aarongolbin
subdeo

DebateIsland.com VS Debate.org, who has the better design?

aarongolbin

Pro

I believe that DebateIsland.com has a better UI or design. They have a more modern, simplistic website. It is retina and beautiful. The functionality is also as great as the design. In my opinion debateisland.com has a much better design than debate.org and the other major debate websites. Also, Debateisland.com is the newest out of createdebate.com and debate.org. DebateIsland.com has a beautiful navigation as well.
Http://www.debateisland.com...
subdeo

Con

Hello Aarongoblin!
Since you did not specify, I assume that you mean for round one to be acceptance and beginning argument/thesis? If so, my argument is as follows:
I believe that Debate.org is superior to Debate Island for a variety of reasons.
First of all, I believe that Debate.org uses more creativity in its layout. For example, it has a "headlines" section on its home page. This allows users to see the latest discussions.
Debate.org also allows more personalization when designing a poll, opinion, or debate.
It is for these primary reasons that I believe Debate.org to be a better online debate forum than Debate Island.
Good luck, Aarongoblin!
aarongolbin

Pro

I disagree. Debate.org causes too much confusion. It is extremely complicated. It takes way too long to create a debate as well. Compared, to DebateIsland.com which foucuses on a more fun, simple experience that is just more entertaining than Debate.org. Think about this, how long did it take you to right your argument? Probably a long time. Not many people have time for that. Also, DebateIsland.com has a much better design. As a matter of fact, DebateIsland.com has won an international Website award. These are just some reason that DebateIsland.com is better.
subdeo

Con

I would differ with you that debate.org, "...Takes way too long to create a debate..." You asked me "How long did it take you to right" (sic) my argument. I don't exactly remember, but all that time was spent in writing, something I would have also had to do on Debate Island. Many of your arguments are also subjective (e.g. you say that Debate Island is more "fun" and "entertaining") these types of words are opinions, and not strong arguments.
I would say that debate.org is better because, as I said earlier, it allows a higher level of personalization. In addition, it allows more types of engagements, such as forums, polls, opinions, and debates. Debate island only allows polls and debates (really, these are really more comment sections than debates). In addition, Debate.org allows you to update your position on "the big issues". [1] This is something that important, especially when deciding to friend someone or not. This is a feature that debate island does not have [2]

[1] http://www.debate.org... (this is my profile on debate.org, you can see where I can update my stand on "the big issues"
[2] http://www.debateisland.com... (this is my profile on debate island, you can see there is no option to take a stand on the issues.)
aarongolbin

Pro

Hi, Subdeo. DebateIsland.con requires much less writing. Try to post or comment on a debate and you will see that it is a more simple experience. Again, debate.org is not for everybody. Many people don't have time to debate for so long.
subdeo

Con

Hey, Aarongoblin! I am not sure I get what you are saying about how commenting on a debate in debate island "Is a more simple experience." I would disagree with you. I think that the efficiency levels on both websites a comparable, so we are left mostly to discuss features and ease of access. I believe that Debate.org "Takes the cake" in those qualifications as the best online debate forum I know of. In addition, debates on this website are able to be highly personalized. If one does't have time for a long debate, they can just change the debate settings to a shorter debate by reducing the number of rounds. Thanks for the great debate, Aarongoblin! Now it's time for the voters to decide. Good Luck!
Posted by aarongolbin 1 year ago
aarongolbin
what do you think?
Posted by aarongolbin 1 year ago
aarongolbin
DebateIsland.com
Posted by aarongolbin 1 year ago
aarongolbin
DebateIsland.com or debate.org?
Posted by aarongolbin 1 year ago
aarongolbin
What do you think, <b>DebateIsland.com</b> or debate.org?
Posted by subdeo 1 year ago
subdeo
Alright voters, What do you think?
Posted by JackHex 1 year ago
JackHex
The ads are getting smarter
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
aarongolbin:
Here are a few suggestions: offer evidence of your claims, such as a link to the website and explaining why it's easier to navigate or whatever. Also, perhaps you could do a poll here and there and compare the results of who prefers which one more. If a higher percentage of people say they prefer debateisland, then that would be evidence to help your cause. The reason I say you'd need to poll both places is because people using either one will most likely say the one they use is better.

Also, be sure to actually offer rebuttal to your opponent's arguments. You didn't do that when you debated me here: http://www.debate.org...
And I think that may have cost you the debate.

Just some tips to help you win this debate! Good luck.
Posted by Perussi 1 year ago
Perussi
Are you that one moderater guy? You are XD. You have spirit. I salute you.