NarutoUzamaki
emilydebate

Death penalty

NarutoUzamaki

NarutoUzamaki

Pro

The death penalty shall still stay it helps with crime. My argument can be stated later on right now it is you who will state your argument
emilydebate

Con

What do you mean it helps, in what way? Who is it helping when someone is dead?
NarutoUzamaki

Pro

The death penalty has a purpose. People who have killed many and even thousands cant be sentence to death?
Death penalty should exist because when someone commits a crime that's so violent the end result can cause hundreds to die. If there is no death penalty then the maniac will still kill more people. Death penalty is used to get rid of bad people so bad that hundreds die. If you think the Death penalty is bad because it kills people you must not know what the purpose of it is. The death penalty is a way to put fear into the criminal and to put fear into others. Crime has decreased and the death penalty still lives. Several tests have shown that the death penalty is an effective deterrent of future crimes. Do people who commit heinous crimes, such as the bombers, really have human rights. To say that we are lowering ourselves to that level is wrong. Killing over 200 innocent lives.

We have to look as well at the possibilities of these criminals committing crimes again. In Australia murder, on average, is imprisonment for 12 years. This means many murders are set free, able to commit further crimes.
Benefits of death penalty

- decreases jail over population
- puts fear into other criminals and shows a purpose
- It avenges innocent lives
- It decreases crime.

Without the death penalty

-Over population of crime in jail
- More criminals roam around
- citizen would be feared. Probably could cause strikes on government,
- Crime rate goes up
It is on to you now
emilydebate

Con

First let me say this, I honestly think it depends on the crime. Although today, the death penalty is not the same as it used to be. It used to be in front of the public eye, it pulled more emotion. Today, it is behind a closed door. Which in turn does not put as much fear in other criminals. I think an alternative to the death penalty is life in prison. It keeps them off the streets but still gives them the opportunity to live a full life. Also could you site the examples you stated such as "killing over 200 lives."
NarutoUzamaki

Pro

Today, it is behind a closed door. Which in turn does not put as much fear in other criminals. I think an alternative to the death penalty is life in prison. It keeps them off the streets but still gives them the opportunity to live a full life

My opponent misunderstood my argument. If you don't kill the criminal and send them to prison they can still keep committing the crime. Someone who has killed many people should go outside roaming the streets. Living there full life would case more mischief and it also can decrease over population in jail
emilydebate

Con

First, let me point out you did not put punctuation on two of your sentences. Second, "Someone who has killed many people should go outside outside roaming the streets". That is proving my point not yours. You also misunderstood me, I do not think they should put all criminals back onto the streets, although I think a full life in prison is fair. It just depends on the crime, which you did not specify what crime you were talking about in Round 2. Since it is very vague, I am not sure what you are talking about.
Posted by NarutoUzamaki 2 years ago
NarutoUzamaki
who do you think is winning
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
You guys should get facts before you debate this.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
NarutoUzamakiemilydebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate failed to deliver any good arguments with sourced information on a very important issue. Pro made arguments, even though multiple of them are demonstrably false which Con could have shown. As Con however did not do this, Pro must get argument points. With respect to S&G, Con must get them as Pro had appalling grammar. No sources cited as mentioned earlier, so no points awarded. Conduct is tied.
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Gohan12345
NarutoUzamakiemilydebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think pro made a typo in his sentences and I wont blame him it happens to me. Con gave a short argument and con also did not refute the statements correctly nice impression on your first debate pro even if you are still new
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
NarutoUzamakiemilydebateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not respond to most of Pro's arguments.