LR4N6FTW4EVA
Seltz

Debate, Topic of

LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

My opponent will choose one of these three topics. I am PRO, he is CON. If he wants, he can post his argument with his choice, or he can let me do it in R2.

1. Cannibalism of non-diseased human carcasses is a superior alternative to cremation or burial.
2. The world would be better off with corporate governments. (If you don't know what I mean by that, I'll explain in my R2 post.)
3.Agriculture was a BIG mistake--that is, man should never have made the change from hunting and gathering to farming.
Seltz

Con

I'll try this debate on for size.

My topic of choice is Choice #3 - Agriculture was a BIG mistake--that is, man should never have made the change from hunting and gathering to farming.

I am CON in this debate, and I will allow PRO to post the first argument.

It's not a cop out, this is simply my first real debate on this site, and I think I should post second just to make sure I've got a feel for how online debate works. I've perused a few debates so far (looks like Lwerd and Logical-Master are debating beasts!) so I think I've got the jist of it, but we'll see.

Thanks for starting this debate, PRO!
LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

It's fine that you want me to go first, whatever.

My argument will follow somewhat along the lines of the one by Jared Diamond.

Agriculture arose pretty much because hunter gatherer societies were growing in population and wanted to feed more people. The alternate solution that I argue they should have taken is to simply have not made more babies. This would have been very beneficial. Hunter gatherers work less, about 3 hours a day on average(1). They also are healthier, as forensic analysis of their bones has shown. Also, height is indicative of nutrition. The average human height before agriculture was about a foot taller than the height after agriculture. The height of agricultural people did not pick up for a few thousand years, and still is slightly shorter than HG's, even in rich developed countries. Third, any modern problem one could think of, global warming, war, pollution, poverty, social inequality, persistent crime, et cetera arose from agriculture. If we were still hunter-gatherers, we would not have coal plants and oil cars that emit CO2, war would be much less deadly, and much less frequent. Pollution, also would not occur without our industrial factories. Poverty would not exist because HG's worked with each other and shared food. HG's were also very egalitarian, and had little sexism or social classes. Crime only happens on a large scale when there are large populations, 60000 years ago, when everyone was an HG, there were only 10000 people.

1.http://www.environnement.ens.fr...
Read it, it's pretty short and it's interesting.
The world problems points I made are pretty much common knowledge, we all know that what I said is true, but I can find a source if you need me to.
Seltz

Con

Seltz forfeited this round.
LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

My opponent failed to respond. I hope that he will be here for next round.
Seltz

Con

Seltz forfeited this round.
LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

Seltz

Con

Seltz forfeited this round.
LR4N6FTW4EVA

Pro

Yeah he forfeited again, oh well. I was hoping for a lively debate on the topic.

If anyone else is interested in debating this, just message me.
Seltz

Con

Seltz forfeited this round.
Posted by Seltz 9 years ago
Seltz
lol @ PRO's icon btw

priceless
Vote Placed by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
LR4N6FTW4EVASeltzTied