Sniper_Man_4567
Normerican

Deepest Quote #3

Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

This is not a debate that should be taken seriously. It is just a light-hearted competition to see who can come up with the deepest quote, so do not join expecting a fight or a heated argument. This will be my third installment of this debate since the previous two opponents have either quit early or failed to meet the expectations of the debate (following rules, etc.)

What I mean by "deepest quote" is a quote that makes you think or makes you feel a strong emotion to a particular subject. My profile picture is a example of what I call a "deep quote".

Do not accept the debate if you have any questions. Ask the question in the comment section and I will answer. If you understand what the rules are and you have no further questions please accept. I hope we have fun.

First round is acceptance. Rest of rounds are quotes we shall put up attempting to beat our opponent.

You must include the quote, the quote speaker, and why this quote is a deep quote.
Normerican

Con

Here is a deep quote;

"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything's different." - C.S. Lewis

Coming from someone who has had trouble dealing with change, and feelings of nostalgia; this quote is very impactful on my life, and possibly several others. It has a point, you know. Time goes on and on, and change happens every day; in the grand scheme of things...What was a year ago, is no longer what it was.
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

This is my quote:

"I gave you $10. He gave you $20. You felt that he was better just because he gave you more. But he had $200, and all I had was $10." -Anonymous

This quote, to me, shows how the human nature is to go for the one who gives more or has more to offer, despite having someone who has always helped you and has always been by your side with you. This has happened alot to me. I give someone all I have, then they leave.
Normerican

Con

Here's an even deeper quote:

"Your dream doesn't have an expiration date, take a deep breath and try again." - Anonymous

Just because your dream hasn't been successful, doesn't mean that it's over. You can keep striving for your dream until the day you die.
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

That was a deep quote, but mine is even deeper, buddy.

"Stop asking me to trust you while I'm still coughing up the water from the last time you let me drown."-Anonymous

This is a deep quote because most people in this world tend to believe that even though they broke your trust recently, they expect you to forgive them and move on while you still are hurting from what they have done to you.
Normerican

Con

Your quotes are very pessimistic. I'll do ya one better:

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." - Helen Keller

Even though your past is rough, or you don't like what you've become. Keep moving forward so you don't have to look back on it. Probably the best advice for getting up to go to work.
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

Sniper_Man_4567 forfeited this round.
Normerican

Con

Normerican forfeited this round.
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

Sniper_Man_4567 forfeited this round.
Normerican

Con

Normerican forfeited this round.
Posted by Sniper_Man_4567 1 year ago
Sniper_Man_4567
That's is perfectly fine. I do not care where you get the quote as long you site it and explain why it is a deep quote. BTW I know this debate is taken up but I usually always start another debate like this one when I complete the previous one. So I will start another "Deepest Quote" debate when this one is finished,
Posted by yomama12 1 year ago
yomama12
is it ok if my quotes are all from video games?