Debate anything?

I want to debate anything! You can pick the topic and I'll be pro.
Round 1 is for acceptance.

I accept to debate the following topic:

"Resolved: Morgan Freeman is mortal."

Good luck, pro!

1. subject to death; having a transitory life
2. of or relating to human beings as subject to death; human

I"m arguing that Morgan Freeman is mortal because:
1. All humans are mortal. We know this because an immortal human has never been observed. The oldest that a person has lived to be is 134.

2. How do we know Morgan Freeman is a human? The human anatomy is made up of a specific set of skeletal/muscular/nervous/etc. systems. And, as far as we can observe, Morgan Freeman shares this anatomy.

3. Morgan Freeman was born on June 1st, 1937 (i.e. his "beginning"), and everything that has a beginning also has an end.

Therefore, Morgan Freeman is mortal.

Thank you for that last round. I'm not going to present my arguments.

1) Morgan Freeman is God.

Now, Morgan Freeman does have a birthday, but keep in mind, Jesus does too. So whatever you think is the correct argument for the incarnation of God, that's what I said.

2) Morgan Freeman narrates reality.

Can mortals dictate reality? No, of course not. That would be ridiculous. Can Morgan Freeman narrate reality? Absolutely [1].

So let me put this into a syllogism.

P1: Mortals cannot dictate reality.
P2: Morgan Freeman does dictate reality.
C: Morgan Freeman is not mortal.

1) & 2) My opponent describes human characteristics but cannot apply them to Morgan Freeman. Of course Morgan Freeman looks human. He wouldn't be accepted for who he was if he looked like a lizard

Therefore, my opponent has not substantiated that Morgan Freeman actually is a human.

3) Jellyfish.

My opponent claims that everything that has a beginning also has an end. This is not true. The medusa of Turritopsis dohrnii is a jellyfish that is literally immortal. Before, dying, it simply turns back into a baby and regrows into an adult.

Therefore, this generalization is false, and we can still say that Morgan Freeman is immortal. Thank you for reading.

[1] The video

1. My opponent has argued that Morgan Freeman is God.
However, I do not believe in God and my opponent has not proved or argued that a god even exists. If you want to convince me that Morgan Freeman is God, prove to me that a big, omnipotent, supernatural, and invisible being can exist.

2. My opponent has also stated that Morgan Freeman can dictate reality, but has given no proof of this.
Though amusing, the video that you have shared is not credible, and I want to see proof that what the video has claimed is true.
I'm not convinced by the video because I could just as easily say that the planet Jupiter dictates reality. But, I could not back up such a claim by making a video that repeats again and again that Jupiter dictates reality (nor should I expect you to believe such a statement) without cold hard evidence - which is, essentially, what you have asked me to do.

3. I disagree that if Morgan Freeman looked like a lizard we would not accept him.
Please consider the Buddhist god Ganesha. This deity is accepted as a god in the Buddhist religion, despite the fact that it has the head of an elephant (1).

All hail, Lord Ganesha.

4. Turritopsis dohrnii
Concerning the immortal jellyfish, your point is well-taken and accepted as true.

The conclusion remains that Morgan Freeman is mortal.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to the next round!

Thank you for that last round.

R1) Shifting the burden of proof.

My opponent is attempting to shift the burden of proof on me. I'm the one that is affirming the norm. In order for him to be right, he must disprove the norm, that Morgan Freeman is God.

To further prove my point, in case that's not satisfactory, Jim Carrey has confirmed this fact. Morgan Freeman once gave Jim Carrey his powers as God (which later inspired the movie Bruce Almighty. Jim Carrey then became the star in The Truman Show, which is like the only non-comedy movie Jim Carrey has ever been in. That can only happen by a miracle.

Even further, I have his card:

R2) Prediction.

I am the Prophet of the Great Morgan Freeman. [1]

As such, I'm going to make a prediction given to me by the Great Morgan Freeman. My opponent will not forfeit the next round. If he does not forfeit, then I was right, and we know that Morgan Freeman's word dictates reality. If he does forfeit, then of course, he concedes the rest of this round by debate rules.

R3) My opponent gives the perfect exmaple to prove my point.

My opponent brings up Buddhism as his example for a religion that accepts a nonhuman god. However, Buddhism makes up for like 7% of the world. [2]

<a href=; />

However, religions that believe in a God that appears human make up the solid majority of the religious population.

So if Morgan Freeman wanted to be effective, Lizard Freema could not happen. It had to be human Morgan Freeman.

R4) Thanks

Conceded, so not all things that have a beginning have an end, leaving the door open to immortality.

[1] Jonbonbon's Encyclopedia of High Prophets

CaptainMorkunas forfeited this round.

Thank you for reading.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Well the point he's making is that God can look like an animal and be accepted because I claimed it wouldn't work.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
"This deity is accepted as a god in the Buddhist religion, despite the fact that it has the head of an elephant" Egyptian gods are also animals, so I don't see the point.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
It's what I'm here for :P

Posted by CaptainMorkunas 1 year ago
Ugh you're right. I'm sorry. I'm taking this way too seriously. I just don't know how to argue any other way than through serious logic. :P

I don't have time now but I'll respond tomorrow. Thanks:)
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
That's just an example though. I actually have a good counter to that (which I came up after I posted it) so be careful how you use that argument :P
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
It's not impossible to refute my points if you stop being such a worshipper of logic and joke around a little :P
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Lol are you mad?

Learn to lighten up. It's all a joke. Give it back to me.

Here's one easy argument: Liam Neeson has also portrayed the God of two different religions (Christianity when he played Aslan, and Zeus for the Greeks). Since Morgan Freeman only ever plays the Christian God, Liam Neeson trumps him, and in Christianity there can be only one God. So Morgan Freeman is a fraud, and Jim Carrey is his conspirator.
Posted by CaptainMorkunas 1 year ago
To refute anything you have said is impossible. You have given me nothing to work with and absolutely no credible sources. I acknowledge that I have made a fallacy, but you have too. YOU have made the anecdotal fallacy, which is "using a personal experience or an isolated example instead of sound reasoning or compelling evidence."
Nothing you stated in that last round was an argument. It was, instead, a bunch of personal experiences that I cannot disprove, and you cannot prove.
And while only 7% of the world's population is Buddhist, I can only find proof that only you and Morgan Freeman believe he is God; and 7% is a heck of a lot more than 2 people.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
To quote a wise man:

"You have no idea how hard this is gonna get for you."

~My boyfriend
Posted by CaptainMorkunas 1 year ago
This was so hard haha.