TrumpSupporter
jjakemoorejj

DebateIsland.com New Formalish Debating VS Debate.org?

jjakemoorejj
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com just released their exclusive "Formalish" Debate Format. It I open to app users who can comment once per round. Users can"t parricipate if they haven"t commented in a previous round. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
jjakemoorejj

Con

"DebateIsland.com just released their exclusive "Formalish" Debate Format. It I open to app users who can comment once per round. Users can"t parricipate if they haven"t commented in a previous round. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system."

Alrighty, that is fine aaron. At best that is a cross between the forums and debates section of DDO. We have 1v1 debates on DDO, you didn't come up with that first. After going through formalish debating, at best its an overly restricted forum, and really doesn't offer formal debating.

"DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls."

I am familiar with the whole mute system. But I am also aware of the block system on debate.org. My opponent must explain why Mute is better than block, otherwise, their argument is irrelevant. Troll free???????? Continue reading

"DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there."

DebateIsland has to be actively developed because it is new, and is lacking in functionality. The formalish debate are essentially limited forums, and the other debates are at best a cross between the forums and polls section.

"The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com."

Quit lying, Aaron. You didn't quit. You were never really active in the past but then suddenly started using your account to advertise your website.

'The DebateIsland community is very civil". The site is filled with many toxic flat Earthers and conspiracy theorists, and even their opponents are toxic sometimes.

http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debateisland.com...
http://www.debateisland.com...

Whats even worse than that is that they have set these people as moderators and they will delete or edit your post if they don't like them. But this seems to be what the founder wants, which is why I came to DDO.

Also, I am sure you are the founder of DI. Your account was never active in the past. Then you started using it to advertise DI.

Conclusion: I would not recommend DebateIsland. The website offers an inferior form of debating, is filled with many toxic flat earthers/conspiracy theorists and trolls, and the moderation is a joke.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com is more ciivl.
jjakemoorejj

Con

I've already shown that there are toxic people on DebateIsland. Go through their profiles. Debates, posts, etc.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com is actively developed unlike Debate.org.
jjakemoorejj

Con

DebateIsland has to be actively developed because it is a new website as I already explained.

Even then Debate.Org is actively developed, they are releasing new updates constantly.
Posted by QuestionGuy 3 weeks ago
QuestionGuy
debateisland sucked soo hard i tried it
Posted by Cat47 1 month ago
Cat47
Thanks for featuring my profile. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Vote Placed by Coveny 1 month ago
Coveny
TrumpSupporterjjakemoorejjTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made a convince argument in round one by pointing out that if the site is troll free blocking should be irrelevant, then goes further to show it?s not blocking, but muting. Con also refuted the claim of DI being very civil with supporting evidence linking to multiple users on that site who are not civil who will edit and delete your posts. Pro doesn?t respond to any of Con?s points and just using the repetition fallacy.