Inamah
SarahDebater

Debate on science and religion / There is science contained in Holy books

Inamah

Pro

I am a Muslim Debating for science being in Holy books like the Quran. I have researched Verses that are apparently scientific and came to find it quite interesting and believable. What is you view?
SarahDebater

Con

I debate my investigator while striving to be respectful and keeping my mind open. But I think holy books do not contain science. All of it was done by God's power. Evolution describes the world's creation with hours as we know it today. The Bible says in most of Genesis Chapter 1, 'God said, "Let there be light," and so light came. He also describes several other things science could not do. So science is NOT contained in Holy books.
Inamah

Pro

Inamah forfeited this round.
SarahDebater

Con

Science does create beauty, but God makes the most of it. In the first few chapters of Genesis, it explains God creating man and woman by dirt and a rib. Science cannot do that. Then it says Satan was the most crafty serpent. Science can create good crafts, but not so crafty.
Inamah

Pro

Inamah forfeited this round.
SarahDebater

Con

SarahDebater forfeited this round.
Posted by TheMarquis 2 years ago
TheMarquis
I find that the holy books do occasionally get things right. There are a few reasons behind this: nobody is always wrong, there is so much information that some of it has to be true just by statistics, and because this was the science of the day. These were viewed as the science textbooks at the time. But the issue is that people still do. Science is about keeping an open mind and always moving ahead in gaining new knowledge. One cannot do that with outdated textbooks.

And aloysious, I have found the Qu'ran to be more in line with reality than the bible. I follow neither, but for one example the Qu'ran states that the sperm of the father determines the gender. This is true. The woman has only X chromosomes while the man has one of each. His DNA determines which way it goes. There is also a lot in the Qu'ran about clean water. Christian Europe had disgusting water, even the holy water was bacteria ridden. The Middle East had less water and took more of a priority to keeping it drinkable.
Posted by aloysious 2 years ago
aloysious
I know there's scientific facts in The Bible; but, I haven't found any in the Qur'an yet.
I'm looking forward to this one.