Death shouldn't be taken as hard as it is in our society.

I am of the belief that death is just simply a part of human existence. I don't understand why people take large amounts of time mourning the loss of a loved one or fearing about their own death especially when its them dying when they've lived a long life. I also don't understand why people get so worked up about assisted suicide, It ends the pain and suffering they may be going through. And lastly to the people who will say that "I don't know what its like" and stuff well I've had many many family members die and I've always felt that way. I was upset of course but I never let it loom over me. I dunno what do you think?

At first, I agreed with you. Yes, dying is a part of human life and it happens. The fact is, that it's still scary. People like living! That is why they worked so hard to stay alive to they old age they are. They had fun in their lives, they had love, they had pain, they traveled or stayed home. They had beautiful lives, and they don't want to die. Do you?

Now for the assisted suicide matter. This is wrong. Yes, I agree life is hard and it involves pain and suffering, but is suicide the answer? There are many ways to avoid this predicament, yet people ignore the options. Revelation 9:6 says this, "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." God understands that the life we have is going to involve suffering, and we will want to end it. Death in a way also understands this, it wants us to go with him when we are ready, not when we feel down and depressed.

You say you've lost many family members; I would like to say that I am truly sorry for you're family's losses.
I have also lost many of family members, some more important than the rest. I'm also an emotional person. When someone I love dies, I become a mess. Tears everywhere and makeup cascading down my face. I cry for a solid 3 days at the most, but then I'm done. Then I just become sullen. But that is how my whole family is. We are all deeply saddened by the death of a loved one. We mope around for a few weeks after the funeral and slowly get back to our lives. And this is just for a random family member. What if someone had lost a parent? Or a sibling? Or a child? I'd say that that is a pretty big loss and it'd be okay to mope around for more than a few weeks. Or months even. That person could have been the love of their life. Their first child. Their favorite sibling, that they actually got along with. Would you say that they should just be upset and then move on with their life?

Your turn.

Of course many people don't wanna die, i'm not asking them too. But I feel it's unhealthy to worry about such a thing. It's just a waste of time and it should be something you deal with when you actually die. People shouldn't dwell on something that's inevitable.

Alright and for assisted suicide... When I was talking about it I didn't mean people that had a chance to recover, I meant people that were in pain and were gonna die anyways. Or maybe they were born defective and all they feel or ever will feel is pain and confusion. I don't think people should have to go through the closest thing to hell on earth and I feel like the only kind thing to do at that point is let them go.

And finally for close ones (and I mean like really close ones) I do understand why someone would be upset over it, I completely do. But once again its just not good for you. I feel like you need to accept that they're gone now and realize that what they would want for you is to move on and go about your life. I wouldn't want my family and friends to be upset if they found out I was dead so I will do the same for them.

I agree that it is unhealthy to worry about such things, but like death, worrying is a party of life. It is not a waste of time though. Most people don't dwell on the topic until someone else dies or they have a life changing experience.

Assisted suicide still isn't right. Doctors are supposed to help people, not kill them. Being born with a defect is hard. But does that mean you have to die? IS THAT YOUR ONLY OPTION? There are many experimental treatments out there that the doctor has surly mentioned. Now if the person is on constant life support and the FAMILY decides to pull the plug to end their suffering, I can see that as okay. But if the family is not involved in the decision, it's not alright. Would you want a family member to pull the plug on himself without notifying the family? How would you deal with that? By letting the family decide when to pull the plug, it gives them time to realize that their family member is better off. It gives them time to grieve.

You keep saying that dwelling on things isn't good for you. So, dwelling on which college to go to, or dwelling on what medications to take, or dwelling on deciding a prom dress isn't good for you either?

For close family, it takes longer for people to realize that the relative is better off. They thought that they were best here on earth, with family and friends. They had a close relationship with them, and it's hard to see them leave. Eventually, yes the deceased would want you to move on, but don't you think they'd also want you to grieve them a little? To miss them some? If not, does that mean that they had nothing in life? That their relationship was meaningless?

Vict0rian forfeited this round.

Death is hard. It's painful and saddening. You said it shouldn't be taken as hard as it is, but I believe it should be. People whom others have loved are leaving, and that hurts. When someone leaves, you grieve. That's what you do.
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
>Reported vote: rusty-q// Mod action: Removed<

6 points to Con (Conduct, Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Human lives are very important

[*Reason for removal*]Not an RFD, just a statement of the voter's own views without any evaluation of the debate.
Posted by corporealbeing 4 months ago
I don't think anything is wrong with assisted suicide. People get too worked up about it.
Posted by mangolife23 4 months ago
This makes sense.