Frandwell_the_Red
Schoolarrow

Debate.org should have a prom round 2!

Frandwell_the_Red

Pro

Hey, you all! Since I'm new to the site, I thought a prom would be a great idea to meet people and talk debate stuff. (Of course, this isn't my idea, imabench originally debated the idea in [1]http://www.debate.org...) First round is to confirm, unless con wants to go first. In that case, he/she will post their opening in round 1. As always, DDO rules apply (No trolling or semantics, if you can even use semantics). The theoretical prom would basically be a giant forum where people could pick up dates, hang out, and even break it down with some funky grooving'! Anyway, good luck!
Schoolarrow

Con

Hey! Just like you, I am new to this site, looking out for any eye-catching debates; in order to properly start a debate here, I support that idea of the arguer, for a topic, to begin out with his/her statement along with his/her support. Good luck! :)
Frandwell_the_Red

Pro

Ok here are my arguments:

Sense of community

Having a prom here on DDO would increase the sense of community and truly unite the members into a (dys)functional community. This would decrease personal arguments and feuds. Also, a prom would help aggravated members calm down and would reduce tension already built up. A prom could be useful to help smooth ruffled feathers that eventually happen on this site.

Fun!

Who doesn't want to have fun? Aside from chatting and getting your groove on, we could play Party Mafia. Basically, it would be a mafia game and a murder mystery party mixed together that would go along with the party theme. (For example, if the theme was Lord of the Rings, there would be wizards and orcs and trolls assigned to the players.) We could also come up with some other games that I'll leave to the imagination right now. A prom would be a lot of fun and would attract a lot of people to the site. Which leads to my last argument...

MORE MONEY!

Who couldn't use some more money? They way I see it, a prom could increase revenue substantially for this site that lets us on for free. If we have a prom, people here on DDO would go blog/facebook/twitter/talk to their friends about it. Their friends would think about it, and say, "Hey, that sounds fun. I wonder what else I've been missing out on?". Five minuets later, they have an account and are looking at all of those beautiful ads. As this nifty diagram explains:

More People + See Ads = MONEY!!!

So, as you can see, the increase in advertisement hits would help to raise revenue and save the puppies, fix our education system, allow us to invest in infrastructure, create more keyboard-ready projects, and make us all proud to be on DDO!
(Patriotic music plays in the background)
Good luck to the Con and thank you for reading!
Schoolarrow

Con

Schoolarrow forfeited this round.
Frandwell_the_Red

Pro

Since my opponent forfeited the last round, I continue my arguments to this round.
Schoolarrow

Con

Schoolarrow forfeited this round.
Frandwell_the_Red

Pro

Uhhhh... This is awkward...
Schoolarrow

Con

Schoolarrow forfeited this round.
Posted by Frandwell_the_Red 4 years ago
Frandwell_the_Red
WOW that SUCKED!
Posted by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
This is an abusive resolution, theres no con argument ;)
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
That was an awesome debate XD