Gabe1e
bballboy9876

Democrats are worse than Republicans

Gabe1e

Pro

Democrats are not better than Republicans. In fact, they are worse. I want to debate with a DEMOCRAT about this. I will start when someone accepts.
bballboy9876

Con

I accept this debate.

Just to be clear, will I post arguments in R2 or merely offer rebuttals? I don't mind either way.

Best of luck to you in this debate.
Gabe1e

Pro

I will ask you to offer your arguments first, I will defend in R3. For you in R3 please put "skipped as we planned." R4 I post my arguments, then you defend. Post your arguments now
bballboy9876

Con

Since Pro is arguing to prove that Democrats are worse than Republicans, I will provide arguments that show that Democrats are no worse than Republicans. My argument will focus on Republican views on some key issues: gay marriage, economic ideas, and the death penalty(1)(2).

Many republicans are opposed to gay marriage. There are many reasons why an opposition to gay marriage is ridiculous and unfair. Gays should have the basic human right to choose who they want to marry. Republicans want to deprive the gay community of this right. Also, gay marriage would pose no threat to society, which makes opposition to it utterly ridiculous.

While Democrats support raised taxes for the wealthy, Republicans support wages set by the free market and equal taxes for everyone. A flat tax for everyone isn't fair. The wealthy have plenty of money, so they could afford to pay better taxes. This would bring increased tax revenues without harming the wealthy.

A substantial number of Democrats are opposed to the death penalty, while many Republicans support it. The death penalty isn't right, even though it usually only applies to the most serious of crimes. If a man killed 3 people, why should he get the easy way out? Why should he not have to live with what he's done in prison for the rest of his life? The fact is, killing criminals makes us no better than them.

Conclusion: These are just a few issues that show that Republican views are morally and logically wrong. While Democrats may have wrong views on some issues, Republicans do as well, so Democrats aren't worse than them.

Over to my opponent.

1.http://www.americanpresident2012.com...
2.http://www.diffen.com...
Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
bballboy9876

Con

bballboy9876 forfeited this round.
Gabe1e

Pro

Gabe1e forfeited this round.
bballboy9876

Con

bballboy9876 forfeited this round.
Posted by knockinrockin 3 years ago
knockinrockin
This is gonna be really interesting...

P.S: I'm going for Democrats