RussellMania741
Nuevo

Debate.org sucks

RussellMania741 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

RussellMania741

Pro

I hope someone can correct me with solid arguments, but debate.org sucks. Every debate that I have ether started or entered has been hung up. If the user doesnt have the argument ready by the due date, then that round should be just forfited and proceed to the next round.
Nuevo

Con

I hope you don't forfeit. Good luck!

I am for the notion that, on balance, debate.org does not suck. I have three reasons.

I. It teaches discipline
II. R06;It refines argumentation skills
III. R06;It allows cyber socialization

Arguments:
I. It teaches discipline and time management

Time is of the essence. As debaters who challenge other opponents under a certain timeframe, good management of time is needed. This challenge only poses as a lesson to us that if we cannot submit in time, we cannot win. This is where discipline comes in. If we allow ourselves to procrastinate, knowing that time is running, we can never have a fruitful debate. This moves debaters to sit in a chair and write and argue. In the end, we discipline ourselves to work and manage our time so that we have the chance to debate.

II. It refines argumentation skills.

As we learn to maneuver our way in this website, we encounter concepts that are new or against us. And so, argumentation spawned from this cause. We challenge ourselves and challenge others on whose argument can compel the most or deliver the biggest impact. Even without engaging in debates for a while, reading discussions in this site shows us how great debaters attack the opponent's defense and defend from their offense.

III. It allows cyber socialization.

A great way to spend some of your time is chatting with friends and exchanging ideas with co-debaters may it be in the forum or comments section. It may not be the best place to socialize, but it allows you to build a cyber network with people who are on the same site as you.

For these reasons, I negate.
RussellMania741

Pro

I would first like to thank you for accepting my debate. I only start debates with topics that I know really well. During the course of this debate, I will give several examples of topics that I have debated in the past. You talked about time management, so lets talk about time management. When I debate on a topic that I know really well, I go all out. In the past, I have spent 3-5 hours on each debate that I have started. If the person debating me doesn't respond in time, then that round should be forfeited, which means they would be at a disadvantage. If my debates keep getting hung up, why should I bother to put any effort into my debates?
Nuevo

Con

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope to debate you until the end.

Rebuttals:

My opponent points out about the problem with the bug that's pestering the site. But this is not a massive problem. If you want to avoid getting hung up, and you are certainly saying it's not your fault, you should be more specific with your criteria for a challenger. Or you can chat a member of the site and deliberate a match-up. This problem does not absolutely justify the notion that the site sucks. On balance, the good of DDO far outweigh the harm.

I will proceed to the reiteration of my original arguments. I would not call this reconstruction since nothing was attacked.

Arguments:

My opponent merely mentions this argument and did nothing to criticize it sufficiently. The point stands.

II. ‎It refines argumentation skills

Point stands.

III. ‎It allows cyber socialization

Stands.

Conclusion:
I have effectively proposed a solution for his problem and showed how this bug is barely scratching the DDO gates. Three of my point stands unscathed. I maintain that, on balance, the site's good outweigh the harms. Therefore, DDO does not suck.
Posted by Nuevo 1 month ago
Nuevo
Oh well.
Posted by Xantog 1 month ago
Xantog
LOL he forfeited the round! what a hypocrite.
Posted by Shad0wXx 1 month ago
Shad0wXx
It seems that the problem lies not with the website itself, but with some of the members of the site.