TrumpSupporter
Shanor

DebateIsland.com New Traditional Debating VS Debate.org?

Shanor

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com just released "Formal" Debating. That includes Lincoln-Douglas Debating and Traditional Debating. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
Shanor

Con

Any site that spends their time posting how their site is better on another site is not a site worth going to.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

I switched to DebateIsland.com from Debate.org. They have Lincoln-Douglas and Traditional Formal Debating which they just released. They also have other formats such as causal, Persaude me, and Formalish.
Shanor

Con

Then put it on an actual add instead of using another site.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Please user arguments.
Shanor

Con

My argument is that because you are using another site to try to steal their people instead of just advertising normally makes your site fairly scummy more then anything. (and just to be fair I checked out the site, it does not even compare to debate.org yet. Wait a bit more until you try comparing the 2.)
Posted by SilverishGoldNova 7 months ago
SilverishGoldNova
hey aaron... I don't think alot of people are gonna join your website if you are trying this desperately to get members.

love, your top member. I still use DI by the way, but still.
Vote Placed by SupaDudz 7 months ago
SupaDudz
TrumpSupporterShanorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Advertisment. Not a debate. Sorry PRO