tinkercharms
SJM

Death penalty (worldwide)

Started: 7/3/2016 Category: News

tinkercharms

Pro

100% pro about death penalty, Pedophiles/Molesters and 1st degree murderers should totally be punished by death for the crime(s) they have committed, you want to Rape, or sexually take advantage of children,,,, or anyone really for that matter, or murder someone, you dont belong on this earth.
SJM

Con

Since my opponent has basically just asserted without anything to back it up, I assume this is an acceptance round and I accept.
tinkercharms

Pro

Threat of Death Penalty; Rate of Serious offences Decrease; If we threaten the death penalty more often and more open, and it is legal, more people wont commit homicide or rape, or any infractions like that. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF DEATH!?
it is punishment by society for a deserving criminal,

Innocent Executed - no Proof! Opponents claim lots of innocent man are wrongly executed. our judicial system takes extra precautions to be correct.
SJM

Con

My opponent makes the argument that putting the death penalty in place will deter people from committing crimes, but who"s to say that it will deter more people than encourage people? Yes, people do find the death penalty to be an escape and would much rather want to die than spend tortuous years in prison. Someone who is suicidal may use this method to make it seem as if it were not suicide. Therefore my opponent lacks evidence to make the point that it deters more people than encourage.

I didn"t make the innocent argument.
tinkercharms

Pro

Justice- Justice requires punishing the guilty, When a criminal does an act to fulfill his selfish motives resulting into personal gains then the equilibrium of justice in society is disturbed. To maintain this equilibrium the criminal should be punished with the same intensity of punishment no matter what. The death penalty is the only actually irrevocable penalty. If the criminal can dare to snatch away liberty, peace, lives from any individual then the justice says that he should also be deprived of all these facilities leading to a comfortable life it the society. It Provides Closure for Victims. A system in place for the purpose of granting justice cannot do so for the surviving victims, unless the murderer him/herself is put to death.
SJM

Con

My opponent"s whole argument is based on the assumption that humans are capable of understanding to what degree something should be punished, and if they are capable of getting the same effects the offender was put under. And since my opponent talks of equilibrium, my opponent would be assuming that he could make exact equal judgements which is not possible. There many factors to include in order to give the exact judgement, like how the offender felt, what he was thinking, and so on. Therefore it"s impractical to be able to give just punishments. It"s a horrible view to think that killing someone for a way to feel comfortable is justified. This justifies letting people kill anyone else who makes anyone uncomfortable as well.