Hayd
tejretics

Debate: Nuclear energy is desirable

Challenge Expired or Declined
tejretics either declined this challenge, or never responded to it. If you are Hayd, login to see your options.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 5 days ago Status: Challenge Declined

Hayd

Con

Resolution: In the US, nuclear power is a desirable form of energy production

I am undecided on this issue, mainly because I know nothing about it. So I'm gonna do a debate on it, apply in the comments if you are interested and I'll challenge the person I decide on.

Nuclear energy is simple: just the process of producing energy from nuclear reactions in a nuclear power plant. This would be used to supply people with energy, such as electricity. Currently, main sources of energy come from coal, natural gas, solar panels, wind turbines, oil, and such. The most used sources of energy: natural gas and oil are harmful to the environment and thus alternative and clean sources of energy are being sought out to be used to produce energy instead. One of the sources being proposed is nuclear energy; among solar, wind, and some ocean turbine stuff. This debate seeks to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using nuclear power as a source for energy. Desirability thus refers to whether the advantages or the disadvantages outweigh each other.

The structure of the debate is Pro doing opening arguments in R1, and waiving the R4 response. No new arguments are allowed in each debaters final round.
Posted by tejretics 4 days ago
tejretics
Sorry, not in a mood to do this topic anymore :/
Posted by Hayd 5 days ago
Hayd
this is going to be epic
Posted by Dujec 6 days ago
Dujec
I seriously have insider knowledge and am crazy pro on this. From what I've read tej is great. The facts/science back pro so I'll look forward to it.
Posted by rzentmayer 6 days ago
rzentmayer
This may be a little late, but I am also an LD debater and have addressed this resolution in depth. I'm familiar with that format and have sufficient experience in the topic. I only joined this site days ago so my profile doesn't show this.
Posted by Hayd 1 week ago
Hayd
I'll challenge tej after I finish the debate with Zaradi

I'll debate you on something else EFDebator01
Posted by EFDebator01 1 week ago
EFDebator01
I am very interested in this topic. I have done a lot of research on this. I don't know what you mean on the style of debating, though. I only no free debate and LD style debate. In LD we have a value, criterion, contentions, and definitions.
Posted by tejretics 1 week ago
tejretics
I might actually be willing to do this.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 week ago
Tree_of_Death
I'm interested in debating this.
Posted by Vaarka 1 week ago
Vaarka
Lol, I know how to debate, I just haven't had a "serious" one in a while, but if you don't want to debate me, then whatever. Have fun :3
Posted by sboss18 1 week ago
sboss18
You gonna open this up to anyone?