thishouseregretsmybirth
Robert_Weiler

Deception about gender negates sexual consent

thishouseregretsmybirth has forfeited round #2.

thishouseregretsmybirth

Pro

Consent should be freely given based on truth
Robert_Weiler

Con

The resolution put forward by my opponent seeks to ban the age old practice of deception in order to engage in sexual activity. While the resolution seeks only to ban one subject of deception, the principle is the same. People lie to have sex. They lie about income, possessions, lifestyle, criminal history, and a myriad of other things.

Nothing negates sexual consent except a revocation of that consent by the one who gave it. If a man takes a woman home to engage in sexual activity, only to find out that they are in fact another man, sexual conduct may continue unless that man revokes the consent.
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
swap my first uses of "opposite" and "same"
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
@missmedic
No, if someone agrees to have sex with you only because they assume you to be completely, biologically, anatomically female, and it turns out you aren't, it's more than just a little lie. Once again, if I trick lesbians into having sex with me I'm 100% sure that a rape charge would stick to me like I was covered in superglue.

The problem with people who say things like you do, is that you're assuming that anyone who isn't okay with having sex with a member of the opposite sex or a trans person of the same sex is transphobic, homophobic, or just a bigot. You're wrong. What you're saying is that someone should be completely fine with unknowingly engaging in sexual activity outside of their sexual identity.

That was all mostly my opinion, now I'd like to point out the law, go ahead and look up the term "Rape by Deception" seriously, go ahead see how easily a case could be made out of one of these situations.
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
A person is not obligated to tell anyone of there medical history, however if a person has a medical condition that can cause harm (a disease or is homophobic) , then they have an obligation to tell the other person.
Posted by BackCommander 8 months ago
BackCommander
The point being made is that if someone has surgery to have a vagina, even though they were born with a penis, they're obligated to inform their partner. If someone assumes you were born a woman, and later finds out you weren't, consent is retroactively removed. If I pretend to be a woman in order to have sex with lesbians, I'm in the wrong. If women have the right to accuse men of rape just because they were drunk when they engaged in sex, doesn't that mean this argument holds just as much weight?
Posted by bri00 8 months ago
bri00
This is such trash discourse
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
Force is a method of creating or sustaining any interaction that is not voluntary by all parties.
Rough or gentle, a person's sexual proclivity have nothing to do with consent. Consent is to give permission for something to happen.
Posted by Robert_Weiler 8 months ago
Robert_Weiler
missmedic, you are incorrect, force does not negate consent. Some people like it rough.
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
The only thing that negates sexual consent by an other person, is force.