jonahofdeath
WorstLife

Debating is pointless

WorstLife has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

jonahofdeath

Pro

I believe debating is pointless.

This is the acceptance round.

Anything is allowed as long as it is on topic.
WorstLife

Con

If there were no conflicts, life would be boring and everybody would be the exact same. And if you don't like debates, then why are you on this website?
jonahofdeath

Pro

By all means, good sir, I love debating. This is just philisophical.

This is my rationality behind why debating is pointless:

All truly good debates are good debates because they are not absolute.

That meaning, opposing forces in the debate could both be correct.

There is no right or wrong, it is all perspective.

If it is all perspective, the perspective will always be changing.

Debates, and their answers, will always be changing.

If debates will always happen over certain subjects, and there are no absolute answers to come, debating is pointless.

Just because debating is pointless, however, doesn't make it not fun. I love to debate, however I recognize some things we do are pointless.
Posted by canis 1 week ago
canis
Most debates are not about. "what we know". So they are pointless. If we were only talking about things we knew...We would have nothing to debate. When we debate things we realy do not know. The result will be what we will never know, and we can debate it again.
Posted by GrimlyF 1 week ago
GrimlyF
Apart from the always pleasurable arts of pontificating,bombast and bigotry prevalent in all of us debate on this site is a waste of time. Proof?. This debate has been viewed 81 times and there only 3 comments. I took part in a debate that had over 250 viewings and not a single comment much less an actual vote was recorded. Why?. Because the "moderators" don't do their jobs. They are too busy in debates and postings to bother. One moderator told me he was too busy studying for a P.H.D. and grading papers to do his job. He obviously didn't regard his 87 debates and 1500 posts as time consuming.
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
the only good debate is absoute, other wise its non sense, not right or wrong just my dad beats your dad syndrome
Posted by skipsaweirdo 1 week ago
skipsaweirdo
You believe debating is pointless. So what's your point about debating again?
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
on ddo it is, 5 rounds is pointless