Challenge Period
Open Debate

Debate.Org User Information Bulletin (Official)

Open Debate
This debate challenge is open to the first member that accepts it.
Challenge Expires In
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 3 days ago Status: Challenge Period

This debate, formerly known as the "Debate.Org Presidential Bulletin," is part of an effort I am making to reach out to more areas of the site and to update more users about site programs. I recognize many members may not frequently visit the forums, and so I conceived of this debate as an alternate way to disseminate information out into the larger DDO community.

I will post information about several programs that users can avail themselves of in this debate, as well as other, miscellaneous resources. I will sporadically update or bump this bulletin to keep users informed; if you have specific questions about any information included here, please post in the comments or PM me.

New Members Read Me Thread

This forum thread has a variety of information about the site that is useful to new members. It is strongly recommended that you read this thread to orient you to the site, to give you some names of users that can help you with various things, and to introduce yourself to the community.

This thread can be found here: []

New Member Debate Mentorship Program

You don't have to be a new member to use this program; it is a program designed for any inexperienced debaters. It will pair you up with a mentor who has experience in online debating, and who will walk you through a debate.

To find out more about the program, see here: []

Official Guide to Debating on DDO

This guide will walk you through the basics of online debating. It discusses debate techniques, how to set up a debate, how to tweak your arguments for the online format, and more. It was compiled and edited by a variety of highly experienced debaters on the site.

You can find the guide here: []

Open Debate Topics Project

This is a community-driven effort to collect, vet, and disseminate potential debate topics and resolutions that are not run-of-the-mill. You can suggest topics for inclusion on this list, or use the topics yourself to start your own debates. Hopefully this list helps you find some interesting ideas for resolutions to debate.

You can read more about the project here: []

Regular Voting Standards

Moderation uses certain standards to moderate votes on DDO. The current standards can be found at the link below. This way, you can see exactly to what threshold your votes are being held. I have also taken the liberty of including some links to "how to vote" guides; these guides are not official, but they are widely cited or used on the site, and may help improve your voting.

The official standards used by the moderators can be found here: []. For the other, unofficial guides, see here: [] and here: [].

The Opt-in Voting Standards

The opt-in voting standards are a set of standards for moderators to apply to your debates which you and your opponent can opt into. This means that these standards, as opposed to the regular standards used by moderators, are optional. These standards are stricter than the ones moderators usually use, and so they ensure the highest quality votes on your debates. To use these standards on a debate, you must do several things: (a) the link to the standards must be posted in round one of the debate so that you can your voters can find them, (b) you must clearly disclaim in round one that these standards are the ones being enforced on a particular debate, and (c) your opponent must agree to the use of these standards (either explicitly or because you have made the statement, in round one, that "by accepting the debate, my opponent accepts the use of the opt-in standards on this debate").

For more about the standards, see here [], and for the standards themselves, see here []

Tournaments on the Site

There is an official site policy regarding debate tournaments. Every 3 months, Airmax1227, the head moderator, and myself select and vet a host who then runs an official, regular tournament. Every month, we do the same for official beginners' tournaments. In addition to these official tournaments, any user who wishes can run an unofficial tournament themselves by adding their name to the tournament sign-up sheet. When it is their turn, the user can then post their tournament. To join an official tournament, check the "" subforum for the seasonal or monthly sign-ups; to request to host one, contact myself or Airmax1227. To join an unofficial tournament, occasionally check the subform, where sign-ups will be sporadically posted, or talk to a soon-to-be unofficial tournament host.

The sign-up sheet can be accessed here [] and more about the tournament policy can be found here [].

Unvoted Debates Thread

If you have an unvoted debate, you can advertise it in a thread on the main forum. The appropriate thread for this is stickied and clearly visible to voters.

You can find this thread here: []

Beginners' Mafia

Mafia is a game played on the forums of DDO between an uninformed majority and an informed minority. It's based off an IRL game known by the same name, or in other outlets as Town of Salem. It's interesting, and in many ways players are detectives piecing together a puzzel using hard evidence, psychology, and guesswork, as well as actors trying not to get caught. It requires wits, and is a good way to get involved in the site's forum section and to meet other members of the community.

To join a beginners' series, which is a two-game series that teaches you how to play, contact Sapphique, the series' moderator: []

Site Moderation

If you ever have need to contact a site moderator, whether it be to report poor conduct or to get your account manually verified, I have included here a list of moderators with their respective jurisdictions. Hopefully this is useful for you.

Chief Moderator - Airmax1227
Assistant Moderator - Whiteflame
Junior Moderator for Voting - Blade-of-Truth
Junior Moderator for Polls and Spam - PetersSmith

Just as an aside, this debate is impossible to accept. Should you find a way to accept the debate somehow, you automatically forfeit the win, and empower me to have the debate reset to its original condition.

Also, the use of debate challenges to advertise is normally prohibited. This debate is a special exception that was cleared with moderation in advance of it being posted. Do not yourselves attempt to use the debate section for advertising, promotional, personal, spam, or non-debate purposes.

I will try to bump this only every 5-6 days unless, of course, there is important information that needs to be added. I want to ensure that this information is conveyed without pushing down real challenges.

If you have any questions or concerns for me, feel free to post in the comments, send me a friend request, or PM me. Thank you for your time!
Posted by bsh1 1 week ago
Well, Sci, I can't really fix the bug issues...
Posted by Sciguy 1 week ago
@Bsh1 - No, the best thing to do is to make sh#t work again. Sorry, that came off as passive aggressive. What I meant was that we need to make DDO great again!
Posted by bsh1 1 week ago
@Over - I think the best thing to do is to do more debates.
Posted by fire_wings 1 week ago
100th comment
Posted by fire_wings 1 week ago
Posted by Overnight 1 week ago
Something should be done to try to resurrect DDO.
Posted by Overnight 1 week ago
Yeah, I'm kinda sad that DDO looks like it's dying. It is easily the best debate site.
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
i never found a debater here, ddo is an unborn adult
Posted by bsh1 3 weeks ago

I would talk to whiteflame about how you can regain those privileges. There are a number of people (Hayd, Tejretics, Whiteflame, etc.) who are great voters, and if you asked, could maybe help you develop your own skills so that your privileges can be restored.

There are also some great written tutorials, including and and

Also, if you ever need to get a debate voted on, you could talk to other members like Hayd, Tejretics, Fire, Peepette, Whiteflame, ThinkBig, Lannan13, etc.) and ask them to vote (though I would avoid mass PMing people). You can also post your debate here to advertise it to voters:
Posted by AngryBlogger 3 weeks ago
I would vote, but it appears I have been banned from voting cause I wasn't descriptive enough.

I'd love to have those rights back so I could vote on unvoted debates.

But, yeah I agree with everyone else, this website is kinda dead, debates go unvoted for, mods take away votes casted on your debates. (I'd settle for a less quality vote than a non vote cause at least with less quality, the intention and thought is there, in a way, this is offensive to more so autistic people voting).

I just came back today after like 8 months away from the website, still banned from voting.