RobertMcclureSmith
AlexanderOc

Debate.org supports every known terrorist and criminal organization in the world

AlexanderOc

RobertMcclureSmith

Con

I will take the con position. I have not found or heard this is true. I believe debate.org is a great company that supports the United States, its military, and the American way of life. I have found zero evidence that debate.org supports every known terrorist organization in the world including ISIS, al-Qaida, elements in Iran that want to use nuclear weapons against Israel and US allies, Mexican drug cartels such as the sinaloa cartel, the Russian mob, groups involved in sex trafficking, human rights abuses, and others who commit atrocities around the world. The person who take the pro would likely have to be a high ranking official inside the CIA, DOD, State Department, NSA, or have access to classified information or have a high security clearance in those organizations. They would likely believe it is time to leak this information, not because they want to win the debate but because they love the United States"its allies, democracy, peace, freedom and liberty around the world and have a profound hatred for those that support atrocities and human rights abuses for their own profit or due to the sick joy they find in human suffering.
I am just an average citizen. I do not have access or know anonymous sources who could provide that information. As far as I know debate.org is the best website in the world and supports the US more than Ronald Reagan. In fact, my understanding is everyone at that organization supports the troops, salutes the flag, and begins every workday with the pledge of allegiance and a group prayer, asking Jesus his country that "shining city upon a hill."
Because my opponent would want to protect his or her own safety I imagine they will have to rely on anonymous sources like anonymous sources in the Department of Defense or anonymous sources inside the Central Intelligence Agency, or other anonymous sources which would be quoted as:
[Anonymous officials from the Pentagon] revealed "[this is where evidence would be provided for terrible crimes, some that would be hard to even imagine, or even ridiculous.
Thankfully, I am just an average citizen who has zero evidence or even remotely believes that evidence exist that would prove my position false.
AlexanderOc

Pro

I'm quite unsure what that whole rant about leaked information and sex trafficking was about. However I find it pretty ridiculous that Con thinks Debate.org discriminates.

I have yet to see a reason why DDO wouldn't support terrorist and criminal organizations. DDO isn't a vigilantly service, it's a debating website.
I'm quite sure, were a terrorist group to log on to the internet and visit DDO, that the website would be supported. Nowhere in this website's rules does it state that a criminal would be unable to use this site.

Pro must have this debating website confused. It supports all platforms, all types of people and all types of groups.

I require no anonymous sources or under-the-radar deals. Simply ask a terrorist group to log on to Debate.org and watch the website work completely fine.

This website will support a terrorist without a problem.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Admittedly, my vote was close in consideration to a tie. Remind me in a week or so (close to the end of the period), and I'll reread the arguments for fresh consideration.
Posted by Malacoda 3 years ago
Malacoda
This is kind of a ridiculous resolution.
Posted by debatability 3 years ago
debatability
I would take this if I had any idea how to build a case for the resolution lol
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 3 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
I don't support the military or say prayers for America. Come at me.
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
No it's not. Key word here is 'support'. Will DDO be able to support any terrorists that use it?
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
this resolution is actually extremely difficult to noob-snipe.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Hilarious
Posted by neutral 3 years ago
neutral
I don't think he is going to find any takers that will 'prove' debate.org supports terrorists - which appears to be what he is advocating, but upon reading his argument ... he wants someone else to step into those shoes.
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
Would love to accept, if only we weren't already debating.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
No, I'll pass. Unless somebody takes a while to accept.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
RobertMcclureSmithAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: any terrorist can debate here
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
RobertMcclureSmithAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Overall a really weak debate, but single round debates should just be held in the opinion section... The instigator could not name a single terrorist group DDO does not support, if Pro's BoP is an issue "Pro must have this debating website confused. It supports all platforms, all types of people and all types of groups." went unchallenged, whereas pro did challenge many of con's points about sex trafficking as irrelevant. ... Reminder, DDO voting standards are based on three things, refutation is one third of victory.
Vote Placed by XLAV 3 years ago
XLAV
RobertMcclureSmithAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct, spelling and grammar, and sources are a tie. Pro's "This website will support a terrorist without a problem." argument is true, however, the resolution states "Debate.org supports every known terrorist and criminal organization in the world" So does DDO, right now, support EVERY know terrorist group and criminal organization? No. Does Pro have any evidence that DDO supports a terrorist group or a criminal organization? No. The BoP was on Pro and he failed to meet his BoP. He provided no evidence that DDO supports a terrorist group and a crimnial organization. Pro stated that anyone can use DDO, but he has no evidence that every know terrorist and criminal organizations are being supported by DDO.