TrumpSupporter
Forever23

DebateIsland.com, the better casual debating version of DDO?

TrumpSupporter

TrumpSupporter

Pro

Debateisland.com is a modern casual debate website with great functionality and design. The website is making a formal format of Debating in addition to their current casual format. The page speeds are great... it's built for the modern web. The community is civil. Finally, the founder is extremely friendly and cares about the users. He also personally reached out to all users, that's not happened before on other sites like DDO.
The casual Debating is great and users can get input from the whole whole community

with a great design and amazing functionality there as well. It is extremely civil, with amazing moderation and computerized spam filter.
Forever23

Con

1. The community is civil. If the community is civil, I'm going to have to imply that the rules are f.ucking strict. So that means that me and many other members of DDO will be banned if they join. So obviously, DI is BS.

2. The founder is clearly a retard. Obviously, no random member would go out and advertise a random site. Logic causes me to conclude that you are the founder. Its even weirder since you talk about yourself third person. While youre friendly and caring, you are also a retard

3. We have that too. We get input from the whole community.

4. F.uck yourself.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Your langauge and implications show the uncivil DDO community. DebateIsland has a couple of very simple rules, not a whole guidelines list like DDO which many users don't seem to follow. Debate.org is also down 99% of the time. Debate.org has a lot of users leaving to DebateIsland as well. I am not the founder of DebateIsland, but rather a user that switched to the platform from DDO.
Forever23

Con

Clearly, DI would prevent DDO users from being "uncivil" and disrespectful. So many prominent users of this site would end up banned because we would not follow the guidelines.

Also, there is no way to prove you are the founder. There is overwhelming support for the fact that you are. First of all, your account has not been active in the past. So you are not a member of this community. You are new. Your only posts are ads of DI. So therefore, you are most likely the founder.
TrumpSupporter

Pro

Your arguments are all for the most part of topic for this debate. DDO has too many users using profanity and being extremely un-civil. DebateIsland would prevent this from happening and would probably not ban the user.
Forever23

Con

You dumbf.uck, we dont want that prevented. Also, all arguments about the founder being retarded are extended as they were not refuted by te opponent.
Posted by whiteflame 9 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Outplayz// Mod action: Removed<

5 point to Con (Arguments, Sources)). Reasons for voting decision: i tend to agree with con that you are the founder trying very hard to recruit. Her source of your activity clearly shows you are only here to advertise your site.

[*Reason for removal*] This vote was cast after the end of the voting period on this debate. While a glitch has extended that period indefinitely, votes that are cast past the defined end of the voting period will still be removed.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Mikal// Mod action: NOT Removed<

4 points to Pro (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Debate to pro. Pro had 2 points. Civility and the founder is helpful. Con refuted neither and engaged in non stop adhoms that just added to pros point about lack of civility. Since this was short it requires a short rfd. Con literally offered no clear rebuttlas and just attacked pro. This is no refuting any of his arguments and by her ad home she actually gave credit to pros argument. Also conduct to pro for con being in her own words a retard

[*Reason for non-removal*] The vote is sufficient. Though the voter could provide details as to why they found Pro's arguments appealing, the voter does nonetheless explain why he is favoring their argument and provides a detailed explanation of the conduct allocation.
Posted by MySlySky 1 year ago
MySlySky
Couldn't vote for either contender because DDO would not allow me to verify myself because the site isn't working correctly. The conduct by the Con also prompted me to search for DI and I believe I may have found a new debate site...
Posted by airmax1227 1 year ago
airmax1227
Vote by DboPoint in favor of Pro (5 points; args, S&G, conduct) has been removed.

[RFD: Whatever is left in DDO community, this debate exemplifies some of the issues. The pro explained that DebateIsland is a better version of the site, soecific to casual debating. The con just kept insulting the pro and anchored the counter-argument that the users need to remain uncivil and have ability to insult each other. I don't believe that con articulated a valid argument why users need to be uncivil to debate.]

DboPoint and/or TrumpSupporter are encouraged to contact me immediately.

Airmax1227
Debate.org Moderator
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
TrumpSupporter, argue in the debate, not the comment section, and not with accounts you invent to vote fluff yourself.
Posted by DboPoint 1 year ago
DboPoint
And btw, when I post any DDO debate comment, Including the one below, there is an error message, but comment posts anyway.
---

Oops... This is awkward!
An unexpected error has occurred.
Sorry about that. Our technicians have been notified and should have this fixed very soon.
Please try again later.
Posted by DboPoint 1 year ago
DboPoint
PowerPikachu21, I am surprised that you are suggesting that evidence is needed for DDO being down. Over the last few weeks, it was down 3 days days at a time. Is it just me, or I thouht that was a global outage? How could pro provide a screenshot of it being done as evidence, as that would only show it was down at a given time?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
TrumpSupporter, I think you've made enough advertisements for DebateIsland. If you want to start winning debates, you have to prove that your arguments is the truth, with evidence. If the opponent has an argument, take it down with evidence.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Reason For Decision:

"Evidence is everything in court." - Miles Edgeworth (from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Pro's arguments are 1) Great functionality and design, 2) They're making formal debating [which DDO already has], 3) Page Speeds, 4) Civil Community, and 5) Input from the community.

Con refutes #4 by suggesting that DebateIsland has lots of rules. While Pro suggests this isn't the case, no one actually links the rules. I'm not sure what to think.

Con then insults the founder of DebateIsland, which they assert is Pro. How being a retard makes DebateIsland worse? No idea. How the founder advertising his site makes it worse? Please explain! [I'll have to give Conduct points to Pro for the ad homonym.]

Con counters #5 by saying DDO has user support as well... Keyword; "saying". I would like evidence for this.

In Round 2, Pro drops a bomb by saying DDO is down a lot. While a screenshot would've been a nice weapon, I believe him. Though also in Round 2, Pro states that he switched from DI to DDO. I wish Con would've pressed that statement a bit.

In conclusion... I have no idea what to think. Each side just throws shade onto the opponent; doubting their ideas, but not showing me why I should believe them. If someone gave me evidence of there being too many rules on DebateIsland, for instance, I'd give argument points. I'm wondering if I should give Argument points to Pro since he mentioned DDO being down, which I've experienced personally.

No sources were used, so that's tied. S&G wasn't horrid from either side, that's tied. However, Con engaged in insults directed to Pro/DI's founder, with no shown justification. I'll have to give Conduct points to Pro.
Posted by TrumpSupporter 1 year ago
TrumpSupporter
@DboPoint , definitely. You should check it out.
Vote Placed by Cat47 10 months ago
Cat47
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The main arguments Pro had were the DebateIsland community being more civil and the founder being helpful, but Con never addressed either and instead resorted to personal attacks, only giving credit to Pro's argument about a civil community.
Vote Placed by Mikal 1 year ago
Mikal
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Debate to pro. Pro had 2 points. Civility and the founder is helpful. Con refuted neither and engaged in non stop adhoms that just added to pros point about lack of civility. Since this was short it requires a short rfd. Con literally offered no clear rebuttlas and just attacked pro. This is no refuting any of his arguments and by her ad home she actually gave credit to pros argument. Also conduct to pro for con being in her own words a retard
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: On a number of occasions, Con cursed and called Pro retarded. This is a conduct violation.
Vote Placed by warren42 1 year ago
warren42
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro essentially had two arguments: civility and input from the community. Con turned civility, saying that it implies strict moderation and less free expression. Con negated community input by saying it's non-unique. Con loses conduct by using various insults that are not warranted.
Vote Placed by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: With no evidence, I'm not sure if any side's arguments are convincing. Con calls Pro a retard, and I don't see any relevance. I'll give Conduct points to Pro. I might think this over again later, but my full RFD is in the comments.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
TrumpSupporterForever23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not know how to debate, he merely used a couple arguments by assertion. First that DI is better in every way (not one source to show anything of quality on DI). Second that no punetive action would happen to bad apples from DDO, they'd just magically clean up their act. ... Con proved that DI was founded by a retard, and pro decided to counter this by proving that it's a lying retard, therefore not just a retard; socially retarded idiot without integrity, got it. Normally an Ad Hominem attack would be off topic, but this is the desperate loser spamming other sites, which goes to show the lack of anything worthwhile on his or her own. ... pro, I advise tossing a link in your profile and forum signature, then get involved in real debates and forum topics, so as to infer your site has intelligent members. Right now you're just dragging it through the mud.