maxlucas
Chris330

Democrats (Pro) vs Republicans (Con)

maxlucas has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

maxlucas

Pro

America has had competing ideologies for centuries. But, today we have two main political parties. Only one has mainly contributed to the advance of society in modern day. We have had a shift in the parties in the 60s, and now one should win the elections today. Conservatism destroys the economy with trickledown. Millionaires are the main ones who gain from this. That is why they tend to vote Republican, the republicans lower taxes on the rich and increase taxes on the middle class who cannot afford such a tax increase. Now, I must admit this can be wrong sometimes. Some presidents will lower taxes on everyone. I cannot debate this, some democrats believe in lowering taxes. I am one of those types of democrats, I believe in lowering taxes on everyone to make the economy grow. You can call me a new democrat, like Bill Clinton. The economy has soared under democrats in modern day and caused recession and depression through republicans. Herbert Hoover, Reagan, and Bush Jr. have all caused terrible recessions/depressions. But, there is a trend in these people. All have a democrat come after and have the economy be good. At least better than it was before. Obama has fixed the recession, FDR fixed the depression (with a little help from the war), and Bill Clinton turned deficiet into surplus. My next point would be social issues. Such as abortion and gay marriage, republicans have held us back on both. Gay marriage was only legalized nationwide in 2015. Roe v Wade is being contested by conservatives on almost a daily basis. You cannot argue that the republicans are the progressive party. Republicans also believe the death penalty should be nationwide, I am strongly against it. In many cases they get the verdict wrong, which means they execute someone who is indeed innocent. The death penalty also costs way more than it should. It costs more to put someone to death than put them in prison for life. It is hard to believe, isn't it? Gun control is also a big problem among americans. Many conservatives think that President Obama is trying to 'steal their guns!" But, of course that is a lie. What President Obama is actually trying to do is initiate common sense gun laws. It does not violate the second amendment, except if you are mentally insane or on the no fly list for a good reason. Congress, controlled by republicans, did not approve these things. Tell me, would you rather have insane people having AR15s or have everybody have a gun? It is a pretty easy question if you ask me. I would like to go back to what we had in the 90s under President Clinton. A ban on all assault weapons. Yes, it may sound crazy now because congress cannot even pass such an easy common sense law, but in the 90s we had a ban on assault weapons, under a democratic congress. It just made sense, what would you use an assault weapon for besides killing multiple people? The last social issues which I will address in this debate is *drum roll please* the Affordable Care act, AKA Obamacare. I like many republicans see flaws in Obamacare, but overall I believe it is fine. The president elect, who is a republican, wants to repeal and replace Obamacare as he stated in a tweet. This is absolutely ridiculous if you had to live through the years of the privatized health care. I think many people on this website have, so many of you know the terrible things of that experience. My next set of issues is foreign. We face many foreign threats out today. ISIS, cyber attacks, North Korea, Iran, and many more are threatening to this great nation of ours. I think it is very clear to see which party can lead us through this issues, democrats. This is because Republicans are very uneducated and do not know how to deal with this issues. They state that they really want to defeat ISIS, but if they wanted to defeat ISIS then I think they would support the common sense gun laws. And they say that they want to make sure Iran does not have a nuclear weapon, but if they did why you would they not support the Iran deal which makes Iran not have a nuke for years to come. The republicans instead shut down the government and annoy everyone, bringing congress's approval ratings to around 10%. In cyber attacks, many republicans (not saying them all) deny that Russia hacked the DNC, when literally so many departments of intelligence and investigation agree on it. The North Korean problem will not be solved militarily, but diplomatically. We cannot risk the chance of nuclear war with superpowers, such as Russia. I believe in a strong america, but we do not have to be in more pointless wars. Also, republicans believe we should not accept the Syrian refugees, this is very cruel and inhumane. I support letting in the refugees with background checks, since it is likely that at least one is a terrorist. But there are thousands upon thousands, we cannot deny these people the american dream that we have promised all the other people of this country. I hope to here your arguments.
Chris330

Con

I accept your challenge and look forward to this debate.

Dem's have been and always will be the prejudice and violence. Rarely do their policies look more than 5 mins down the road. They have no concept of the US Constitution, unless they can pervert it for their nefarious needs. They have no pride, respect or love for this country. The Dem's are for one thing, total control of the American people. The Dem constituents are just blinded to these truths. They claim to want diversity in everything but, where it matters most, diversity of opinion. The Dem's vision of America is not at all what the founding fathers had in mind. They no concept of basic economics (supply and demand). Group justice is more important than individual justice and fairness of outcome is more important than fairness of opportunity. Dem's are the party of violence. they claim to be anti-gun, but all of their modern time politics involve a man (or woman) with a gun forcing compliance. Gun control started with the Dem's to prevent free blacks from owning guns and continues now. Bill Clinton sums this up with the phrase 'Super Predator'. Most Dem's will finally admit the Andrew Jackson was a racist PoS but they don't recognize that their entire party has been and continues to be racist. From there grand champion (probably vice grand champion after Obama) FDR for fighting back against anti-lynching laws and rejuvenating the democratic KKK. Margaret Sanger founder of planned parenthood also was a member of the KKK. Why do you think that PP are in mostly minority neighborhoods? LBJ realized that the Dem's were going to go extinct if they didn't do something soon to secure the black vote, thus spawning the 'War on Poverty' that has done more harm for the black community than good. It's design was to keep minorities and the poor under control of the government. LBJ quote "I"ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years". After that the Dem's realized they can control the vote by going after all these groups and subgroups by promising the world every 4 years. The Republican party is best summed up with this one famous quote "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." That is what conservatism offers.... the red pill. The Democrate party can be summed up with the story of 'The Spider and the Fly'

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly;
""Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy.
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many pretty things to show when you are there."

"I"m sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the spider to the fly.
"There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin,
And if you like to rest awhile, I"ll snugly tuck you in."
"O no, no," said the little fly, "for I"ve often heard it said,
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed."

Said the cunning spider to the fly, "Dear friend, what shall I do,
To prove the warm affection I"ve always felt for you?
I have within my pantry good store of all that"s nice;
I"m sure you"re very welcome; will you please to take a slice?"
"O no, no," said the little fly, "kind sir, that cannot be;
I"ve heard what"s in your pantry, and I do not wish to see."

"Sweet creature!" said the spider, "You"re witty and you"re wise!
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlor shelf,
If you"ll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you"re pleased to say,
And bidding you good-morning now, I"ll call another day."

The spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly fly would soon be back again:
So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready to dine upon the fly.
Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing
"Come hither, hither, pretty fly, with the pearl and silver wing:
Your robes are green and purple; there"s a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead."

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little fly,
Hearing his wily flattering words, came slowly flitting by.
With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew
Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue;
Thinking only of her crested head " poor foolish thing! At last,
Up jumped the cunning spider, and fiercely held her fast.
He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,
Within his little parlor; but she ne"er came out again!

And now, dear little children, who may this story read,
To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne"er give heed;
Unto an evil counselor close heart, and ear, and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.
Posted by Chris330 1 year ago
Chris330
opening statement
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
Con makes a lot of assertions without any supporting evidence
Posted by Chris330 1 year ago
Chris330
no answer... I won't rebut then
Posted by Chris330 1 year ago
Chris330
am i allowed to rebut in r1?
Posted by Chris330 1 year ago
Chris330
if you claim the "Party swap" you have to prove it, not just claiming Goldwater.
Posted by Mike_10-4 1 year ago
Mike_10-4
Democrats, the Party of slavery. Republicans, the Party of freedom.
https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by maxlucas 1 year ago
maxlucas
Ok, tommy libertarian
Posted by maxlucas 1 year ago
maxlucas
Ok, tommy libertarian
Posted by Nanubot 1 year ago
Nanubot
nah
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
You could say democrats being in power provide better utilitarian outcomes than Republicans being in power and define what those outcomes are and argue that . Frankly, I think they both suck and I view government as being immoral.