TrumpSupporter
PowerPikachu21

DebateIsland.com - New Debate Format, better than Debate.org?

PowerPikachu21

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com has released a new update with the new "Persuade Me" debate format in addition to their casual debate format.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.
They also released obtuse duncrionalites with their latest release and have anothe release coming soon. DDO now has some competition.
The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I guess I'll do a full on debate with DISupporter. The resolution is pretty much "Should we switch to DebateIsland?". I say don't switch, which means to abandon Debate.org.

"DebateIsland.com has released a new update with the new "Persuade Me" debate format in addition to their casual debate format. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there."

I'm not buying that you really "switched" to DI, considering you're still here. But alright. DDO's underdeveloped, sure. But we still have debates and polls. What does DI have? It has debates, which are pretty much polls.

"They also released obtuse duncrionalites with their latest release and have anothe release coming soon. DDO now has some competition."

I don't think duncrionalites is a word. You mean functionalities? How is this obtuse?

"The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service."

Looking through this debate, it isn't really all nice and civil: http://debateisland.com...
And remember backwardseden from DDO? The really rude anti-theist? He came onto DI as awaketowhere: http://debateisland.com...

And DI isn't immune to more rude people coming. It's only a matter of time until someone else appears. And actually, I think the civility of both sites are remotely even.

And as for active admins on this site, there's whiteflame, bsh1, and airmax. Here's the Information Bulletin: http://www.debate.org...

"A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com."

Lies. You aren't an ex-DDO user. Otherwise I wouldn't be having this discussion with you.

"Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format."

But DDO already has formal debating, so we're ahead. However, the design is lacking. What I mean is, the size of the pages are huge! You have to zoom out to see everything. DDO obviously doesn't have this problem.

"The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community"

And DDO can't? The Bulletin has ideas to reinvent DDO if you look through it.

So... is there anything DI does have that DDO does not have? Seeing as DDO does have 1v1 debating, there's a reason to switch from DI to DDO. After all, that's why you switched to DDO, right? Because we have 1v1 debates where we can see which side is correct?
TrumpSupporter

Pro

PowerPickachu, This debate is about the "Persuade Me" debate format not the whole website.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I'm not sure what to think. Is civility irrelevant to Persuade Me? Are the admins irrelevant? Why'd you bring those up then?

So Persuade Me. Literally all it is is pretty much polls, but there's the "Persuaded" thing in it. You can be persuaded without letting the whole world know, and without a little "these arguments are the ones that persuaded me".

Link to a Persuade Me in DI: http://debateisland.com...

Also, the whole "Persuaded" thing. He says that it's a bad idea to reincarnate as an animal because it's filled with death. It didn't completely change my mind, but it did open up my eyes. Again, we don't need this debate type. It already exists, in a sense.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland has fixed their issue with screen size. Persuade me seems to be a whole new functionality with meta, new format, form, tool tips etc. DDO is down most of the time and is very bugged up.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Debate.org hasn't been disabled in a few months. And you've provided no arguments on why Persuade Me is important or anything. And practically any arguments, irrelevant or not, you made have been refuted by me, and you ended up dropping those arguments in Round 2.

So in conclusion, we should not switch to DebateIsland, as DDO is cool as well, so check out both sites. And the Persuade Me format has no difference with any other debate on that site. Pro hasn't attempted to refute this, only saying "This is the case", but not going into any sort of detail. So I've won by default.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 12 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I PMed the founder on DebateIsland, he denied he's the one advertising.
Posted by Currahee150 12 months ago
Currahee150
Aren't you also the founder of debate island? I mean, this seems like shameless advertising to me, and this debate seems to serve more as an advertisement than an actual debate. This isn't the first time either, you've created like 7 of these. The debate section probably isn't the place for advertising your site, and at the very least tell people your true affiliations with debate island.
Posted by TrumpSupporter 12 months ago
TrumpSupporter
What were the debates about @masterful ? I never heard of anyone getting a debater removed there unless it's really uncivil.
Posted by Masterful 12 months ago
Masterful
I got 2 debate removed from Debate Island. There is no freedom of speech.
Vote Placed by JimShady 11 months ago
JimShady
TrumpSupporterPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: A seven point sweep for Pikachu. Con gets conduct because TrumpSupporter brought up a bunch of issues, and when Con refuted them, he just said they weren't relevant to the debate (making Con waste his time.) Pro also horrible misspelled functionalities and capitalized/ punctuated incorrectly multiple times. Con shut down Pro's advertisement of Persuade Me, calling it a cheap recreation of polling (noteworthy that he also refuted other Pro topics.) And Pikachu provided links to uncivility, admins, and the persuasion thing, so sources points to Con. Pro has failed again.