Sniper_Man_4567
Arnold_Benjaman

Deepest Quote

Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

This is not a debate that should be taken seriously. It is just a light-hearted competition to see who can come up with the deepest quote, so do not join expecting a fight or a heated argument.

What I mean by "deepest quote" is a quote that makes you think or makes you feel a strong emotion to a particular subject. My profile picture is a example of what I call a "deep quote".

Do not accept the debate if you have any questions. Ask the question in the comment section and I will answer. If you understand what the rules are and you have no further questions please accept. I hope we have fun.

First round is acceptance. Rest of rounds are quotes we shall put up attempting to beat our opponent.
Arnold_Benjaman

Con

Hello
"Hillary shall be lynched for her crimes"

Arnold
PhD History and Literature
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

I am guessing that the "Hillary will be lynched for her crimes" was a quote? Maybe? If so then technically you have already broken the rules in which I clearly said the first round is only acceptance. So that quote (if it was your quote) shall not count.

This is my "deep quote" for this round:
"I'm scared to death that I'll never be afraid"
-Owl City aka Adam Young in his song "Alligator Sky".

To me, this quote means that there maybe a day in the future that you realize that you've lived your whole life in safety in comfort and you would realize that you have not lived life the way it was meant to be lived; when you are afraid to do what you never thought you could do and you do it.
Arnold_Benjaman

Con

Hello,
My quote is "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."
I do not remember who said this, but I believe it is the words of a kind and knowing man/woman.
I believe this means that if you foster the youth and raise them well, the future will be bright.
Arnold,
PhD History and Literature
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

"One death is a tragedy, a thousand is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

This, to me, shows how blinded and insensitive the world has become and that everyone does not care for the mass death of many but care for the lone death of one.
Arnold_Benjaman

Con

Arnold_Benjaman forfeited this round.
Sniper_Man_4567

Pro

I wanted to continue the debate. If anyone wants to take his place in a separate debate PM me and I will answer you when I can .
Arnold_Benjaman

Con

Arnold_Benjaman forfeited this round.
Arnold_Benjaman

Con

Arnold_Benjaman forfeited this round.
Posted by Blade0886 1 year ago
Blade0886
Lol Con, you missed the whole point of your quote. It's meant to say that if you control youth, you control the future. it's more of a dire warning than anything else.
Posted by Blade0886 1 year ago
Blade0886
Quite amusing format. I'll try finding/making quotes I find profound just in case :P