TrumpSupporter
PowerPikachu21

DebateIsland.com Page Speed VS DDO Page Speed?

TrumpSupporter

Pro

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I personally have an account on DebateIsland, so I'm able to compare page loading speeds.

Debate.org: Roughly 1 or 2 seconds.

DebateIsland: Maybe 1.5 or 2 seconds.

Loading times are never consistent, however. When a program loads, it finds information for the program to organize, such as buttons, images, and links to other parts of the website. Websites nearly always loads 1 page at a time: the page you're currently visiting. Let's say you were to click on the homepage button on the upper left corner up there. That took me maybe 2.7 seconds to load? DebateIsland's homepage took 1.7 seconds to load. These are estimates though, and don't expect me to get a stopwatch for exact loading times.

Unless you have the worst computer in the world, loading page speeds are trivial and shouldn't even matter. It's like a 1 second difference, maybe debate.org is slightly slower one time, maybe slightly faster another time. I think I've said enough here.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Page Speed does matter! Waiting for a page takes a very long time.

Another point is that DDO is usually down. It was down 2 times this week! I prefer debateisland by far and am making a dull switch like many other users.

DDO has failing Google Page Speed scores while DebateIslalnd has much higher and passing scores.

DebateIsland is the much better website, what do you think, because you use debateisland?
PowerPikachu21

Con

"Page Speed does matter! Waiting for a page takes a very long time."

Either you have a horrible computer, or you're very impatient. I suggest to the voters to go to DebateIsland and compare load times. Like I said, load times are inconsistent. If it's just a 1 second difference, and both are under 4 seconds of load time, it's very trivial which one's faster.

"Another point is that DDO is usually down. It was down 2 times this week! I prefer debateisland by far and am making a dull switch like many other users."

Do server malfunctions count as page speeds? I don't think so. They're completely different things, so are irrelevant to this debate.

"DDO has failing Google Page Speed scores while DebateIslalnd has much higher and passing scores."

Do you think you could link me a screenshot or something? Evidence is everything in debate. I'd put evidence for loading times, but like I said several times; it varies. The best evidence I could give would just be a link to DebateIsland. http://www.debateisland.com...

I'd like to remind Pro that the topic is "DebateIsland.com Page Speed VS DDO Page Speed", so we're talking specifically about the page speed / loading times. I've already explained that DebateIsland isn't hyper fast compared to debate.org. My opponent talks about lots of different aspects, while nice, they're irrelevant.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

I have evidence that you don't and that's Page Speed scores by Google. So, they are not based on judgment or Byas.

Here Is a link and compare the websites for yourself. You will see that I won the debate.
https://developers.google.com...

What do you think of debateisland?
Debateisland.com

Thanks for the fun debate! Hope to see you on debateisland!
PowerPikachu21

Con

Alright. Let's take a look at your evidence.

DebateIsland: https://developers.google.com...

"Needs Work

66 / 100

This page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in a slow user experience. Please investigate the recommendations below."

Debate.org: https://developers.google.com...

"Poor

58 / 100

This page is not optimized and is likely to deliver a slow user experience. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below."

Those are the speed information for Mobile. Desktop also appears to have DebateIsland as a higher performance, but not incredibly drastic a difference. It's a 6/100 difference, which isn't too dramatic. Unless it was a 20/100 difference, it's not too important.

Both websites have very little difference in loading times. It'll be up to the voters on how to interpret the winner, though. It's barely different, so I feel like I should win. But let's see what the voters think.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Forever23// Mod action: Removed<

5 point to Con (Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: VOTE BOMB! Con had way more sources and gave stats which made argument more convincing.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to do more than simply state that one side had more sources, or point out that there were stats among them. It must be clear that the given sources were of higher quality, and that must be examined if the voter wishes to award these points. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. Merely pointing to the sources as a reason to award points is never sufficient " the voter must specifically assess arguments made by both sides.
************************************************************************
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@Ijawabi If you complete 3 debates and have validated your account, you can get voting privileges. However, votes have to examine arguments made by both sides, and explain why one side's is better.
Posted by Ijawabi 1 year ago
Ijawabi
Page speed, in my opinion, is not nearly as important as things like page layout and usability, While I personally do not have a Debate Island account, I have looked at their website, and I have to say that debate.org's format is a lot more appealing. For this, I have to go with the Con's argument. I'm too new to this site to actually... Cast a vote, but if I could then that's who I'd go with.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I know they want you to advertise, but loading times is not a way to convince people that one thing is better. And remember that the Burden of Proof (what you're supposed to prove) wants us to discuss the loading times specifically: Which one loads faster: Debate.org or DebateIsland?