physicsmajor1
the_streetsurfer

Democrats are better for the United States than Republicans.

physicsmajor1

Pro

Democrats believe that everyone should have the same chance at a good life. Republicans support the rich, and are more focused on money, than people. Shouldn't the government help those who aren't fortunate enough to born into wealthy families, and those who are disabled or handicapped? Everyone should get the same shot, and play by the same rules. The United States needs a population of people who can make a good living and support themselves, rather than a small number of rich people that have more rights, and more power than everyone else. Aren't we all created equal?
the_streetsurfer

Con

I accept. Can you make a few more arguments and supply proof?

Thanks!
physicsmajor1

Pro

Democrats also believe in protecting the environment. They strive to promote the use of renewable energy for the country. Climate change is a scientific fact, and Democrats are trying to get Americans to realize that. We, as a nation, are going to have to set an example for the rest of the world to follow, if we are to preserve the planet.
the_streetsurfer

Con

the_streetsurfer forfeited this round.
physicsmajor1

Pro

physicsmajor1 forfeited this round.
the_streetsurfer

Con

the_streetsurfer forfeited this round.
physicsmajor1

Pro

physicsmajor1 forfeited this round.
the_streetsurfer

Con

Wow... so many forfeited rounds...

"Democrats believe that everyone should have the same chance at a good life. Republicans support the rich, and are more focused on money, than people. Shouldn't the government help those who aren't fortunate enough to born into wealthy families, and those who are disabled or handicapped?"

Republicans also believe this. The government should indeed help the poor. However, I believe that simply giving the poor money won't help solve any problems. I remember a story of a homeless man. He was begin for money on the street and a wealthy guy came and sat down next to him. The rich man offered the homeless man two choices: Either the rich man would give the homeless man 100$ and leave or the rich guy would teach the homeless man about computer coding. The homeless man chose computer coding and today he is a successful programmer. (I don't have a direct link to the story, just Google it for proof)

The point is, sometimes handing out money (like welfare) doesn't fix the problems. I believe that the poor should be educated and given a chance at success rather than giving them money. Either way, democrats and republicans both want to help poor. We just have different methods.

"Democrats also believe in protecting the environment. They strive to promote the use of renewable energy for the country. Climate change is a scientific fact, and Democrats are trying to get Americans to realize that. We, as a nation, are going to have to set an example for the rest of the world to follow, if we are to preserve the planet."

Same basic idea. Please note that I asked my opponent for proof and he didn't provide any. Again, republicans want this also. This issue is very important to both sides and both parties are things about it.

In conclusion, we can see that each of these parties for the most part want the same things. However, each has different ways to approach them.

The resolution says that democrats are better for our country than republicans. I have shown how our ideas are in fact very similar. Therefore, neither party is "better" than the other. I have proven the resolution false.

Thank you!
Posted by the_streetsurfer 3 years ago
the_streetsurfer
I'm so sorry I couldn't keep track of time...
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Are they really any different, they are more or less the same, both bought off by the corporations. Both with similar policies.