TrumpSupporter
jjakemoorejj

DebateIsland.com New Formalish Debating VS Debate.org?

jjakemoorejj

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com just released their exclusive "Formalish" Debate Format. It Is open to all users who can comment once per round. Users can"t parricipate if they haven"t commented in a previous round. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
jjakemoorejj

Con

My opponent is continuing with their blatant advertisment of DebateIsland. Same arguments as last time:

http://www.debate.org...
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com us much more civil that Debate.org and it"s actively developed.
jjakemoorejj

Con

Once again my opponent is using the repetition fallacy. Voters should read the first round of the other debate where I provided an extensive rebuttal to my opponents opening statements as well as their repeated "civility and development argument".

However, I would like to add to it:

Civility: We not only have toxic flat Earthers rampaging the site, but we also have ViceRegent regularly hijacking threads and insulting people. Just a taste of how civil the DebateIsland community is, I guess.
Actively Developed: All websites have to be actively developed, but DI has to be very actively developed because it is a new website.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com is actively developed unlike Debate.org. Also. DebaaIsland uptime May be higher and speed. DebateIsland.com has a more civil community that Debate.org and has a computerized spam system and user flagging system.
jjakemoorejj

Con

"DebateIsland.com is actively developed unlike Debate.org. Also. DebaaIsland uptime May be higher and speed. DebateIsland.com has a more civil community that Debate.org and has a computerized spam system and user flagging system."

Both DebateIsland and Debate.org are very actively developed. They're both releasing updates constantly. DI being actively developed is nothing special since all websites, especially new websites, must be actively developed.

" Also. DebaaIsland uptime May be higher and speed." Too confusing for me to read (grammar) but I assume you mean running speed? I've found that Debate.org's running speed is equal to DebateIslands, if not faster.

"DebateIsland.com has a more civil community that Debate.org and has a computerized spam system and user flagging system." I wouldn't consider a website civil if we have a bunch of packs of toxic flat Earthers (who they made moderators!) regularly hijacking threads to promote their psuedoscientific BS, while deleting or editing disagreeing posts.

Debate.org also has a user flagging system. Look to the bottom right corner of this argument and they also have a spam filter Thanks for the debate, I hope to make this debate with you my last.
Posted by jjakemoorejj 5 months ago
jjakemoorejj
Sadly, my brother is one of those toxic flat Earthers. Tho he did let me use his twitter to sign up for a better website....
Posted by VDensovic 5 months ago
VDensovic
Agree with missmedic. I briefly registered at debateisland just to see what it was all about. When you've got a hostile, deluded, idiot like ViceRegent trying to belittle and borderline-abuse everyone that disagrees with him there is no point staying.
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
missmedic
it also has ViceRegent....................http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by Coveny 5 months ago
Coveny
TrumpSupporterjjakemoorejjTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con linked the previous argument where Pro states the exact same thing. Response the same way, and does not respond to any of Cons statements. This all supports Con's claim that Pro has committed the repetition fallacy and not debating at all.