the_ultimate_creation
Reeseroni

Deathbattles suck and is overrated

Reeseroni

the_ultimate_creation

Pro

Death battle from screw attack sucks and is overrated, I dare someone to tell me other wise
Reeseroni

Con

Pro proposes that Death Battles "suck", especially the one from screw attack.

He also suggests that they are overrated. First and foremost, death battles are not overrated, and build up intense suspense and drama within the veiwer, that they simply can not stop watching them. Proposing that they are overrated suggests that people make them out to be more than they really are. Pro provides no proof whatsoever that anyone besides himself believes that it is overrated.

"..., I dare someone to tell me other wise"

He then dares someone to tell him otherwise.

My Rebuttal: Death Battles do not suck, and the one from screw attack is phenomenal.

Therefore, I have negated Pro's argument and have upheld the BoP. Pro's argument is that he wishes someone to tell him otherwise. This means that me telling him otherwise has negated his argument and won the debate for me.

Vote Con.
the_ultimate_creation

Pro

How exactly did you win? Did you think I ment literally? Dude don't take things like this literally, that one rebuttal wont save you.
How am I negating arguments? Please tell me, I dared someone to tell me otherwise on why it doesn't suck

Lets keep it simple,
Why Screw Attack/ DeathBattle Sucks (Mini Rant)
Screw Attack is basically a fan made fight to please fanboys, it stops never ending wars that have been fled over the internet, and ..... they fail miserably, I still watch it tho, but it sucks to be honest. Don't you agree?
There animation is garbage, the only animation that is ever good is when its 3D like animation, the 2D animation is garbage, its sad how they remove sprites from video games and use em in battle, which often makes them look fake as hell, seriously, characters with low durability are getting punched as if it was nothing.

The outcomes are inaccurate
And when I mean outcome I don't mean ' Oh batman lost so they suck'
No.....
Take Goku vs Superman, pretty inaccurate seeing how they messed up on Goku's stats. The two wouldn't even kill, they would get to know each power. And screw attack goes by feats and non canon judgement. let me tell you why feats don't work
-. It can't be used to predict out come of a battle
Idiot A: 'Saint Seiya has destroyed galaxies so he solos Naruto verse'
I'm not saying Naruto can beat Saint Seiya, but using that garbage logic, Beerus can one shot anyone, nobody pays attention to how the attack will be executed, or how the other character will lose. You guys are acting like the characters are computers programmed by feats. By that logic any character who has done a feat and the other strong beings that have not are weaker than the one who did the feat
- Not everyone is a computer
-, It accuses the DBZ fanbase of being the worse of all fanbases when its not, deadpool mentioning butthurt dbz fans made me facepalm
Trust me there are worse fanbases than DBZ

Screw Attack Sucks
Reeseroni

Con

Thank you for your response :)

Firstly, I want to adress my previous rebuttal. I did not know that you intended the actual "death battles" from the screw attack website. I thought that this was a kind of death battle in general. Please don't judge me for making such a poor mistake.

Anyways, lets see.

1. "How exactly did you win? Did you think I ment literally? Dude don't take things like this literally,...."
Uh, well this is a very literal site, and while in an arument, it is best to take your opponent seriously, unless the debate is strictly philosophical or a joke. I thought that you were sincere in your opening argument, so I took you literally! I think that this was a completely fair judgement.

2. "How am I negating arguments? Please tell me, I dared someone to tell me otherwise on why it doesn't suck"
You are not the one negating arguments, I am. Your opening arguments suggested that the death battles on screw attack are overrated, and you were looking for someone to tell you otherwise. That is exactly what I did, I told you that they do not suck, and they are impressive. This was a literal interpretation of your argument, and if I misinterpreted it, it is not my fault, it is yours. Also, you did not dare someone to tell you "why" it doesn't suck, you just dared them to that it doesn't suck. If I did not give you the rebuttal you wanted, maybe you should take more time to construct your arguments, rather than toss together a single, vague sentence and expect your opponent to understand your hidden, underlying messages.

3. Pro's basis for his unliking of the death battles on screw attack.
Pro says that one of the reasons that he thinks that these death battles suck is because the animation is garbage. These videos are probably not made in more than a few hours. The creators are not worried about the animation of their videos, but the content. From my research I did not find many other people who have such videos, which means that even thought they do not provide the best animations you should take what you get. You also suggest that the characters look fake. Again, the people who create these videos probably do it for enjoyment, and chances are they aren't planning on spending boat-loads of money just to make sprites look realistic. They look fine the way they portray them to be honest. Another point that Pro makes is that the outcomes are inncaurate because of how they are portrayed. The people who create these videos are not trying to please their audience by just giving them what they want, but by doing their best to portray the characters how they would act in a fight. It can be difficult to integrate characters from completely different shows into one battle, so it is not fair to expect a perfect portrayal from someone like them. They do their best, and it is not supportive to suggest that it sucks. Another point you make is that it is hard to predict what would happen in a real battle. Well.... thats what they are trying to do. They are putting the characters into a fight together, and attempting to fictionalize what could happen if they fought each other. It is your opinion wether they are accurate or not, it is not a fact.

4. Analysis
Pro tries to provide reasons on why the death battles from screw attack suck, which are mostly based on his opinion. It is irrational to debate that his opinion is better than mine just because he doesn't like the animations and other minor details of the videos. It is also not fair to judge the videos strictly on their animations, because they provide great detail as well as animating their fights.

Pro's arguments are not based on fact, but strictly his visual opinion. When you look at the videos and judge them from a rational standpoint, Pro's expectations are very high in relation to what these people may be capable of.

the_ultimate_creation

Pro

'Uh, well this is a very literal site, and while in an arument, it is best to take your opponent seriously, '

You should have known what I meant when I said dare me to tell otherwise, if I wanted you to take that literally I would have only put 1 round

'Pro's basis for his unliking of the death battles on screw attack'

Yet its taken off of video games and sprites..... the only time its actually good is when its in 3D or remastered 2D aniamtion is garbage when it comes to them

http://www.cjcent.com...

Even this animations better than their 3D crap

One Minute Melee already shows how bad of animators they are

Pro tries to provide reasons on why the death battles from screw attack suck, which are mostly based on his opinion. It is irrational to debate that his opinion is better than mine just because he doesn't like the animations and other minor details of the videos. It is also not fair to judge the videos strictly on their animations, because they provide great detail as well as animating their fights

Did you listen to my other reasons? You know I didnt only talk about animation

1. It cant be used to predict the outcome of a battle IS A DEFINATE FACT weather you like it or not

2. It gave DBZ fanbase a bad name.

3. OUT COMES are inaccurate, most of those characters wnt go bloodlust at all, anything can happen, seriously people program fictional characters like their computers

Whats wrong with having some opinions in debates?
Reeseroni

Con

Once again, thank you for your arguments.

Pro is still hung up on the fact that I took him literally in his opening argument.

1. "You should have known what I meant when I said dare me to tell otherwise, if I wanted you to take that literally I would have only put 1 round"
Just because you make an argument one round does not mean that you want someone to take you literally! That doesn't make sense at all! I am a very literal person, and I precieve things the way that I see and hear them. I don't try to uncover hidden meanings of arguments and such, I just look at the facts! You cannot blame this on me, because it is my personality, and I do not have to change it based on my opponents personality. Thats just plain silly. If you don't want someone to mis-precieve what you say, I encourage you to take more time to structure your arguments.

2. Pro skips right over my second point, suggesting that he does not have any proof that it is my fault that I took a literal interpretation of what he said. I have won this part of the argument do to his lack of further arguments.

3. "Pro's basis for his unliking of the death battles on screw attack."
Pro furthermore suggests that the animation is only good when its in 3D or remastered 2D. He then suggests that a fighting scene between 2D characters is better than their animation.

But wait, you just contradicted yourself. Pro says that he thinks the animation is good, but only when it is in 2D or 3D, but then says that a simple 2D animation is better than theirs. Basically, he says that the animation is good, but other animation that is just like it-- is better. This is contradiction from the standpoint that he does not like their animation, and he believes that it is bad-- but then says that it really is good!, just not all of the time.

He also suggests that I do not consider his other reasons, but in truth, I did.

1. (His point)" It cant be used to predict the outcome of a battle IS A DEFINATE FACT weather you like it or not"

(My argument)"Another point you make is that it is hard to predict what would happen in a real battle. Well.... thats what they are trying to do. They are putting the characters into a fight together, and attempting to fictionalize what could happen if they fought each other. It is your opinion wether they are accurate or not, it is not a fact. "

2. I did not include his point about giving DBZ fanbase a bad name, because he failed to provide a link to his proof, rather than just a suggestion that the fanbase was given a bad name. What is DBZ? What did the death battles do to give it a bad name? Pro does not explain or prove anyhting pertaining to "DBZ".

3. (His point):OUT COMES are inaccurate, most of those characters wnt go bloodlust at all, anything can happen, seriously people program fictional characters like their computers. :

One final rebuttal

4. "Whats wrong with having some opinions in debates?"
Well, you see... nothing.
Debate: a formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

As long as your argument is well constructed you're fine. When your whole argument seems to be based on opinion, and no fact, who's to say that you haven't taken things out of context and twisted them into your opinion? I'm not suggesting that this is what you did, but it is not a legitimate reason to say that an animated battle is not reliable because you do not like their animation style and skills. That was the point I was trying to make.

Vote Con! :)

You know you want to..
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
gabep: "FNAF sucks, tell me otherwise"

My response: Bring it on!
Posted by the_ultimate_creation 1 year ago
the_ultimate_creation
It does suck
Posted by gabep 1 year ago
gabep
Five Nights at Freddy's sucks and is overrated, I dare someone to tell me otherwise.
Vote Placed by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
the_ultimate_creationReeseroniTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con beats Pro in every single way. Easy pick.