TrumpSupporter
NDECD1441

DebateIsland.com New Actively Developed Debate Website VS Debate.org?

NDECD1441
Started: 10/17/2017 Category: News
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
NDECD1441

Con

Hello TrumpSupporter, I am NDECD and I will address the debate setup.
As in this debate, the BOP will be shared. What Pro has to prove is that DI is BETTER than DDO while Opp will have to prove DDO is better than DI or, if not, is at least on par with DI. With that being said let me start off with some of my rebuttals.

"DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status."

In Debate.org, it turns out that we have have had quite a few of these for quite a while now such as debate status. In fact, DebateIsland is, too a debate website. I do not see, how these updates help us in terms of debating. In fact, Debate.org does have something similiar to Communities' views. It is called the Forums and it will later on be linked in with an argument throughout the debate.

"DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls."
This point actually contradicts itself by saying it is troll-free yet you block TROLLS. Also, in DDO, you can block people as well whether they be bullying or are trolls themselves. This shows that DDO is on par with DI in many things.

"Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO."
Our founders do care as well. Airmax and Bsh has used their ways to reach out to members of DDO. They have created user guides for new members in the Forums and Airmax has created a bug report forum thus, doing his duty as a moderator. Whiteflame has done his job by responding to reported votes and, overall, the admins care for the members as well.

"The DebateIsland community is very civil-"
Not all in my opinion. Just as we have trash-talkers here as well, DI has them too. http://www.debateisland.com...
In this 'debate', the two people, Erisflat and Hank have argued back and forth for quite a while and eventually has resulted in minor trash-talking. This is just a little taste of the "civilness" of the DI community. I could post alot more of the more extreme debates but I believe you got the idea.

"-and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service."
Ours as well. This will be further explained in my points.

"The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com."

I believe it is safe to point out that there was no proof provided. Only you out of all the other DDO users I have known so far have switched there thus, rendering your point invalid. (For other viewers, this line is permitted in all debate tournaments and is not viewed as hackling. It is not an insult and I certainly do not mean it to be.)

Now let me move on to my points.
There will be one major point ladies and gentlemen. In this point, it will branch out into 2 components. Short but effective. Without further adieu, lets begin.

My main point ladies and gentlemen, is that DDO is just as good as DebateIsland in terms of content and effectiveness as a debating website.

Component one, as we all venture into DebateIsland's hompage, we will see all of the 'debates' in glory. However, these aren't real debates. In an actual debate in any parlimentary, (British parlimentary, Asian Parlimentary, Austral-Asians) there are a certain number of speakers who speak different points but yet supplements to the previous speakers' points. In DebateIsland, we do not see that. In fact, with the fact that any number of people can argue in the topic, it losses the definition of debating. In fact, there is more a... forum. A forum in which you post your opinion on something yet you never debate anything. If THAT is debating you may as well be calling the entire argument between Janet Sanders and others in the comments of the poll for whether evil exists a debate! Even if DDO doesn't exactly follow the parlimentary, there still are fixed speakers like TrumpSupporter and me in this debate which gives the term 'Debate' more meaning. This brings me to my next component.

Component two, even as DDO has 'sufficient' debating, we too have DI's 'eh' debating. Earlier in my rebuttals I said what DI's debates are called, guess which debate website has a forum. Another point to DDO.

Overall, I have reduced 4 of pro's points and sparing only 1 (page speed) as a valid point. They will be rebutted soon throughout the debate directly or indirectly. Meanwhile, I have proved to you how DDO is on par, if not, better than the DI website in 2 in-depth components. With that, I conclude my speech and am proud to oppose the notion.

http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debate.org...
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Communities are not Forums, they are things that users can follow and view official pages for. Then, Debates are sorted into the Communities. Updates are very important, and the turning they do is to make the Debateing experience better.
NDECD1441

Con

As Pro did not reinstate or introduce any of his points, I will continue with my speech. Before that however, let me adress one minor detail pro tried to refute my point with.

"Updates are very important, and the turning they do is to make the Debateing experience better."
While updates are important, they provide no other benefit other than fun. For example, our DDO website is just about as fun as it is and while we would LOVE a new update, it would be only a bonus with the experience. The same is for DebateIsland ladies and gentlemen. I am not saying that DebateIsland is 100% horrible. I am merely saying that DDO is AT LEAST on par with DebateIsland and, like I said, updates on such a site are merely a bonus thus, my point remains standing.

"Communities are not Forums, they are things that users can follow and view official pages for. Then, Debates are sorted into the Communities."
Pardon me. I don't seem to understand, more elaboration please.

Moving on to my points I would like to introduce a new one with two components. A third one would have been the general content but that has already been explained.
My point is that the experience on DDO is superb as it is and it stands, once again, AT LEAST on par with DI.

First component ladies and gentlemen, the accesibility on other functions even if not meant to be created.
As a debate website, almost no one thought of introducing rap battles until a genius came along with the idea. This point shows how DDO, no matter what it was meant to be, can acess other sorts of activities as long as we have the idea. Even tournaments came along. This adds a point to DDO.

Second component, the life of DDO.
One point Gov (pro) may may involve in the debate is how the site is dying. However this point is destroyed by saying that the number of users on this website decreased by 4% for a short period of time, only to gain back 4.1% of it's users and thus, it is safe to say that DDO is not dying at all but actually, slowly but surely, improving.

Overall, I have proven to you how DDO is better in another 2 ways. While my main point in the 2 rounds may seem redundant, they actually aren't. My first round argues to you about the content. Now my 2nd point is based on experience. If we were all to add up and compare this debates branches on points that remain standing, I have 4 out of the many DDO points while my opponent only has one. Voters, I encourage you all to give this some thought.
With that, I conclude my speech and pass the final round to the opposition.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com uptime is much higher than DDO.
NDECD1441

Con

Ladies and gentlemen as we near the end of the debate, I will firstly, like to address my highly esteemed opponent's points which, to be honest and with all due respect, have been reduced to almost nothing and our TrumpSupporter has done NOTHING to reinstate his points and I will prove how so later. Secondly, I will like to answer and resolve possibly the two biggest questions in the debate this week. Without further adieu, let's begin.

Let us begin by the 1 of the statements in the rounds 1 and 3 that my opponent has made repeatedly.
R1: "The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service."
R3: "DebateIsland.com uptime is much higher than DDO."
Now if you will first, before anything else, please recognize that the quote from R3 was LITERALLY the only thing Supporter said. Now lets look at my points in round 2.
"-the number of users on this website decreased by 4% for a short period of time, only to gain back 4.1% of it's users and thus, it is safe to say that DDO is not dying at all but actually, slowly but surely, improving."

This shows that after a point was made, I destroyed it with a hard, cold analysis. Round 3 only shows us an attempt to bring back (hopelessly) a destroyed point but without deeper and harder analysis. Please take that into careful consideration ladies and gentlemen.

There are many other patterns in this debate but so not to waste anymore time, let me move on to the final part of the debate, the conflicts.

In this debate, there has always been a major conflict prior to the debate. Questions asking about the debate that we so dearly want the answers to. Well here they are. Presented to you all, ladies and gents, on a silver platter. The question will be answered by my one main point throughout the debate: the content. The question: "Where does DI stand. Worse, better or on par with DDO?"

With the conflict revealed, lets get to the answers. As I have proved throughout the debate, the content in DI is not as great as the delusion my rightful opponent is trying to put you all under. Debate Island has only a fraction out of what DDO has what with communities being the subjects you have in DDO in the left ribbon and the so called "debates" in DI are basically forums as how I have proved in the rounds. However with DDO's extra content, DDO does set a far line from DI thus, proving DI less competent than DDO.

Overall throughout the debate, I have answered the major conflict and and proved to you the pros of DDO in 2 different ways. My opponents points have been reduced to nothing and has done nothing to reinforce them and with that, I conclude my speech, settle my case and urge you all, please vote con.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
I apologize. I was getting really tired of looking for a debate to accept only to see a DI vs DDO debate. I apologize for exploding.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 month ago
NDECD1441
FUDGING SWITCH THERE AND NEVER COME BACK THEN. AT LEAST THEY HAVE FlLTERS FOR STUPID DEBATES LIKE THESE. GOODBYE, LEAVE AND STAY THERE.
Posted by JimShady 1 month ago
JimShady
LOL, he needs to get banned already.
Posted by KostasT.1526 1 month ago
KostasT.1526
Then why don't you go and enjoy your Debate Island and not spoil DDO with advertisements? We would appreciate that.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
TrumpSupporterNDECD1441Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con sums up the debate nicely at the end. He makes rebuttals that destroy TrumpSupporter's points, which TrumpSupporter doesn't try to recover from. Arguments go to Con. As well, conduct for wasting our time.