TrumpSupporter
NDECD1441

DebateIsland.com actively developed debate website vs Debate.org?

NDECD1441
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status.

DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls.
DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there.

The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
A lot of other users from competitor websites and forums have switched to DebateIsland.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com.

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
NDECD1441

Con

Hello TrumpSupporter, I am NDECD and I will address the debate setup.
As in this debate, the BOP will be shared. What Pro has to prove is that DI is BETTER than DDO while Opp will have to prove DDO is better than DI or, if not, is at least on par with DI. With that being said let me start off with some of my rebuttals.

"DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status."

In Debate.org, it turns out that we have have had quite a few of these for quite a while now such as debate status. In fact, DebateIsland is, too a debate website. I do not see, how these updates help us in terms of debating. In fact, Debate.org does have something similiar to Communities' views. It is called the Forums and it will later on be linked in with an argument throughout the debate.

"DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls."
This point actually contradicts itself by saying it is troll-free yet you block TROLLS. Also, in DDO, you can block people as well whether they be bullying or are trolls themselves. This shows that DDO is on par with DI in many things.

"Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO."
Our founders do care as well. Airmax and Bsh has used their ways to reach out to members of DDO. They have created user guides for new members in the Forums and Airmax has created a bug report forum thus, doing his duty as a moderator. Whiteflame has done his job by responding to reported votes and, overall, the admins care for the members as well.

"The DebateIsland community is very civil-"
Not all in my opinion. Just as we have trash-talkers here as well, DI has them too. http://www.debateisland.com......
In this 'debate', the two people, Erisflat and Hank have argued back and forth for quite a while and eventually has resulted in minor trash-talking. This is just a little taste of the "civilness" of the DI community. I could post alot more of the more extreme debates but I believe you got the idea.

"-and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service."
Ours as well. This will be further explained in my points.

"The DebateIsland community is very civil and the founder is extremely active, so is the customer service.
I was an Ex-Debate.org user, but have switched to DebateIsland.com."

I believe it is safe to point out that there was no proof provided. Only you out of all the other DDO users I have known so far have switched there thus, rendering your point invalid. (For other viewers, this line is permitted in all debate tournaments and is not viewed as hackling. It is not an insult and I certainly do not mean it to be.)

Now let me move on to my points.
There will be one major point ladies and gentlemen. In this point, it will branch out into 2 components. Short but effective. Without further adieu, lets begin.

My main point ladies and gentlemen, is that DDO is just as good as DebateIsland in terms of content and effectiveness as a debating website.

Component one, as we all venture into DebateIsland's hompage, we will see all of the 'debates' in glory. However, these aren't real debates. In an actual debate in any parlimentary, (British parlimentary, Asian Parlimentary, Austral-Asians) there are a certain number of speakers who speak different points but yet supplements to the previous speakers' points. In DebateIsland, we do not see that. In fact, with the fact that any number of people can argue in the topic, it losses the definition of debating. In fact, there is more a... forum. A forum in which you post your opinion on something yet you never debate anything. If THAT is debating you may as well be calling the entire argument between Janet Sanders and others in the comments of the poll for whether evil exists a debate! Even if DDO doesn't exactly follow the parlimentary, there still are fixed speakers like TrumpSupporter and me in this debate which gives the term 'Debate' more meaning. This brings me to my next component.

Component two, even as DDO has 'sufficient' debating, we too have DI's 'eh' debating. Earlier in my rebuttals I said what DI's debates are called, guess which debate website has a forum. Another point to DDO.

Overall, I have reduced 4 of pro's points and sparing only 1 (page speed) as a valid point. They will be rebutted soon throughout the debate directly or indirectly. Meanwhile, I have proved to you how DDO is on par, if not, better than the DI website in 2 in-depth components. With that, I conclude my speech and am proud to oppose the notion.

http://www.debateisland.com......
http://www.debate.org......
TrumpSupporter

Pro

DebateIsland.com is actively developed unlike Debate.org.
NDECD1441

Con

I believed I have adressed my points in the last debate so I will now refute the ONLY thing my opponent said.

DDO is actively developed as well. I have proved it in terms of content and acessibility in our last debate. You also gave no evidence in your statements thus proving your point invalid.

With this, I hand the debate to my opponent.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Debate.org is not actively developed, because they are most likely not fixing bugs and improving the site through functionality, etc.
NDECD1441

Con

First of all, I would like to state that in your final speech, you are not allowed to use new points as they will be disregarded in all debate tournaments. Ladies and gentlemen, please give this some thought.

With that being said, let's move on to the next part of the debate which is answering and resolving possibly the two biggest questions in the debate this week. Without further adieu, let's begin.

In this debate, there has always been a major conflict prior to the debate. Questions asking about the debate that we so dearly want the answers to. Well here they are. Presented to you all, ladies and gents, on a silver platter. The question will be answered by my one main point throughout the debate: the content. The question: "Where does DI stand. Worse, better or on par with DDO?"

With the conflict revealed, lets get to the answers. As I have proved throughout the debate, the content in DI is not as great as the delusion my rightful opponent is trying to put you all under. Debate Island has only a fraction out of what DDO has what with communities being the subjects you have in DDO in the left ribbon and the so called "debates" in DI are basically forums as how I have proved in the rounds. However with DDO's extra content, DDO does set a far line from DI thus, proving DI less competent than DDO.

Overall throughout the debate, I have answered the major conflict and and proved to you the pros of DDO in 2 different ways. My opponents points have been reduced to nothing and has done nothing to reinforce them and with that, I conclude my speech, settle my case and urge you all, please vote con.
Posted by Fernyx 4 weeks ago
Fernyx
The UI on debate island is horrible.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
TrumpSupporterNDECD1441Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con reduces Pro's arguments to nothingness, with Pro dropping these at Round 2. In the end, Con has the only arguments standing. Pro wastes our time with this debate, get out.