, exercise lots of things, we should be able to cope with life and face are hardships our fears our hardships or whatever it is that is keeping us from being happy we shouldn't wait for death to alleviate all these things for us.
In Conclusion, I would like to end this by saying that birth and as a result, life, is grand, I'm certainly glad to be alive right now and I think my opponent is too. I look forward to my opponents rebuttal.
Posted by lit.wakefield 4 years ago
lit.wakefield
This was a pitiful debate.
Posted by toolpot462 4 years ago
toolpot462
And why is non-stress superior to stress? One waxes while the other wanes. Is a trough superior to a crest?
Posted by TheMrkanyewest01 4 years ago
TheMrkanyewest01
Sorry,about that last part i didn't realize this was just a first round debate, well anyways vote CON
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
conservativealiveTheMrkanyewest01Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I can understand Pro.s point of View, but Con portrayed an excellent response, Well done.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
conservativealiveTheMrkanyewest01Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I found Con's arguments more convincing, but perhaps that is because I am the sort who sees a glass as half full, and would prefer to live a bit longer! Con points of there are better ways to stress relieve than suicide. Also, my experience is the greatness is highest while doing or having just done a great thing, not in anticipating it, or recounting it years later. Pro's arguments seemed rather pessimistic on the whole. To clarfiy, I do not fear death, but I have a healthy respect for it!